Author Topic: Creature Feature Contest Rules and Questions  (Read 7250 times)

March 14, 2010, 05:50:44 PM
Read 7250 times

FichtenFoo

• Michael Fichtenmayer
  • Information
  • Administrator
  • 16 bits of fun
    • View Profile
    • FichtenFoo.com
NO LONGER A CONTEST.  :sarcasm:

Because we've not done it yet and it's good to expand our horizons/learn new techniques that "Creature Feature" is our next contest.

So no robots or "pure" looking humans. Just monsters, aliens, dinosaurs, animals, mutants, vampires, werewolves, frankies, zombies and the like. Cyborgs depends on the cyborg. Star Trek TNG Borg = Yes. GitS Kusanagi/Gally = No.

As usual, must be something unstarted or barely started and must show progress pics.

Deadline is August 1st, 2010. That gives us almost 6 months to do something cool be it a sculpt from scratch, something huge, or some sort of diorama.

We'll try to get some prize sponsors for Gold, Silver, and Bronze winners.

Glory-only prize categories are as follows:

Best Diorama
Best Original Sculpture
Most "Out-There"
Best Reptilian (Dragons, Dinos, "Visitors?, etc")
Best TV/Movie Related

To Enter:

Start a thread in this forum (please do not start entry thread without pics as per forum rules) with your first steps or ideas. Then post progress as you go in same thread.

Post finished images in same entry thread and mark entry done by adding "Finished ยป" to the front of your topic title.

Have fun!!!

EDIT: Here's a small version of the Creature Feature logo thingy if anyone needs it.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 06:26:47 AM by FichtenFoo »

August 27, 2010, 04:52:18 AM
Reply #1

Picster

• Information
    • View Profile
Hey there,
i don't want to bother you but i couldn't find any news....
Is the contest already over or was there some kind of deadline change?

Cheers,
Raffa

August 27, 2010, 06:31:17 AM
Reply #2

FichtenFoo

• Michael Fichtenmayer
  • Information
  • Administrator
  • 16 bits of fun
    • View Profile
    • FichtenFoo.com
Heh, whoops! Completely forgot about this. Been a busy month. Give me a bit to get organized.

September 15, 2010, 10:19:51 PM
Reply #3

Grail

• Unlicensed Nuclear Accelerator
  • Information
    • View Profile
    • Site Link
Deadline change?..maybe more entries?  :shifty:  :D
« Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 10:21:33 PM by Grail »
Throw it Hard

December 20, 2010, 05:00:50 AM
Reply #4

Picster

• Information
    • View Profile
Hmmmmmmm,
i thought a while if i should post here but i think today the time is right.

@Michael
If you don't have the interest in finishing what you begun with this contest, be honest and tell it to the people.
I see you doing a lot of other stuff in the while... it had been almost 5 months since the deadline and the contest was announced and started 6 months before the deadline.
I saw other contests handled with utmost interest while this one here is lying around and didn't get any attention from you.

This is unfair for the competitors in my opinion.

I run a painting blog myself and we had some contests with prizes too and on one we had less than a hand full of competitors but anyway we finished the contest on the deadline and sent out the prizes to the lucky winners.

I know it's all about fun, but anyway this was called out as a contest and not as a new creature build forum and so, with respect, it should be handled as such.

I also guess i won't be making friends like this but it really itched my soul every time i look into this great forum.
Anyway i hope you can respect and understand my issue i surely don't want to offend you.

Cheers,
Raffaele

December 20, 2010, 06:24:36 AM
Reply #5

FichtenFoo

• Michael Fichtenmayer
  • Information
  • Administrator
  • 16 bits of fun
    • View Profile
    • FichtenFoo.com
Honestly, I have a lot on my plate and keep forgetting about this. It's not like I'm doing (or not doing it) to be ignorant, I've just not done it. And no... a week before one of the busiest and most stressful holidays of the year is NOT the right time. :sarcasm:

EDIT:

I just realized that you didn't even finish either so now I'm REALLY not sure why you're complaining. A pot calling the kettle black it is. I'll just rename it a group build since that's what it turned into anyway. Definitely not enough entries to be a proper contest.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 06:28:06 AM by FichtenFoo »

December 20, 2010, 06:34:42 AM
Reply #6

FichtenFoo

• Michael Fichtenmayer
  • Information
  • Administrator
  • 16 bits of fun
    • View Profile
    • FichtenFoo.com
Actually... let me change this... since Red Comet was the ONLY one to finish by the deadline, he wins... by default.  :lol: I'm sure he'll be very proud and I'm proud of him for finishing on time. And I do like his bust so it's not like he won because it was the only completed entry by the deadline. nevermind... there's 2 finished entries.

As for the rest of you lazy slack-asses. You lose... by default. While you may have finished (and started) after the deadline and did spectacular jobs... Especially Grail... you're still losers (including me!) so let's all have a collective "suck it". :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :razz: :razz: :razz:
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 06:46:50 AM by FichtenFoo »

December 20, 2010, 06:43:18 AM
Reply #7

Picster

• Information
    • View Profile
At first, i didn't want to push you, if you think the time is not right, just leave it for the time after christmas...
Second, i won't complain if i didn't finish something ......
http://fichtenfoo.net/forum/index.php?topic=5614.0

I'm fine with the forum beeing edited into a group build, i just thought it was unfair letting it rot like a unliked person that was once a friend ;)

December 20, 2010, 06:52:42 AM
Reply #8

FichtenFoo

• Michael Fichtenmayer
  • Information
  • Administrator
  • 16 bits of fun
    • View Profile
    • FichtenFoo.com
Ahh... I missed that... My bad. Still, it's obviously a very bad and very busy and VERY STRESSFUL time of year. I'm backed-up on everything. Interviews to complete, commissions to complete, masters to master, articles to write, subs to pack and ship, AND all the xmas stuff.

I'm still turning it into a GB as 2 entries a contest does not make. The prize was only "glory" and if that's all one cares about then they're modeling for the wrong reason. The whole point of the "contest" was to have fun and to try to get people here to try something organic. If you did then you're definitely a winner.

December 20, 2010, 07:04:01 AM
Reply #9

Picster

• Information
    • View Profile
I'm sharing your thoughts!
Contests should always be for fun and not for any prize.

I hope you didn't misunderstand me and as i said a have absolutely no problem if this is just turned into a GB :)

But as it was, it wasn't a good state.
Now you made things clear, i can look into the forums with cheer again :)

I wish all brothers of brushes nice holidays and don't get to stressed from the beloved hobby of us all!

Cheers,
Raffa
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 07:05:32 AM by Picster »

December 25, 2010, 11:07:10 PM
Reply #10

Grail

• Unlicensed Nuclear Accelerator
  • Information
    • View Profile
    • Site Link
Foo: I refuse to suck,I got chicks in high school so it's impossible that I am a loser.I am awesome.My mom said so.  :lol:  8)  :razz:
No offense intended picster,but the crap flinging must be left for the tree dwellers.  :-)  :razz: Also in the spirit of Christmas being all about receiving,prizes ARE in fact awesome  :lol:  :razz:
As for the "contest",we should be stoked there was a contest or GB at all! I love this site. So many sites are filled with whiners and crap content,it is ALWAYS a joy to surf here and NEVER (uncheery). I was never having anxiety waiting,I didn't care if it was EVER judged,so I don't really need to be spoken for.
(Except for the props which are awesome and never too much)  :-) Also threads don't have emotions,so they don't feel like unwanted friends.
Anyhow,I'm going to the hill to tear up some fresh snow. Good luck with your action packed Christmas Foo! Picster,Merry Christmas,now go outside.
To all the other modeler madmen,hope you get some "you time" this holiday.
Congrats on all the cool builds here. Merry Christmas everybody!
Good Times!  :D
« Last Edit: December 25, 2010, 11:09:47 PM by Grail »
Throw it Hard