Author Topic: G-System 1/100 Xeku Zwei  (Read 12212 times)

April 06, 2008, 06:11:42 PM
Reply #20

mtomczek

• paid by the force
  • Information
    • View Profile
    • http://www.mtomczek.com
Finally around to the detail shots and a high res version.

Here they are:

Size comparison with 1/100 MG Kampfer

High Res:
http://www.mtomczek.com/gundam/xeku_final1_high.jpg

April 17, 2008, 04:05:54 PM
Reply #21

SummerSean

• Information
  • Who could hate summer?
    • View Profile
Wow great job its like a pretty paper weight

April 18, 2008, 06:18:19 AM
Reply #22

Major Blah

• Bloody Canadian
  • Information
  • oink!
    • View Profile
    • SquintyEyes
I don't know what kind of paper you're talking about, but I can see all kinds of paper being squashed by the sheer mass of the Zwei.  :doh::razz:

The detailed shots really show that you didn't go sloppy anywhere in the process, great job.  And I wasn't that convinced of the size of this beast until I see it side-by-side with the K.. :twitch:

April 18, 2008, 06:36:44 AM
Reply #23

zerobxu

• mit Sauerkraut!
  • Information
  • D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
    • View Profile
    • Zero: Dumber Than Fiction
Yowza, that's big!

Looks fantastic. It's like a giant cluster of complicated components coming together to form an uber-mecha. As low-brow as that observation probably came across, I really love the overall look of this beast.
"The parrot is the bird that talks the most and flies the worst."
-The Wright Brothers

April 18, 2008, 08:02:23 AM
Reply #24

Astronopolis

• Information
    • View Profile
i really really love this model, but one aspect of it really irks me, and i hate to bring it to attention in lieu of all the hard work and effort put forth to bring this project to fruition, but its gotta be the nonchalant pose that its in. if it were crouching with a wider stance it would look alot less like a fat lady in black pumps standing on the corner, all dressed up with nowhere to go . that said, amazing paint job, and the color selection is really quite top notch!

April 18, 2008, 08:42:22 AM
Reply #25

mtomczek

• paid by the force
  • Information
    • View Profile
    • http://www.mtomczek.com
i really really love this model, but one aspect of it really irks me, and i hate to bring it to attention in lieu of all the hard work and effort put forth to bring this project to fruition, but its gotta be the nonchalant pose that its in. if it were crouching with a wider stance it would look alot less like a fat lady in black pumps standing on the corner, all dressed up with nowhere to go . that said, amazing paint job, and the color selection is really quite top notch!

As much as I would have loved to pose it any way other then what I did, the design of the kit doesnt allow for it. There are no joints in the knees, and with the sheer weight of the back you have to pose it the way I did just to keep it standing up. I literally spent a few hours trying to figure out how to pose the thing before I started painting it, and the only one that really allowed for it to stand properly is the pose it's in. There really isn't much you can do, the arms don't move at all (a little bit side to side, but nothing front to back) so the pose it's in is what you get.

April 18, 2008, 12:13:34 PM
Reply #26

nico

• Information
    • View Profile
I don't like the fat design of this mech but you did a wonderfull job especially with all these littles OP here and there.

April 28, 2008, 06:00:24 PM
Reply #27

walker

• always expect the maximum
  • Information
    • View Profile
WOW. That's amazing. I absolutely love the Xeku designs. I can't imagine how much work went into that. It's really incredible, great job. Having just edited/released Sentinel in English myself I'm especially partial to it. It's big, but not over-cluttered and still elegant. Awesome job.
By the way, say hi to Chris!

April 30, 2008, 01:53:12 AM
Reply #28

STR1KU

• Information
    • View Profile
This guy is just awesome, I like the huge design very much although it's the fist time I ever seen this xeku  :D Never knew that it existed actually  :P Really excellent job  8) 8) 8)