I am an artist and designer with a passion for creating original miniatures, toys, and collectibles. Over 25 years of professional experience with sculpting, product & graphic design, and bringing collaborative design projects from concept to finished product. Highly creative, inventive, and continuously learning or developing new skills and techniques to take ideas from concept to completion.
Design and production of model kits, toys, and collectibles from concept to finished product.
Digital sculpting and design using Autodesk Fusion 360.
Sculpting and fabrication by hand using a wide variety of mediums including plastic, clay, polymer clay, epoxy putty, wood, metal, fabric, paper, and more. Always learning or inventing new techniques as needed for the project at hand.
Collaboration with various concept and 3D artists as well as a multitude of production vendors to bring our collective collectible product designs to market.
Graphic designer with experience in both print and online.
Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Corel Draw, Autodesk Fusion 360, Chitubox & Lychee slicers, and Microsoft Office.
Mold making and resin casting
The Art Institute of Pittsburgh 1992-1994
Associate Degree in Specialized Technology/ Visual Communications
Industria Mechanika, Founder/Owner
October 2011 to Present
- Concept design, sculpting, and fabrication of various model kit products
- Collaboration with concept and 3D artists to develop and produce their designs as model kit products
- All graphic and web design necessary for packaging and promotion
- Managing a wide variety of vendors needed to facilitate the production of our products
- Accounting, sales, marketing, packing, shipping, customer service, and everything else that a small business needs in order to function.
Freelance Artist and Designer
- Design and production of small-batch models, toys, and collectibles
- Graphic design for print and web
- Website design and maintenance
Pittsburgh Technical Institute
October 2002 to October 2003
- Teaching students the fundamentals of web design, digital imaging, and creative thinking processes
- Managing daily classes of 20-30 students
- Creating and updating curriculum to suit studentâ€™s needs and learning styles
- Grading and assessing student created work
- Managing projects tasks and client meetings for industry-led student-projects.
Full-Time and Contract Web Development Positions Pre-2002
Synetex Media (April 1998 to 2002), Five Star Development Inc. (July 1998 to June 2002), Steelnet Communications (July 1997 to August 1999), Diskriter Communications Inc. (Aug 1997 to Sept 1997), Industry.Net (formerly Automation News Network) Nov 1994 to May 1997
- Graphic design and programming for creating various websites
- Managing new and existing web sites for clients
- Designed graphics and interfaces for internet and CD-ROM based training
- Trained co-workers in multiple departments on the use of various web and design tools
- Lead graphic designer managing other designers within my project teams