Author Topic: MG Advanced Hazel  (Read 691 times)

April 26, 2021, 07:12:25 PM
Read 691 times

Mrex-sgundam

• OPE
  • Information
  • Wow, time flies.
    • View Profile
Hello!

Here is a brief progress thread on my Advanced Hazel build

I'm starting to gather a nice backlog of kits (MG ZII Resin Conv, Ex-s/S Gundam 1.5 and MG Mk.V) so I felt very compelled to complete this one with my new airbrush!

The Badger Patriot 105 is a pretty good entry level airbrush and I've been pretty happy thus far. I'd say learning to do things in layers, even strokes and regulating air pressure are my biggest flaw starting out. Which, now that I think about it, are the major things to airbrushing properly.  Also, I am using a full shop compressor, that drives my girlfriend crazy, so I only have time to paint on the weekends or if I start the compressor before she gets home from work  :shifty: .

Now, I just jumped into this kit about a week ago and have been doing things in burst. I tried to be mindful of taking progressive photos, but things tend to get in the way so here's a nice photo dump

Mr.Hobby Surfacer 1200 - Primer for all parts (I need more alligator clips  :meh:)

Mr.Hobby Black/Green C018 - Frame parts

Mr.Hobby Deep Ocean Blue C375 - Outer Frame/Main Color

A rule of thumb, that I will keep in mind for future kits, never start with a paint color youre very close to being out of. I have a NEWTYPE order a few days out, that will contain another jar of Deep Ocean Blue, and I should have this kit ready for decals the following week.

I'm definitely striving for a subtle look overall, but with just a little bit of pop with the Black/Green frame. It's hard to capture but when you see the green, it really sets the kit apart.

Hey, how's it going?

There are no comments for this topic. Do you want to be the first?