Author Topic: Kampher, I dont have a special name for it yet  (Read 4196 times)

November 23, 2006, 04:41:40 AM
Read 4196 times

jhannah

• Information
    • View Profile
hi folks. this is where i am at now.  not much.  i have been out to sea for a month and didnt get much done.  some of the pictures suck as they are blurry but you get the idea. :) www.126.photobucket.com/albums/p101/hannahje/

November 23, 2006, 04:46:39 AM
Reply #1

fulcy

• Genius is never understood in its own time
  • Information
    • View Profile
    • http://www.mechaskunk.com
Alright, so you don't have a name for it - at least give us a description - what's your overall concept, what are you trying to accomplish?

November 24, 2006, 02:49:35 AM
Reply #2

jhannah

• Information
    • View Profile
somehow this became a new thread and not a continuation of the original.  I am not sure where i want to go with this one.  Fulcy I'm waiting on items I ordered from you (I'm the one on the USS Shiloh, Jonathan, we talked about shipping), and my order from HLJ has not arrived yet either.  so I dont know.  I wanted to light it so I did, and thats where I'm at.  
the blue LED is from a skull charm that i took apart, so the battery is the switch as well. i figured that i could hide the battery in 3 of the mines stacked together, theres a picture for that.  
the red LED is from one of those keychain lights, its not very bright on the the inside of the body so i have to figure out a way to make it shine through.  the fuel tanks look good i think.  the feet, i think was a hasty idea,  but i'm stuck with them so i have to make it work now.  I have some polyeter putty so i can fill them in and round them off.

November 24, 2006, 04:54:45 AM
Reply #3

fulcy

• Genius is never understood in its own time
  • Information
    • View Profile
    • http://www.mechaskunk.com
Does priority mail usually take that long to get to you?  I shipped that about 1.5 weeks ago, so I would have expected you to have gotten it by now - and, actually, I shipped it at the time I gave you the refund - since that's when I figured out how much the actual shipping was, so that was back on the 6th of November...

November 25, 2006, 04:06:42 AM
Reply #4

jhannah

• Information
    • View Profile
hey dont worry.  When I'm out on deployment it usually takes a long time.  I'm a patient man.  Now though that i'm back home, i will probably get it on monday at mail call.  thanks again though.