The Falke progress continues with decals and heat tarnished metal effects. First I applied Mig Productions filters to the unsealed hull right on top of mjy Tamiya paint coat. Best way to apply them! Then after a gloss clearcoat of Future I applied the decals. I used those that came with the kit as well as some from a Soviet plane for the numbers and a few additional markings by the cat decal.
I also started the weathering and tarnish effects for the engine and metal parts. After my initial Alclad II coats I applied a satin coat of Future to seal it. Then I used Silver and Gold Rub ‘N Buff as well as blue and violet oil paints. These were applied straight and blended randomly and applied to the surface. Then they were smoothed in. The results are great and gives that color-shifting look. Later I’ll ass some greasy grime and washes. I also added more red wires to clutter the look more after noticing that the Hind engines had a lot of these (and yellow) cable lines. The small red-coated handles were made from brass strip and striaght pins. The tip of the handle was dipped in cheap red acrylics to give it the rubber-coated look.