Author Topic: Beargguy San Custom  (Read 6069 times)

blackito

• Paragon of Justice
  • Bonta-Kun Hates You !!!
    • View Profile
Beargguy San Custom
« on: May 17, 2015, 01:27:24 PM »
My latest project: Beargguy San. Since it is not for me we can consider it my first commission. The person to whom the kit will go to wanted it to be all pink. I was not thrilled by the choice of color ar first but turns out it was really fun to figure out.

Let's start with the feet. I used the panel wash technique with tamiya white enamel paint to fill in the grooves.

Here the feet are further more assembled. I used Mr.Color Fluorescent Pink for the feet and a custom mix of my own for the ankle guard. The inner frame was painted with the same tamiya purple I used for the base.

Here are the legs complete! I really like how that fluorescent pink brings out the kit.

The base completed. As you can see here, there are 4 small round points. I placed neodymium magnets that will line up with the ones under Beargguy's feet to ensure a sturdy standing pose.

Behold the almighty yet cuddly Beargguy San!

It does not show up much here but I also used white enamel for the panel lines.

I just like this photo. I don't know why but, I like it!

Close up of the chest. I used white enamel here as well but I went easy with the application process as I did not want it to spill on to the other areas.

Close up of one of the hands. Used enamel black for the panel line and a custom pink for the palms. I basically added white paint until it was lighter than the other pink shades.

The kit with the backpack ribbon.

The ribbon was actually a challenge since my friend did not want me to alter or change the color of the ribbon in anyway. It is made of a shiny pink plastic and I had no clue how to close the seam lines without using putty nor sanding. In the end I used thin cement and lightly sanded over them. The 50/50 tamiya future floor acrylic mix I use as my top coat did a good job at hiding the sanded areas.

Final pose!

My friend was very happy with how it turned out. It was a very fun project and I am thinking that my next work will also be a beargguy custom but one will be meaner :D.
Thank you for watching and as always comments are suggestions are always welcome!
この世界を守りたい

Hunter Rose

• aka Grendel
    • View Profile
Re: Beargguy San Custom
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2015, 11:17:42 PM »
Cool, that is one funky colour scheme thats very nicely done blackito! Not surprised your friend liked it, and I like the sound of a meaner looking one!  :-)
'Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!' ~ Black Dynamite

blackito

• Paragon of Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2015, 02:12:05 PM »
As always thanks for the kind words Hunter. I will start the wip of the next one soon. Just need to gather some materials first.
この世界を守りたい

Sticky Fingers

• Frankensteiner
  • Stickier than thou
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2015, 05:55:04 AM »
The white wash really does it for me. Very nice and clean build. :-)
"Hang on a minute, lads, I've got a great idea!"

Sharkdog

• Premium Blend.
  • 4 8 15 16 23 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2015, 07:09:14 AM »
That's a pretty cute giant robot you've got there.

Like Sticky said, the white panel line washes actually look really good!

I initially thought you'd done a nice candy coating on the ribbon, until I read that it's pretty much just future, good job!
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 07:10:17 AM by Sharkdog »

blackito

• Paragon of Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2015, 10:59:42 AM »
Thanks for the nice comments everyone! I am especially proud of how the white wash bring out the pink.
@sharkdog yeah I was too afraid of sanding the ribbon would affect the final appearance but turns out light sanding can be covered with future so I learned something.
この世界を守りたい