Digital Kit Design » The Okse (32mm scale gaming mecha)

I get asked to tailor existing 3D kit designs for tabletop gaming a lot, but it’s more work than most realize since most of my work has fit tolerances and articulations built in for larger print scales. Simply reducing them doesn’t always work since parts no longer slot and details …

Continue reading

Digital Toy Design » Rabbit Action-Figure/Doll

A few years ago I had hand-sculpted, molded and cast some elastic-tension articulated rabbit figures, most of which I had flocked and created outfits and accessories for. The molds are long gone and I still wanted to make some more of these characters so I decided to recreate the design …

Continue reading

Art Toy Design » Flocked Cartoon Figures

Fusion 360 is not known or often used for organic designs, but that doesn’t mean it can’t be. After creating a redesign of my hand-sculpted rabbit BJD character body and a new Jumping Spider Shaker-Globe body, (to replace my original hand-sculpted master which ended up destroyed during mold-making) I knew …

Continue reading

Digital Redesign » Clyde.A2

A few years ago I designed and released the Clyde.A, a 1/6 scale resin kit which used aluminum ball joints, machine screws, and nuts to make the robot fully articulated. I was able to produce 3 batches of it before the physical kit portion of my Industria Mechanika (iMech) productions …

Continue reading

Digital Kit Design » FichtenFoo’s Cantankerous Anglerfish-Shaped Submersible

Customers loved the Octopus Submersible that I released for my November Patreon so much that I decided to create another submersible for December. This time I pulled the Anglerfish from the long list of kit ideas I have on my whiteboard. It’s a well-known fish due to the light dangling …

Continue reading

Digital Kit Design » FichtenFoo’s Incredulous Octopus-Shaped Submersible

After two steampunk fish-shaped submersibles, a jelly-fish, and the squid-shaped submersible, I thought I might try my hand at finally creating an octopus-shaped submersible to go with them. My original plan from a decade ago involved turning the arms into long corkscrew propeller blades, however what looked fine in the …

Continue reading