Author Topic: Speed Racer Mach 5  (Read 2692 times)

September 16, 2008, 09:35:45 AM
Read 2692 times

Siwrx

• Information
    • View Profile
Hi Guys

Here's a little work I made to begin slowly after my holidays, to change from mecha. The kit is from polar lights, I was seduced by the neoretro design from the car, honnestly I never seen the movie or the original manga. I'm a little bit disappointed, just a few minutes before taking this pictures I teared one of the "5" decal on the sides with a piece of masking tape, sad but I don't want to spend longer time on it, that's why you see only the same side on all pictures  :lol: (maybe later I would try to apply custom decals)

comments are welcome !
« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 09:36:55 AM by Siwrx »

September 24, 2008, 12:07:06 PM
Reply #1

Adeon000

• Information
  • I'm Ron Burgandy?
    • View Profile
Thats a nice little piece of work, I'm not a car modeller myself but i always like seeing them built :)

Its not the cleanest of builds but i really like how its finished, it gives the car a great retro look almost like its a toy from the original era, if that makes sense  :D

I like it and those big decals on the hood and back must have been a real pain to apply!

September 26, 2008, 02:30:52 PM
Reply #2

Siwrx

• Information
    • View Profile
thanks ! In fact the big "M" on the hood is not a decal but is .. painted, because I destruct the original decal as I tried to apply it ! I use microset and microsol decal softener and applyer but in too generous quantity so the decal teared in multiple pieces, my only solution was to paint it so I print a model and I used masking tape. On the back it's oly a panel line.