Author Topic: 1/20 Pkf.85 Falke Antigravity Armored Raider  (Read 42154 times)

December 14, 2012, 12:06:13 AM
Reply #20

Hunter Rose

• Information
  • aka Grendel
    • View Profile
I like your leather, its looks good. I always like the faulke interior and think its a shame it gets covered up. Looking forward to more paint mate!  :-)
'Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!' ~ Black Dynamite

December 14, 2012, 06:15:34 AM
Reply #21

Jiloo

• Information
  • | keep-disco-evil |
    • View Profile
Thanks Hunter.

I forget to mention.
I first wanted to paint dark metal parts with Gunze MC214 Dark Iron.
I don't know if it's my paint but this is unusable. It cloged two my airbrushes and I realy thinned it well. I never use those paints before, but this one is crap.
Thats why I decided to mix Gaia with trusty Gunze SM.

December 29, 2012, 06:39:00 AM
Reply #22

Lin.K

• Information
  • Reporter At Large
    • View Profile
    • Scale120
Looking good!

Yes, the tool in the book is .5mm brass tube in a pin vise.

Please check out "The Weathering Magazine" for articles on Ma.K models. I think #3 has a Falke knit too!!

Cheers,
Linc
Please check out my new online Gallery and Progress Reports!

Scale120

January 13, 2013, 06:27:35 AM
Reply #23

Jiloo

• Information
  • | keep-disco-evil |
    • View Profile
Thanks Lin.K for the tip on brass tube.
I've seen your work with mr. silicone barrier on TWM – looks amazing. Too bad it's so hard to get it outside Japan.

A little (very little) progress on my model. Somehow, I do not have the heart to figure painting. It's probably fear that I'll not achieve what I wanted. So instead of doing this I'm looking for other things to do...

I added a wash and dry brush on the headrest.

I put decals on the dashboard. Need to paint some details..

Fixed side walls. Will get it a little bit dirty later.

I've painted helmet with base colors and put a decal..

I make a weld on the flap.

Thanks for looking.

January 13, 2013, 08:07:06 AM
Reply #24

Lin.K

• Information
  • Reporter At Large
    • View Profile
    • Scale120
Nice work, good details.

Silicone barrier - is it on the no ship list?

TWM. First time I have seen it in acronym form, I didn't know it at first! Thanks man!!
Please check out my new online Gallery and Progress Reports!

Scale120

January 13, 2013, 08:57:54 AM
Reply #25

Jiloo

• Information
  • | keep-disco-evil |
    • View Profile
Nice work, good details.
Thank you. Still learning :D

Silicone barrier - is it on the no ship list?
I coudn't find it anywhere. Shops do not want to ship liquids from Japan, including paints (info from HLJ).
I have found it in LuckyModel, but it's been a month since I've ordered it and still no shipping – so assuming they do not have it.

TWM. First time I have seen it in acronym form, I didn't know it at first! Thanks man!!
Sorry for confusing You, didn't meant to.
Thanks to You man, you can learn a lot looking at your works.

January 14, 2013, 02:05:07 AM
Reply #26

Hunter Rose

• Information
  • aka Grendel
    • View Profile
'Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!' ~ Black Dynamite

January 19, 2013, 02:48:35 PM
Reply #27

PeVl

looking very good, nice details

February 10, 2013, 01:18:53 PM
Reply #28

Jiloo

• Information
  • | keep-disco-evil |
    • View Profile
Thank you guys, always comforting :D

I can say the interior is finished. Will put this inside, close the body and start working with actual ship with pleasure.

This is how it looks without figure.
Put some silver enamel with a sponge on a seat to give it more worn look.
And add some dirt with AK products on the floor. Just for practice, because it won't be visible at all.

This is with side walls.

And this is with pilot figure. I know I'm far from good figure painting. But it will be barely visible so I decided to move forward on this stage.

Dashboard with clocks, some side switches and hatch lid – will work on lid some more later.

-EDIT-
Made some pictures after installing the stuff inside the ship.

As always, thanks for looking and comments.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 01:48:08 PM by Jiloo »

February 10, 2013, 03:26:41 PM
Reply #29

Hunter Rose

• Information
  • aka Grendel
    • View Profile
Looking seriously nice mate, the interior looks cool and i love the colour scheme for your pilot.

Looking forward to more  :-)

February 11, 2013, 03:18:00 AM
Reply #30

Will Vale

• Information
    • View Profile
Just gorgeous. I think your trademark neatness combines really well with the restrained wear & tear. It's also nice that (apart from the floor) a little bit of everything is visible even with the pilot in place.

The one thing I'm a bit unsure about is the helmet and visor colours, plus the shape, make think of an egg :) I like the colours, but now I've seen it I can't un-see it. Do you think a white decal or similar on the upper part of the visor would be a good addition to connect the two parts a bit more? Or some wires or something?

Will

February 11, 2013, 07:51:01 AM
Reply #31

Jiloo

• Information
  • | keep-disco-evil |
    • View Profile
Thank you gentleman. I'm realy happy you like it.

The one thing I'm a bit unsure about is the helmet and visor colours, plus the shape, make think of an egg :) I like the colours, but now I've seen it I can't un-see it. Do you think a white decal or similar on the upper part of the visor would be a good addition to connect the two parts a bit more? Or some wires or something?
You mean egg white and egg yolk? Didn't think of it before you mention :D
I was thinking about some filter and wash on a helmet, because it's almost clean now.
Not realy sure what you mean by white decal – can you specify? Wires may be a good idea. Will look at the internet for some insiration.
Thanks for your opinion :)

February 18, 2013, 04:09:21 PM
Reply #32

Jiloo

• Information
  • | keep-disco-evil |
    • View Profile
Painted engine parts with Alclad Burnt Iron, and a gatling gun with Gaia Gunmetal.

Now that I have engine painted I can close the vessel body.

It's time for more glue, putty and sanding. Then I can start painting the body.

FichtenFoo gives me some tips on paint chipping so I'll run some test on a side and than decide what technique to use.
Thanks for watching.

February 19, 2013, 12:24:31 AM
Reply #33

Hunter Rose

• Information
  • aka Grendel
    • View Profile
Nice to see it coming together mate!  :-)

The more I see of this the more I want to get one at any cost!

February 19, 2013, 05:48:01 AM
Reply #34

Jiloo

• Information
  • | keep-disco-evil |
    • View Profile
It is a love from the first sight here too. Love the organic shape of the ships body.

February 20, 2013, 02:18:40 AM
Reply #35

Jiloo

• Information
  • | keep-disco-evil |
    • View Profile
Started working with the doby now. I will have to sand down those patches in front and back. There were sprue connetions there. I will reproduce them frpm styrene sheets.

I decided to try a melted sprue putty method. I have seen this on Hunter Rose Ma.K Polar Bear and Krote Dio WIP thread.

Prepared some sprue scrap.

Put them in a small jar and added some Gunze cement.

Wait for it to melt down and applied with a toothpick.

I think I didn't melt it enough – it was kinda hard during application. WIll try more next time.

Thanks for looking.

February 20, 2013, 02:30:57 AM
Reply #36

Will Vale

• Information
    • View Profile
Interesting idea with the putty - should be great to sand because it's the same as the surface. Does it eat the plastic though?

I agree about the appealing shape, it's curvy and butch at the same time. Like Red Sonja :)

Will

February 20, 2013, 02:41:25 AM
Reply #37

Sharkdog

• Premium Blend.
  • Information
  • 4 8 15 16 23 42
    • View Profile
It's probably a ratio thing where maybe you didn't add enough cement. I imagine you can also quickly go the other way though, and add too much.

Nice progress though :D

February 20, 2013, 02:57:51 AM
Reply #38

Jiloo

• Information
  • | keep-disco-evil |
    • View Profile
Interesting idea with the putty - should be great to sand because it's the same as the surface. Does it eat the plastic though?
The sanding was a reson for me to do the test. Will see how it sand soon.
It doesn't eat much plastic, but I did a test and use this melted sprue as a glue and it worked :)

It's probably a ratio thing where maybe you didn't add enough cement. I imagine you can also quickly go the other way though, and add too much.

Nice progress though :D
Thanks!
I was worry about adding to much. So I thought - less will be better. Will try other ratios soon.

February 25, 2013, 04:08:27 AM
Reply #39

Jiloo

• Information
  • | keep-disco-evil |
    • View Profile
Spend my weekend on tests mostly.
I had problems with masking a AK fluid layer. Michael Fichtenmayer sell me some of his tricks (Thanks Foo!) so I decided to try them.
This time I'm very happy with the masking test. I used Tamiya milimeter paper. It's not as good as tape, but it is suprisingly flexible. The hairspray wet it a little bit but exept that it was fine. I like it.
Every pait layer was proceded by a hairspray layer. I don't like the result. Top layer was chipped very easly and it was hard to reach the bottom one. Next time I will use only one hairspray layer and put the camo on.

In the meantime I was working a little on a vessel. It should be ready for some paint soon.

As usualy, thanks for looking and comments.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 09:48:46 AM by Jiloo »