Author Topic: 1/6 Mona  (Read 1517 times)

February 07, 2009, 05:33:21 AM
Read 1517 times

Mindless

• Information
    • View Profile
Got this kit from a friend the other day, I just couldn't help breaking it out and start working on it. Aiming to get this one done fast (Wednesday or towards the weekend is my aim) then resume work on my commission builds.

Here it is as a whole, pretty impressive size.  :)

There were some ugly mold lines running along the side of the legs all the way from the feet up to her hips, these were carved down with the blunt side of a knife blade and then sanded smooth, resulting in a more or less perfect surface.

I then hit up the legs and the sword with some primer to spot any errors and such. Noting major, a few small fixes here and there.

More to follow...

February 07, 2009, 05:34:07 AM
Reply #1

Mindless

• Information
    • View Profile
...and here are the rest of the pictures.

DAT ASS!  :ninja:

Ok, time to deal with some more pressing issues with the kit - fitting of the arms. The gap between the arm and body when joined together isn't huge but big enough to bother you (.5-.8mm wide) so out comes the putty and vaseline...

The arm joint is smeared lightly with vaseline so it doesn't stick to the putty, old trick but very simple and useful. Not to mention good for your hands.

Imprint complete. Leave to dry until tomorrow and clean off the excess putty plus some sanding and it should look beautiful.

The torso had some pretty bad fitting issues as well (none that could be resolved by heating and bending) so out came the putty and vaseline once more...

Also pinned together her weapon / sword and puttied the seam up. A bit of primer to cover it up then ready for a nice coat of gloss black.

That's it for now folks. Stay tuned for more.  :)

February 08, 2009, 02:13:56 PM
Reply #2

GodOfDeath

• Information
    • View Profile
The face is very strange, it remind a egyptian with their tall hats; I really like the design of the body and the big massive sword. Hope to see it painted soon!