Author Topic: Vinyl kit builds  (Read 2416 times)

Will Vale

• View Profile
Vinyl kit builds
« on: December 11, 2013, 02:00:33 PM »
Hi folks,

I picked up a couple of vinyl figure kits from my local model shop - they have a small pile of boxes which has been there for the ten-odd years I've been coming in and they finally marked them down 50%. I bought a MIB Halcyon Judge Anderson earlier in the year and I was looking for something to build prior to that to get my feet wet.

So I've ended up with two Elfin kits - one of Iria, which I have since found out is a vinyl recast of a resin/vinyl kit by Takayuki Takeya, and one of Sara - a chainmail-wearing barbarian lady with a small dragon. I can't find out if this is a recast or not (I read that Elfin did some original work as well as recasts.)

So... I intend to build Iria - I don't think buying ancient shelf stock is going to do anything for the recasters, I don't like to throw things away, and I do support GK makers with my wallet - see Halcyon and my many IMech purchases. I know that people feel very strongly about this entire subject, so if I built Iria here (as a Fremen, I think) would that upset folk?

Likewise Sara if she turns out to be a recast as well.

Cheers,

Will

Hunter Rose

• aka Grendel
    • View Profile
Re: Vinyl kit builds
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2013, 11:52:48 PM »
Personally I wouldn't worry about it Will, its ancient stock like you said so its not helping out elfin, and its put some cash to your local hobby shop.

Dont see vinyl builds around here too often so I'd be interested to see it, especially as I'm a big fan of Dune!
'Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!' ~ Black Dynamite