Author Topic: Custom Takara Tomy DOTM 1/35 Scale Bumblebee Dual Model Kit  (Read 1679 times)

February 15, 2012, 12:15:26 AM
Read 1679 times

Grail

• Unlicensed Nuclear Accelerator
  • Information
    • View Profile
    • Site Link
Originally an entry for the MAC forums 2012 Mech Contest, but It didnít really fit in a category being that it will be slightly altered in many areas, so It will be a new custom build for the forums. Depending on interest,this piece may be up for sale when I am done.  
I will be between this, my day job,and many other project in the next while so I hope I can keep you entertained with this wip and post regularly.  
:unsure:  :D
Thanks for looking! Any questions or comments are welcome.

TONS of seam lines. Clean em up time.

Priming.

Seam lines gone. Adding black for metals.

« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 09:41:12 PM by Grail »
Throw it Hard

May 17, 2012, 12:55:23 AM
Reply #1

Sharkdog

• Premium Blend.
  • Information
  • 4 8 15 16 23 42
    • View Profile
I built one of these before I started traveling for a few months (just out of the box, though I'd like to go back and properly paint it sometime). Going to be interesting to see what you'll do with it.

What I noticed, aside from the massive amount of seamlines, is that the parts that make up the skeletal frame are also incredibly brittle, is that something you're experiencing?

July 05, 2012, 10:13:23 PM
Reply #2

Grail

• Unlicensed Nuclear Accelerator
  • Information
    • View Profile
    • Site Link
Yes. Lots of seams, slightly brittle. A lot of koto kits are worse though, and I don't mind building those either.
I don't find it that brittle though. I only get it posed up and lock it down there though.
Throw it Hard