Author Topic: Group Build Suggestions  (Read 43620 times)

Mrex-sgundam

• Man of Mystery
    • View Profile
    • Operation Lifesaver
Group Build Suggestions
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2006, 05:30:37 PM »
Quote from: "GunDom"
 Maybe some of the more experienced modelers in this forum can really show their stuff by creating something new based on their intrepretation.  I can see a Qubeley Mass production and Sturm Dias for the easier ones.  Or Jagd Doga using a Kampfer as a base.  Or why not even go to extremes and use the internals of the Nu and Sazabi to create the bigger ZZ suits?  Freedom to be used as a Double X?  And there are tons more to name...  but if this idea becomes a GB someday, it's best what others can come up with to make it more interesting.  I say, I think we should start tacking non-existent suits instead of waiting for Bandai or Core-Works, or even G-sys to come up with it.  And for the less experience ones, if something like this does happen, don't take it as a slap in the face.  It's not for the experienced modelers to show off.  It's more of tackling an idea and creating it as an inspiration to others.  I hope I said it in a proper way without harming anyone's feelings.

Anyway, the Junk-bot is a cool concept.

Hmm I would love this maybe after were done completing the kits we cold cast one or two and pass it on to a fellow member and we could build kits other members have made.  Or we give it to the winner?
My fellow Americans, I have not been entirely truthful with you. I did gagoogidy that girl. I gashmoygadied her gaflavity with my googus. And I am sorry.-Quagmire

ZZ Gundam

• View Profile
Group Build Suggestions
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2006, 05:36:21 PM »
I like the Junk-bots one also a Zeta and ZZ era Gb would be cool
on't Change Sig Until MK.II is Done

Tazman3

• View Profile
    • http://www.huffdojo.com
Group Build Suggestions
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2006, 06:13:31 PM »
I would like to suggest, and I think it has been said before, to keep a good balance, to one group build Gundam, and then do a non-Gundam.  

So I think the spaceship build, or the junk-bot idea is great.  

You guys all have such great ideas, nothing we do will be "bad".  :lol:

There's my .02

:taz:
Xbox 360 handle:  PortnoyFan 
Come join the fun!

Peter Hon

• View Profile
    • http://www.peterhon.com
Group Build Suggestions
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2006, 08:36:56 PM »
Hmmm, maybe combine the Junkbots build with the "as long as its not gundam!"  idea?

You can call it:

"As long as its not Gundam:  Anything goes!"

That way, we don't get alot of the same kit (i.e. MG  Kampfer/HGUC Hazel) and people can work on other types of models.  Armored core, Patlabor, Tekkaman (if you can find one) or make your own?  

Off topic:  Picked up the Armored Core Gaea kit the other day.  Oh, so very nice looking....   :shifty:

Anchang

• Mohawk-Bot
  • Keep away from children
    • View Profile
Group Build Suggestions
« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2006, 08:41:46 PM »
We could always do a non-mecha contest.  Like Autos Motorcycles or figure stuff.  No minitures but actual figure models.  But thats just my idea
Also Known as Havok
Colbert      2008

zerobxu

• mit Sauerkraut!
  • D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
    • View Profile
    • Zero: Dumber Than Fiction
Group Build Suggestions
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2006, 08:57:20 PM »
I've gotta say...  I like the Junk Bots idea the most of what I've heard--especially after looking at that site referenced above. Amazing stuff. In fact, I just spent a three hour drive trying to walk through different junk bot ideas in my head (while dodging deer and slower traffic). Even if that doesn't become a group build, it sounds like a fun idea to try sometime soon down the road.
"The parrot is the bird that talks the most and flies the worst."
-The Wright Brothers

Orath

• View Profile
    • http://www.orath.com
Group Build Suggestions
« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2006, 09:35:55 PM »
sorry if i am late posting ideas.
i like the junk-bot idea very much it open a whole new imagination level.
i got 2 ideas i would like to post:
a) super robots: like Getter, mazinger,etc. there is  so few kits out there for super robots so it might get intresting in the scratch build department.
b) Original designs: your own original mecha. no variations allowed. you might use a kit skeleton (like the MG strike skeleton) as a base (or using joints from kits,since they are hardest) but the mecha design must still be your original design in your universe.

what do you think guys?

p.tor

• View Profile
    • http://www.pierpaoletor.net
Group Build Suggestions
« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2006, 12:38:35 PM »
we can try to make a kitbash contest...something that do not exist in any meka series, or something obtained mixing some different models.  :wink:

ciao p.tor   :wink:

jubjub64

• View Profile
Group Build Suggestions
« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2006, 01:47:27 PM »
I'm liking the junk-bot idea alot!  Reminds me of "Transformers:  The Movie".
My other car is a 90-foot robot.

Lingwendil

• View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/lingwendil/
Group Build Suggestions
« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2006, 03:43:00 PM »
Scratch biult or junk bots sound like a cool idea. Although a Nemo group build...
Pain fades, chicks dig scars, and glory is forever.

Artic Fox

• View Profile
Group Build Suggestions
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2006, 05:04:23 PM »
how bout a GM/Junk Bot build? Your only allowed to use a basic GM, and you customize it according to what pieces are handy.

DarkNight

• View Profile
Group Build Suggestions
« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2006, 09:55:58 PM »
How abut doing a car kit GB? Make your favorite car or scrathbuild a completely new design... just a suggestion.

FichtenFoo

• Model On!
  • Administrator
  • 16 bits of fun
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fichtenfoo.com
Group Build Suggestions
« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2006, 10:12:08 PM »
Quote from: "DarkNight"
How abut doing a car kit GB? Make your favorite car or scrathbuild a completely new design... just a suggestion.

Not gonna happen. I in particular am not a big model car fan. Even the best done kits look like die-cast toys to me. :wink: Yes, I'm aware of the irony of that statement. Building robots and all. :roll: Although, with junk-bots you could make a custom car from junk.

Nemo GB... no. Too ugly a design IMO.

"As long as its not Gundam: Anything goes!"... seems too broad. We do that anyway. It'd need to be confined a bit more to "mecha" or "military".

Super robots sounds interesting. I had thought a while ago that a convert an existing kit into a super-robot version would be cool. Make it over the top and garrish.

GM build... maybe later... maybe. ;-) GM's are fun to do variants of.

Basically, get Gundam out of your heads for the next one. Too common and there's so many more interesting things that could be done with junk-bots or no-gundam.

Another idea I think would be cool would be making mecha from outdated technology. Something like the following: http://www.boren.org/james/imagawa/2001.html

Steam-powered, coal furnace, hamster-on-a-wheel, bicycle pedal-powered, etc... I've been toying with a coal-powered idea for a while now.
Rust is beautiful.

Artic Fox

• View Profile
Group Build Suggestions
« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2006, 10:16:09 PM »
That's a good one too, the out-dated tech mecha, I have lots of old busted electronics,and wires. I love being a packrat

DarkNight

• View Profile
Group Build Suggestions
« Reply #34 on: January 15, 2006, 11:25:03 AM »
that medieval robot was too cool, bet you could scratch that from pop sickle sticks and glue lol. Hmm.. that gives me an idear.

Waverider

• View Profile
Group Build Suggestions
« Reply #35 on: January 15, 2006, 04:52:12 PM »
The idea of junk bot is cool, not only it promotes creativity but is environmental friendly as well. Well I am sure we have many unfinished/failed kits that we don't wish to take a second look and it might, just might be a good time to give them a second lease of life.

This build will be primed with potential!

Major Blah

• Bloody Canadian
  • oink!
    • View Profile
    • SquintyEyes
Group Build Suggestions
« Reply #36 on: January 15, 2006, 05:53:06 PM »
Quote from: "FichtenFoo"
Steam-powered, coal furnace, hamster-on-a-wheel, bicycle pedal-powered, etc... I've been toying with a coal-powered idea for a while now.

Steamboy?!  :lol:

I think this idea is awesome btw.

Beckylaw

• View Profile
Group Build Suggestions
« Reply #37 on: January 15, 2006, 10:01:39 PM »
Good idea. Looking forward.

WhiteBase

• View Profile
Group Build Suggestions
« Reply #38 on: January 16, 2006, 06:48:04 AM »
I like the steam engine idea very much!

Scarylion

• View Profile
    • http://www.scarylion.org
Group Build Suggestions
« Reply #39 on: January 16, 2006, 06:57:30 AM »
Star wars?
size=9]In one episode of The Fresh Prince of Bel Air, Chuck Norris replaced Carlton for one scene and nobody noticed.[/size]