Author Topic: Group Build Suggestions  (Read 43619 times)

Ezechiel

• Le Moderator
    • View Profile
Group Build Suggestions
« Reply #140 on: February 07, 2007, 06:40:09 PM »
Yes, he most certainly does. As you said, it's his forum.
(>:3) JESUS CHRIST IT'S A LION GET IN THE CAR!

FichtenFoo

• Model On!
  • Administrator
  • 16 bits of fun
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fichtenfoo.com
Group Build Suggestions
« Reply #141 on: February 07, 2007, 06:52:09 PM »
I do mind... especially from a new member who's just learning. Sit back, chill out, and learn some stuff before taking this stuff on.
Rust is beautiful.

angel_ad

• Blink, and you'll miss it.
    • View Profile
Group Build Suggestions
« Reply #142 on: February 07, 2007, 08:13:06 PM »
Sorry

FichtenFoo

• Model On!
  • Administrator
  • 16 bits of fun
    • View Profile
Group Build Suggestions
« Reply #143 on: February 07, 2007, 08:15:24 PM »
Sigh... don't introduce yourself in this thread. It's NOT what it's for. Seriously... sit back and shut up for a while.
Rust is beautiful.

angel_ad

• View Profile
Group Build Suggestions
« Reply #144 on: February 08, 2007, 09:21:55 PM »
Please don't ban me for this but I had an idea for you for a possible future group build. "Robots/Mecha from movies". What do you think? You could stock build or improve with a few mods or combine and create your own ultimate movie mecha. Movies I can think of so far are:

Terminator
Judge Dredd
Robocop
War of The Worlds
Starwars?
Short Circuit (Jonny Five!)
Aliens
and Transformers will be out soon

any body know any others to throw up?

zerobxu

• mit Sauerkraut!
  • D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
    • View Profile
    • Zero: Dumber Than Fiction
Group Build Suggestions
« Reply #145 on: February 08, 2007, 09:47:06 PM »
You left out Robot Jox, Saturn 3, Batteries Not Included, and MST3K The Movie.

Listen... Your eagerness to contribute ideas to a Group Build is readily apparent. Just because an idea isn't deemed appropriate or necessary to make a full-blown Group Build out of doesn't mean you can't ever build it. If you want to do the cargo loader from "Aliens", then do it. If you feel like scratch-building ED-209, then by all means have at it. That's the beauty of the hobby--and places like this that encourage you to expand your skills.
"The parrot is the bird that talks the most and flies the worst."
-The Wright Brothers

angel_ad

• View Profile
Group Build Suggestions
« Reply #146 on: February 09, 2007, 04:00:39 PM »
Hey, don't get me wrong the forums for ideas, so I thought I'd throw down an idea if I had one. I'm just trying to interact and meet people from the forum, if I'm still here I'll post pics of anything I do. As for the Movie mecha idea I do have the ABC war robot from Judge Dredd, But I never finished it. So that could be the one for the job.

Ciao

BM2

• John Fields
  • "Sometimes you just have to be stupid"Joe Strummer
    • View Profile
Group Build Suggestions
« Reply #147 on: February 09, 2007, 04:32:20 PM »
I'm gonna speak up here - Angel Ad- this is not a public forum it's FichtenFoo so I'm gonna give you a real good piece of advice my Dad stole from John Wayne - God gave you 2 ears and 1 mouth for a good reason - listen twice as much as speaking and you will learn - I am not saying that your'e not welcome to input but pay attention to what the Mods are tellin' ya - especially FOO. It's kinda his board so -house rules. I'm far from perfect and I have got the "smack" in the chops more than once. These guys are some of the best model builders in the world -BAR NONE! so take the time to read and learn- I've built for a long time and thses guys have helped increase my skills a lot.
-sorry Foo, I couldn't stand it anymore
The dude abides!

FichtenFoo

• Model On!
  • Administrator
  • 16 bits of fun
    • View Profile
Group Build Suggestions
« Reply #148 on: February 09, 2007, 04:57:41 PM »
Quote from: "BM2"
I'm gonna speak up here - Angel Ad- this is not a public forum it's FichtenFoo so I'm gonna give you a real good piece of advice my Dad stole from John Wayne - God gave you 2 ears and 1 mouth for a good reason - listen twice as much as speaking and you will learn - I am not saying that your'e not welcome to input but pay attention to what the Mods are tellin' ya - especially FOO. It's kinda his board so -house rules. I'm far from perfect and I have got the "smack" in the chops more than once. These guys are some of the best model builders in the world -BAR NONE! so take the time to read and learn- I've built for a long time and thses guys have helped increase my skills a lot.
-sorry Foo, I couldn't stand it anymore

Well said. I swear it's been like talking to a brick. :roll:
Rust is beautiful.

oteebzo

• View Profile
Group Build Suggestions
« Reply #149 on: February 09, 2007, 07:38:14 PM »
Well I guess I will give an idea that I had awhile back for a group build. Seeing that GB 4 is set and I have time to practice my skills alittle before trying this.

I was thinking of modding a mecha after your favorite comic book super hero.

I think this would be fun and very creative too.
I had planned on doing something like this any way. I wanted to get alittle better so in case this ever did become a GB I would be ready .If I didn't build before then. :lol:

nico

• View Profile
Re: Group Build Suggestions
« Reply #150 on: October 10, 2007, 01:15:01 AM »
I follow Z Luca's Scratch build thread and I saw some of you like to draw and are intersting in mech design.
So why not organizing a drawing contest ?

Cmdr Harabec

• View Profile
« Reply #151 on: October 16, 2007, 04:08:28 PM »
This might have been suggested already (though I didn't see it in the thread, I might have overlooked it) but maybe something like the "Next Generation" Gundam Weapons?

That is, things from Sentinel, ZZ, CCA, and later (Crossbone, F91, V...)

There are a decent bit of kits for a build like that, and a lot of small scale 1/100ths that could be remodeled. F90, Silhouette F91, that sort.

FichtenFoo

• Model On!
  • Administrator
  • 16 bits of fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: October 16, 2007, 05:54:28 PM »
This might have been suggested already (though I didn't see it in the thread, I might have overlooked it) but maybe something like the "Next Generation" Gundam Weapons?

There are a decent bit of kits for a build like that, and a lot of small scale 1/100ths that could be remodeled. F90, Silhouette F91, that sort.

Can you explain this a little better? Sounds interesting. You mean like MG-ifying old kits?
Rust is beautiful.

CaptainPlastic

« Reply #153 on: October 17, 2007, 12:40:40 AM »
Removed.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2007, 12:56:14 AM by CaptainPlastic »

Cmdr Harabec

• View Profile
« Reply #154 on: October 17, 2007, 01:07:04 PM »

Can you explain this a little better? Sounds interesting. You mean like MG-ifying old kits?

No, not just that. The main idea is expansion on the latter part of the UC universe. MG-ifying old kits is something that could be very common in it, because there are so many non-MG-late-UC kits to be converted over to look really nice, but wouldn't just be limited to that.