Author Topic: HGUC Bawoo Unit 02 "Scarlett Tinkerbell"  (Read 1909 times)

April 01, 2012, 02:50:58 PM
Read 1909 times

Vulcan

• Progressing
  • Information
  • Seriously Slow
    • View Profile
    • Vulcan Gunpla
This is the model I entered into the Vanpla OOTB competition.

The colour scheme came from me re-watching Gundam ZZ and remembering that the Bawoo eventually becomes mass produced in a black and grey colour scheme.
And knowing that the first unit constructed belonged to Glemmy Toto, I designated this one as the unit 02. The idea is that this guy was assigned one of Glemmy's ace pilots when he rebelled against Haman Karn.
The name Scarlett Tinkerbell was something the other Vanpla members came up with because of my lack of creativity when it comes to names.
The decals are from 3 different sets that I bought from Samuel Decals and if you can't read Chinese, they mean "Flying Dragon".

Tons of stressing on this guy as my airbrush broke midway through painting after I cleaned it from clogging.
Bunch of disasters like sputtering paint, decals dissolving, panel lines being filled, and paint peeling away. 
Despite all the suffering, I've learned a lot from this kit, and I feel satisfied that it came out decently.

April 01, 2012, 06:04:08 PM
Reply #1

DrDazzle

• back to formula?
  • Information
    • View Profile
Cool to see this kit done, as it doesn't seem very popular. It looks nice, but I think with a better setup we could see more detail!

April 09, 2012, 06:38:49 PM
Reply #2

nacho-wan

• Information
    • View Profile
From here this looks very good. The chinnese detail is very stylish. I like your colors, although I would have switched the shoulder colors to give a more dynamic look.
Does the wing missiles are included in the kit? If not where did you got them?