Author Topic: 1/100 RGM-79 Ground Unit Dio with APC and Troops  (Read 3398 times)

Hunter Rose

• aka Grendel
    • View Profile
1/100 RGM-79 Ground Unit Dio with APC and Troops
« on: July 24, 2013, 08:15:44 AM »
Photobucket zapped all my photos, photos of all my builds can now be found on flickr here: - https://www.flickr.com/photos/149967113@N08/albums

And this is a link to my latest sci-fi sculpture build - http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234996371-16-spacebase-2000-inspired-astronaut-sculpt/&page=1

My latest dio is complete! So glad to see this one finished, and I'm really happy with the results, I feel like it turned out better than I originally hoped.

Its my first time with a gundam model in a diorama and I chose the GM as I really like the design of it, I gave it my own custom camo, and added a scratch built generator back pack to power the large beam sniper which I modified to beef it up a bit!
The troops are 15mm Soviet Infantry Summer Uniform from the Plastic Soldier Company painted to look like Earth Federation troops plus one dead zeon guy I did green, APC is a 15mm Kabardin from Antenocitis Workshop.

Went a bit photo crazy with this one, so here they all are  :-)

Link to the WIP : - http://fichtenfoo.net/forum/index.php?topic=6839.0

All comments and questions welcome and as usual all the advise/encouragement/comments in the WIP were the fuel for this build so a big thanks to you guys  :-)
« Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 12:12:56 AM by Hunter Rose »
'Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!' ~ Black Dynamite

Jiloo

• | keep-disco-evil |
    • View Profile
Re: 1/100 RGM-79 Ground Unit Dio with APC and Troops
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2013, 09:35:58 AM »
It's nice to see it's all as a whole. And this is looking great.
I like chopped off MS hand and a sabre handle. Give the filling of a scale.

Hunter Rose

• aka Grendel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2013, 04:55:54 AM »
Thanks Jiloo! Appreciate the compliment  :-)
'Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!' ~ Black Dynamite

Sharkdog

• Premium Blend.
  • 4 8 15 16 23 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2013, 07:18:24 AM »
Awesome stuff man, love the soldiers hiding behind the beam sabre :P

Hunter Rose

• aka Grendel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2013, 09:28:13 AM »
Thanks Shark! Thats one of my favourite details too :-)

Dave Diaz

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2013, 02:31:38 PM »
Hunter,

Wonderful job! You certainly achieved a very dynamic scene. I know the last thing you may want to do is add anything, but I have been thinking it would be fun to add an enemy soldier cowering on the third floor against the wall where the GM is leaning against. This will give the dio a fun element when viewed from behind.

Anyways... I love the end result.

dave

Hunter Rose

• aka Grendel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2013, 06:26:29 AM »
Cheers Dave!

I did initially have a few thoughts on that about putting a sniper on the building and such, but i didn't only because i thought i would have people saying 'yeah but how did he get up there??'

But i might do that at some point, maybe add a ladder!

Will Vale

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2013, 05:49:23 PM »
So great to see this finished, I don't think enough people combine Gundams and troops in-scale, which is a shame because like this it's fantastic to see just how giant the giant robos are :)

Apart from the pose and muted colours, I really like the top of the building where the intact floor has blotchy weathering, and the broken sloping floor has streaks. Cool stuff.

Will

Hunter Rose

• aka Grendel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2013, 11:07:14 PM »
Thanks Will!  :-)

And yeah I totally agree about not enough people combining scale troops in gundam builds, when I was looking around for inspiration early on I only found a few builds like it, and I think it makes the mechs look even more impressive when you can show the scale fully.

Another cool thing happened too, the guys from Antenocitis Workshop liked how I'd painted up their 15mm Kabardin so much that they posted my final build pics and links to it on their facebook page which was nice https://www.facebook.com/pages/Antenocitis-Workshop/153539898016993?fref=ts

Jiloo

• | keep-disco-evil |
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2013, 02:42:07 AM »
Congrats for the FB post too! :D

Sharkdog

• Premium Blend.
  • 4 8 15 16 23 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2013, 06:53:47 AM »
Always good to see some recognition for stuff outside of just this forum :)

Hunter Rose

• aka Grendel
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2013, 10:05:00 AM »
Thanks guys yeah it was a really nice surprise when they contacted me

Hunter Rose

• aka Grendel
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2018, 12:13:14 AM »
Photobucket zapped all my photos, photos of all my builds can now be found on flickr here: - https://www.flickr.com/photos/149967113@N08/albums

And this is a link to my latest sci-fi sculpture build - http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234996371-16-spacebase-2000-inspired-astronaut-sculpt/&page=1