I started this kit thinking it would be a piece of cake since it had only two runners but things quickly changed for me.
First off I realized that I would have trouble keeping the pincers attached to the hub with just cement so I had to find a way to secure each blade to the cone. I ended up cutting off small rods from steel paper clips and drilled holes into the cone and pincer blades using my pin vice. After inserting each piece I applied a dab of thin cement and fixed it in place.
Now for the two arms I had more trouble since the kit originally comes with a clunky hexagonal joint that seemed to pry apart the fuselage halves each time I rotated the arms. I cut an old poly cap joint into two and made them into a holder of sorts for the central rod. The rod was made from the stalk of a cotton ear bud and then wrapped with electrical tape to give it some more width. I then sawed off the original joint on each arm and inserted the exposed ends of the rod into them. So far it seems to holding the weight of the arm pretty good.
Most of the parts on this kit are comprised of two halves so I had some time spent on sanding and removing seam lines. I used thin cement to fuse the halves and then puttied the edges and sanded them down.
No primer was used. I just thinned out my acrylic paints and handbrushed them on and applied a second coat after 24 hours of curing.
Burnt Sienna- main body (hand brushed)
Cinnamon - arms (spray can)
Ochre - body (hand brushed)
Flat grey - underside and nose (hand brushed)
Ultra marine - display stand (hand brushed)
Flat coat on main body (spray can)