Author Topic: Falke Armoured Raider with Excimer Laser Gun  (Read 2895 times)

November 10, 2012, 09:05:21 PM
Read 2895 times

Lin.K

• Information
  • Reporter At Large
    • View Profile
    • Scale120
Hey guys, here's a Falke for AK Interactive's "The Weathering Magazine" volume 3, "Chipping". These are some extra photos I shot that probably won't be used and I figured you guys might like the preview.

Thanks for looking, hope you like it.

Linc

Please check out my new online Gallery and Progress Reports!

Scale120

November 11, 2012, 06:11:28 AM
Reply #1

Jiloo

• Information
  • | keep-disco-evil |
    • View Profile
Great work! Wish I can do it like this.
Makes me wanna buy the mag ;)
I'm just about to start my Falke build and this is very inspiring.

November 11, 2012, 06:17:36 AM
Reply #2

Lin.K

• Information
  • Reporter At Large
    • View Profile
    • Scale120
Thanks Jiloo!

All the best with your Falke!!

Scale120

November 11, 2012, 01:25:22 PM
Reply #3

struschie

• Strahl Demokratische Republik
  • Information
    • View Profile
The Falke is the only Ma.K I'ld propably never buy. Part as it not odd enough for my taste, part as I've seen too much in the last  2 1/2 years.
BUT this one stands apart! You really showed what I love about your painting skills in this session and it's so unique in many aspects - Kudos, 'dude'

November 11, 2012, 06:54:22 PM
Reply #4

Lin.K

• Information
  • Reporter At Large
    • View Profile
    • Scale120
At first I was thinking, "who is this moron out to make friends?" and then I realized its you and that you are a moron I'm already friends with!  :razz:

Thanks mate, appreciate the comments and I see what you mean. It's generic looking enough that it can appeal to people with different tastes, not necessarily the scary dudes just into the Ma.K junk. I've built 4 or 5 myself and still haven't done a Griffon, the final version! Buy, I'll get a kick in the paints for that one when I do it in a year or so.

Scale120

November 12, 2012, 12:08:47 AM
Reply #5

ultramini

• Information
    • View Profile
    • Ultramini!
Ehi pal, it looks like a pile of scrap!  :lol:

Superb work, i like how you keep it bright also if heavily worn down... something to really keep in mind when going with heavy weathering.

Great!
Make Everything as simple as possible, but not simpler.
Galleries and WIP on Flickr!
My Blog (in italian)

November 12, 2012, 12:24:00 AM
Reply #6

Hunter Rose

• Information
  • aka Grendel
    • View Profile
Nice work! I especially like the rusted patch repair on the side.

The faulke is a model I'd love to build, but my young daughter uses up most of my money these days!  :lol:
'Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!' ~ Black Dynamite

November 12, 2012, 03:52:50 AM
Reply #7

Sharkdog

• Premium Blend.
  • Information
  • 4 8 15 16 23 42
    • View Profile
I dunno, a lot of modelers love a generic looking kit with an interesting shape, just for all the POSSIBILITIES :D

The chipping and overall paintwork looks really good here. Congrats on being a feature in a tutorial book, that's pretty impressive.

November 12, 2012, 06:39:24 PM
Reply #8

Lin.K

• Information
  • Reporter At Large
    • View Profile
    • Scale120
Ehi Ultramini, how have you been?

Glad you like it and yes, sometimes we must be careful that we don't dirty too much and make a boring model. For my recent models, this is pretty clean I guess!

Hunter Rose

Thanks! Glad the patch reads well. Me too, have a little girl too, needs new shoes and clothes every couple of days it seems but there's no better compliment than when she walks in, supervises my work and says, "that's really cool dad!".  :D

Shark dog, that's a really good point. A generic model - and I think that's at least one of the reasons Sherman's and panthers are so popular - is that they provide a kind of standardized canvas to start from and they can hold a variety of schemes and finishes. Some models I work on only have a certain number of poses and schemes and once you've hit them, that's it!

Thanks on the tutorial thing, I hadn't actually thought about it like that and I guess that's right. Great team of people, a pleasure to work with and very inspiring.

Scale120