Author Topic: MG Zaku2 v2 (8 of 20)  (Read 2443 times)

September 14, 2011, 03:22:52 AM
Read 2443 times

Hemish

• Information
    • View Profile
    • http://www.katoots.com
Well here is one I have been working on for awhile, it was sitting in the cabinet built with a base coat of steel down on it.
Anyways Sonars challenge from the GAF to finish 20 of these by end of next yr was enough to get me going on this one.
So I present 8 of 20, a Very used mech with heavy weathering and chipping all over it it was given a heavy wash as well.
I used the koto gatling gun and koto hand set and different decals from wave and akocreation along with some bandai ones.
The base was a first for me, the rock was cast using woodland scenics products from their mold and then painted with raw umber and burnt cienna and black

Anyways that enough of me going on here are the pics

September 14, 2011, 04:41:37 AM
Reply #1

MGmodeler

• Information
    • View Profile
    • MGmodeler
Looks great Hemish!

At first while reading your description I was thinking it was going to be a Zak with extra heavy weathering and damage all over but when I saw your pics I liked what I saw.
Something that looks used but not too over done.

Can't wait to see what the rest will look like.

September 27, 2011, 06:49:51 PM
Reply #2

LordGenji

• Information
    • View Profile
Great job on the weathering and decals!  Where did you get the machine gun from?  I cant seem to find Koto parts.

September 30, 2011, 12:05:12 PM
Reply #3

squee

• Ever the obvious...
  • Information
    • View Profile
I agree w/ MGmodeler, I like the less is more look when it comes to weathering, and this kit definitely has that! 8)

Awesome job!

October 05, 2011, 01:41:39 AM
Reply #4

the greebler elf

• Information
    • View Profile
 ;)  wow cool piece!