In Progress » ‘Futuristic’ Prototype 01 Vincent » Motel

I’ve been progressing with the scenery while waiting for some LEDs to arrive for Vincents head. First up is the portable marquis sign. After completing the scratch-building process I primed the sign in Mr. Color Base White. Then when dry I masked off the white portion and sprayed the whole…

Continue reading

In Progress » ‘Futuristic’ Prototype 01 Vincent

Years ago a fellow modeler friend of mine, Walter Pezzali, created a fantastic 1950’s looking robot kit master. (Vincent) I purchased one of the first and probably only casts of the time and while the design was great, the self-casting job was not. We decided to exchange it and try…

Continue reading

Completed » Edmontosaurus

The Edmontosaurus kit and base are completed as my non-entry into our forum’s Creature Feature contest. Since the last update chronicled the painting of the dino, this final update/galley will focus on the groundwork. I took an unfinished round wooden jewelery box from Micheals and finished it with an Ebony…

Continue reading

In Progress » 1/20 Edmontosaurus » Paint

Despite some setbacks, the Edmontosaurus is just about done. My initial basecoat had melted away causing me to have to strip and reprime it. I had originally primed it with Duplicolor Self-Etching Primer then basecoated with Krylon Ivory. This looked great until my next step. I had applied a thick…

Continue reading

In Progress » 1/20 Edmontosaurus

Here’s the start of my non-entry into the FichtenFoo Forums “Creature Feature” contest. I’ve been considering trying a dinosaur kit ever since I happened upon a copy of Amazing Figure Modeler Issue #31 which happened to have dinos as the theme of the month. The work was pretty inspirational, but…

Continue reading

Completed » Falke Antigravity Raider

The 1/20 Scale Falke from Hasegawa is completed. Overall a very fun build without any major problems. Parts fit was great and painting/weathering went smoothly. The base was fun as well. So nice to work with Celluclay at this scale rather than the large base for Dagobah. I used plaster…

Continue reading