Author Topic: 1/24 Extreme Turbine Combat Racer - Kitbash  (Read 41236 times)

October 29, 2012, 07:00:11 AM
Reply #140

Jiloo

• Information
  • | keep-disco-evil |
    • View Profile
Love enamel work on the engines.

October 29, 2012, 07:31:31 AM
Reply #141

Hunter Rose

• Information
  • aka Grendel
    • View Profile
'Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!' ~ Black Dynamite

October 31, 2012, 01:28:12 AM
Reply #142

Beork

• Information
    • View Profile
wow, lovely engines, nice and busy.

Are you going to keep the contrast between the front and back part this big or are you going to add something to make the transition smoother?

Very EVA colourscheme by the way

October 31, 2012, 02:42:19 AM
Reply #143

Hunter Rose

• Information
  • aka Grendel
    • View Profile
Thanks Beork!

I do want it to be a fairly stark contrast front to back, but once the turret and shield generator are on it will smooth it out, plus I'm thinking about putting some more flaps on the roof, as well as the double wing type flaps that will be fitted to the sides of the engines so its not going to be so stark when I'm finished
'Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!' ~ Black Dynamite

November 02, 2012, 02:19:22 PM
Reply #144

Will Vale

• Information
    • View Profile
The engines look excellent, lovely filigree touches of other metals.

Sorry this is a bit late, I've had my head down trying to finish something (and probably failing!) this week.

November 06, 2012, 12:15:40 AM
Reply #145

Hunter Rose

• Information
  • aka Grendel
    • View Profile
Cheers Will! No worries mate, look forward to seeing your next bit of work

The weather has been really cold and crap here so I didn't get into the shed, but I'll be doing some work on it tomorrow so should be more soon

November 08, 2012, 02:51:01 AM
Reply #146

Hunter Rose

• Information
  • aka Grendel
    • View Profile
Okay so I got back in the shed last night and was able to do some more work on the racer  :-)

Started by sorting out the cabling using some yellow coated wire that came with my italieri 1/24 truck accessories, and also used some spring tube with copper rod to hold the shape as some larger pipes comiung from the two holes on either side of the body

And I glued the engine cover into place now the cabling is sorted and I know it wont obstruct further construction

I also dry fitted the shield generator dome and the rear turret to get a sens of how its going to look and to double check no cabli obstructs its placement. I was planning on having the shield generastor directly on top of the turret, but it hid a lot of the detail of the turret and I think it looks better on the roof anyway.

I'm really pleased with how it looks, this will be the final positions, I'll get them glued in, next up will be some decals! Main front weapons and the side fins will be glued on last. Should be more soon guys (i hope!) thanks for looking!  :D

November 08, 2012, 03:13:39 AM
Reply #147

Jiloo

• Information
  • | keep-disco-evil |
    • View Profile
Can't wait to see it finishied.

Can you tell what paint you used as a base for engines? Think it was Alclad, 'couse I can see bottles and thinner on your workspace.

November 08, 2012, 03:55:17 AM
Reply #148

Sharkdog

• Premium Blend.
  • Information
  • 4 8 15 16 23 42
    • View Profile
Wewt, cables and piping!

It's really coming together now, especially with the few coloured pieces on the engine, it breaks up the extreme difference between the two sides and really makes it one whole :)

November 08, 2012, 05:36:22 AM
Reply #149

Hunter Rose

• Information
  • aka Grendel
    • View Profile
Can't wait to see it finishied.

Can you tell what paint you used as a base for engines? Think it was Alclad, 'couse I can see bottles and thinner on your workspace.

Cheers Jiloo, yes it is alclad, sharp eyes!  :-) The gloss black primer with alclad steel sprayed over the top.

Wewt, cables and piping!

It's really coming together now, especially with the few coloured pieces on the engine, it breaks up the extreme difference between the two sides and really makes it one whole :)

Thanks Shark, I must admit as sure as I was about the look after a few comments about the harsh contrast I was starting to worry it would be too much but now I've done the dry fit I'm very pleased with the look!

November 08, 2012, 06:36:19 AM
Reply #150

Jiloo

• Information
  • | keep-disco-evil |
    • View Profile
The gloss black primer with alclad steel sprayed over the top.
You mean Alclad primer?
I have never used Alclads before, but I like the effects, so will try them with pleasure.
Now I'm using Gunze Super Metallics, and I'm very pleased with them both the durability of the coating and the metal shade. Usualy lay them over black Gaia primer. But Alclad has so much more shades that it is very tempting ;)

November 09, 2012, 02:40:16 AM
Reply #151

Hunter Rose

• Information
  • aka Grendel
    • View Profile
You mean Alclad primer?
I have never used Alclads before, but I like the effects, so will try them with pleasure.
Now I'm using Gunze Super Metallics, and I'm very pleased with them both the durability of the coating and the metal shade. Usualy lay them over black Gaia primer. But Alclad has so much more shades that it is very tempting ;)

Yes the alclad gloss black primer, although a lot of the time now, I spray regular primer first to check for imperfections, then the gloss black. I've only ever used alclads for my metalics, I'm a huge fan of them, as you say they have a very wide range of shades and the finish is bulletproof! I'd highly recommend them, only thing is they are a little on the pricey side

November 09, 2012, 04:14:41 AM
Reply #152

Jiloo

• Information
  • | keep-disco-evil |
    • View Profile
You mean Alclad primer?

Yes the alclad gloss black primer, although a lot of the time now, I spray regular primer first to check for imperfections, then the gloss black. I've only ever used alclads for my metalics, I'm a huge fan of them, as you say they have a very wide range of shades and the finish is bulletproof! I'd highly recommend them, only thing is they are a little on the pricey side
I know what you mean. For me there is no greater primer than Gunze Surfacer. It's exelent microfiller. Then I spray black gaia which is very smooth, but do not fills so good.
Gunze Super Metallics are not the cheapest one too, and Alclads have bigger bottles. I love them Gunze SM's, becouse in many ways they are the same as Alclads (quick dry, very hard surface, good airbrush flow, beatifull finish), but there are only 6 shades including only one gold. Definitely need to try Alclads. Thanks for your opinion.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2012, 01:21:14 PM by Jiloo »

November 19, 2012, 10:14:52 AM
Reply #153

Hunter Rose

• Information
  • aka Grendel
    • View Profile
I got the decals in place, with the aid of micro set and micro sol . Used the large decal sheet from the italieri 1/24 truck accessories and another sheet that I think came with the tamiya pit crew, not sure. Still some to do on the side fins and stuff, but thats the body done, just need to spray a coat of future to seal them once the micro sol is dry.

Next up will be sealing all that in and then getting more decals on the side fins, rear turret and shield generator. Then its just a matter of getting all the bits glued on and then its pretty much done!

More soon guys thanks for looking  :-)

November 19, 2012, 10:54:38 AM
Reply #154

struschie

• Strahl Demokratische Republik
  • Information
    • View Profile
Nice lots of decals - but the windshieled turned out horrorful... :/

November 19, 2012, 12:33:58 PM
Reply #155

Sticky Fingers

• Frankensteiner
  • Information
  • Stickier than thou
    • View Profile
"Hang on a minute, lads, I've got a great idea!"

November 20, 2012, 10:21:53 AM
Reply #156

thejurasikfrank

• Information
    • View Profile
Awesome hunter!
I said this before but here I go again, I really like the difference between the front and back structure. The decals are tiying things up nicely.

LOL

Cheers
What a piece of junk!

November 20, 2012, 10:23:10 AM
Reply #157

Beork

• Information
    • View Profile
Coolness! really love the overload of sponsor decals!

November 20, 2012, 02:17:22 PM
Reply #158

Hunter Rose

• Information
  • aka Grendel
    • View Profile

What?? Clear windscreens are for sissy's!  :D Cheers struschie

Loving this!

Thanks sticky!

Awesome hunter!
I said this before but here I go again, I really like the difference between the front and back structure. The decals are tiying things up nicely.

Cheers frank, thats cool you can say it as many times as you like  :lol:

Coolness! really love the overload of sponsor decals!

Thanks Beork, I'm really pleased with how they look  :-)

I'm hoping to get this finished at the weekend, so with any luck the next update will be the final (or penultimate!) update.

Thanks for the comments guys

November 20, 2012, 03:11:12 PM
Reply #159

wittmann

• Information
    • View Profile
 8)

Well done! Inspiring idea.....     ;) :D