Author Topic: Sd.Kfz.188 Kampfläufer 6 LäuferTiger  (Read 20033 times)

August 15, 2009, 11:46:41 AM
Read 20033 times

Macal

• Information
  • Member of the Brotherhood of the Iron God
    • View Profile
    • Macals World
Hi Folks!

The deadline comes very fast, but I think I'll able to do something :) Ehh, next monday will travel with my love for a little vacation  :embarrased: 8)
So, a little progress, started the interior of the turret. But I unable to take photos, the batteries just exhausted :) (Don't be angry, a just little progress "happened" :))
But I made a drawing (sorry, I love MS Paint :)) about how do I think the final looking of the Beast:

Better pic:
http://img2.tar.hu/macal/img/38670934.jpg#3

BTW, today put together ther barrel with the plastic parts, and made some changes and added some extras for the main cannon.
I will post the pix tomorrow!
« Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 12:15:12 PM by Macal »

August 15, 2009, 11:53:59 AM
Reply #1

Brother Hooligan

• Information
    • View Profile
fiiiinaly!!!

makes me happy cause you join the building! cant wait to see it in live!

B

August 15, 2009, 12:02:38 PM
Reply #2

Macal

• Information
    • View Profile
    • Macals World
Became a little frustrated about the batteries, made a fast chargin' :)

It's a little bit hard, and take a lot of time to convert the early turret to a late-like one...But it's a very interesting project :)

August 16, 2009, 08:34:44 AM
Reply #3

hummingbird

• Scratch Building Fanatics
  • Information
    • View Profile
WOOOWW... a tiger mecha... this is gonna be great.. ( i'm a big fan of the tiger).. can't wait to see it...  best of the best of luck to you bro...

August 16, 2009, 09:37:08 AM
Reply #4

FichtenFoo

• Michael Fichtenmayer
  • Information
  • Administrator
  • 16 bits of fun
    • View Profile
    • FichtenFoo.com
I like the design for the most part, but I think if the legs were backwards it might look better. Reverse the knee joint and make it a "chicken-walker" like the Star Wars AT-ST or the MaK Krote.

August 16, 2009, 09:42:47 AM
Reply #5

Macal

• Information
    • View Profile
    • Macals World
I like the design for the most part, but I think if the legs were backwards it might look better. Reverse the knee joint and make it a "chicken-walker" like the Star Wars AT-ST or the MaK Krote.

For the first, I won't glue the legs together, and see how it looks better :) Thanks for the comments! Any C&C are welcome!

So I made a new drawing, with reversed legs and added a manhole for the crew and ammo loading on the bottom:

(Real size:
http://img2.tar.hu/macal/img/38673133.jpg)
« Last Edit: August 16, 2009, 10:05:59 AM by Macal »

August 28, 2009, 07:33:58 AM
Reply #6

Macal

• Information
    • View Profile
    • Macals World
Hi All!

A little improving :)
My idea is that I want to display the walker under repair that's why I
started to make the hole interior. It will look like a tiger 1 under
repair, the turret removed, maybe the main gun too to see more from the inside.
I've read lots of references about the tiger tanks to make a very
authentic look model, seen lots of drawings and photos from the interior, but made some changes to get a more late look like model. Made some extra changes like the ventillator houses on the top of the turret, and a cmdr's hatch has 8 vision ports not just 7 like on the late tiger tanks, but mainly it will look like the tiger 1.
Soon (maybe tomorrow) I'll start the making of the hull, I'm a little bit
tired with the interiors small parts :)
I think about a little changes on the legs, I will add an extra part to it, to get a little more longer and complex look.

A little bit small part...but it had to be upgraded with a little stirol

:) :

« Last Edit: August 28, 2009, 07:48:23 AM by Macal »

August 31, 2009, 12:26:12 PM
Reply #7

Macal

• Information
    • View Profile
    • Macals World
Hoy!

Started the hull :) I was thinking about to change the rear part to put a slope in, but than i won't be able to build an autentic interior with engine and other parts. The hull gonna be very tall than...
So the upper part of the hull build after the real tiger 1 :) :

And added lots of details to the turret interior:

To see more from the inside after the turret is assembled, I decided to remove the main gun, so everyone can see what's inside :) A real repair theme diorama gonna be :)
« Last Edit: August 31, 2009, 12:28:22 PM by Macal »

September 02, 2009, 04:48:01 AM
Reply #8

Macal

• Information
    • View Profile
    • Macals World
Hello!

Made a new concept, didn't like the old legs. The newones looks more comfort, and looks that the vehicle can move more fine. Also finished the front view, wich'll help me a lot in the making of the legs. And added Mr. Size, just for size comparison :)

Real Size:
http://img2.tar.hu/macal/img/38830921.jpg
« Last Edit: September 02, 2009, 04:48:53 AM by Macal »

September 02, 2009, 06:03:43 AM
Reply #9

chaos_theory

• Is Boldy Going Nowhere
  • Information
  • Help Editors
  • I think he did a little too much LDS in the 60's
    • View Profile
I'm enjoying your progress on the interior details. I can't believe they are all scratchbuilt. I'm glad you will be able to see all of the turret interior when its done.
"Don't tell me. You're from outer space."
"No, I'm from Iowa. I only work in outer space."

September 04, 2009, 11:19:07 AM
Reply #10

Macal

• Information
    • View Profile
    • Macals World
Hello!

In the last few days I've finished the hull and started some part of the interior of the hull. I mean i've cut the hole for the escape hatch on the bottom of the hull, and started to make the ventillators at the back.
The hull is taller than the tiger 1s , thanx for the escape hatch and I need to make room for the lots of mechanics for the legs...

October 08, 2009, 11:32:02 PM
Reply #11

bayu

• Information
    • View Profile
Still waiting patiently for Ur update, actually tried to copy some internal details from Ur project but my minor skill kicked hard  :doh:

October 09, 2009, 12:31:53 AM
Reply #12

Macal

• Information
    • View Profile
    • Macals World
Thanx for the kind words :) Maybe today I can continue the project, but afternoon had to go to the doctor for a visit, my new job needs a few examination...
But tomorrow, club day, starts about 11-12 (noon), and will finish at 6 or 7 in the morning :P 8)

At the moment I'm in a little trouble with the legs, just can't make them in a way I like, so two versions landed in the trashcan :S Will try a few more methods to make cool looking hardcore stamper legs for this walkers :)
BTW, If I'll have no idea tomorrow on the legs, will start the crane-tiger, a big crane with a body of a tiger 1 tank with a few modifications. Of course full scratchbuild, only the trax gonna be dragon, or academy stuff. Oh, and the driver wheel... :)

My concept about the dio, is that the walker'll be under repair, the turret removed, the main gun removed so most of the turret interior could be seen, almost the full interior of the hull will be visible, with the motor, the fuel tanks and coolers, with lots of details, wires, arms, etc. Had to do a lots of things still, but I love to work on this model, I didn't regret that I joined this GB, this is one of my favorite models in the last few years :)

And good news, started to make a few "archive" pictures on this stuff, have a lots of ideas to make "Gimped" pix for this project to make more lifelike feelings for a viewer :)

Update soon  8)

October 11, 2009, 06:14:40 AM
Reply #13

Macal

• Information
    • View Profile
    • Macals World
Hi All!

Had a little more time last night on the club session. So Ladies & Gentlemans: The monster stands :) Rise and walk my precious  :evil:

The leg are almost done, only the hidraulics, the toes and all the details missing, and of course : filling and sanding.
Started the exhaust system, the fuel tanks, and the kugelblende for the MG in the front.
The posture of the armored chicken will be something like a gnom has, short movement with the legs, the posture  shows that this is a very heavy stuff, and realy massive...

« Last Edit: October 11, 2009, 06:15:43 AM by Macal »

October 11, 2009, 06:22:44 AM
Reply #14

FichtenFoo

• Michael Fichtenmayer
  • Information
  • Administrator
  • 16 bits of fun
    • View Profile
    • FichtenFoo.com
Looks good! Glad you switched the leg around.

October 11, 2009, 06:35:02 AM
Reply #15

Marc

• Information
  • FFF Staff
  • Le Moderator
    • View Profile
I really like it, like you said, it looks massive.
So, will it stay like on the first picture? I think it looks better than if the leg was fully extended, which would make it look too chicken-like (compared to the stocky body)  ^_^

October 11, 2009, 09:35:11 AM
Reply #16

Macal

• Information
    • View Profile
    • Macals World
I really like it, like you said, it looks massive.
So, will it stay like on the first picture? I think it looks better than if the leg was fully extended, which would make it look too chicken-like (compared to the stocky body)  ^_^

Thanx! :)

The legs'll be a little extended, cause i want to put a ladder in the escape hatch on the bottom, and add some details, and working crew members. Maybe I'll add some spare parts, like a truck with a spare leg, or something like that...

October 11, 2009, 11:15:49 AM
Reply #17

Brother Hooligan

• Information
    • View Profile
God job brother! Thats what the Iron God loves to see! Finaly it stands!! Now we are suffering in the Missing-parts dark valley, but the light is close!

B

February 18, 2010, 02:24:21 AM
Reply #18

Macal

• Information
    • View Profile
    • Macals World
Hi All!

Just a little bit improvement, and only in the interior section. Continued the building of the interior parts, like the transmission (It looks cool :-)), the engine (Still needs a little conversion) and some little thingies ...
BTW, these parts came from other kits, like Academy...

[imghttp://img2.tar.hu/macal/size2/72620477.jpg[/img]http://

Oh, and started an ARV, based on a dragon Porsche Tiger I variant. It'll carry a rounded turret like on the prototype mounted with a huge "A" frame crane, which'll hold the laufertigers turret or main gun on the diorama...It's really simple at this time, just started the project..First I was thinking about to make the ARV w/o turret with a simple "A" frame crane, that's why the wood board is on the turrets place...

February 18, 2010, 03:47:50 AM
Reply #19

Marc

• Information
  • FFF Staff
  • Le Moderator
    • View Profile
Wow, it's really massive!
Are you planning on adding more weapons that the main cannon?