Author Topic: Dust Models "Gunther"  (Read 2281 times)

July 01, 2011, 08:00:46 AM
Read 2281 times

Iain

• Information
  • Reporter At Large
    • View Profile
Well, this is my first sci-project so please be gentle!
This is Palo Parente's Dust Models "Gunther". I was drawn in because of the borrowed design aspects of Panzers & 222. That and the thing is just mean looking!
The rivet details is all added with evergreen, grab handles in floral wire, head lights have been "borrowed" from a Panther G.
It will need to be re-primed, other than that, I believe it is ready for the FUN part!

Any feedback before the paint starts flying would be great!

July 01, 2011, 08:39:07 AM
Reply #1

FichtenFoo

• Michael Fichtenmayer
  • Information
  • Administrator
  • 16 bits of fun
    • View Profile
    • FichtenFoo.com
So far so good! What are your plans for coloring?

July 02, 2011, 05:43:37 PM
Reply #2

Tinman

• Information
    • View Profile
Looks great!  Could you tell me how the rivets were accomplished with Evergreen plastic?

July 04, 2011, 04:37:14 AM
Reply #3

Iain

• Information
  • Reporter At Large
    • View Profile
 The rivets were made by using 3 different size punches with rounded heads. A suitable thickness of evergreen is place over a rubber matt and then the punching begins.
 Also, I primed the bottome sode of the evergreen, this will help you to distinguish what side of each rivet you are looking at when you end up with a large pile of them to work with.
 So, for Camo I was thinking of "borrowing" the late war luftwaffe colors and patterns from FW-190-D9 & TA-152 aircraft. I will use rottbraun, brown violet, & green.
 I like this idea but I am not 100% sold.......any other ideeas?

July 05, 2011, 07:44:47 AM
Reply #4

Tinman

• Information
    • View Profile
Can you post a pic of the punches, I'm always looking for better ways to make rivets, especially in styrene?