Author Topic: "New" Evangelion Kits?  (Read 5242 times)

January 02, 2012, 01:57:56 AM
Read 5242 times

DrDazzle

• back to formula?
  • Information
    • View Profile
I was on Hobby Search looking around, and I saw these. They're obviously newly manufactured for the film remakes. The kits have new weapons and feature new color schemes and some slight changes to some designs, and a heftier price tag (50 bucks for unit 02?). The thing is though, it looks to me like these are no different than the LMHG kits they put out, just with some new parts. I noticed the arms seem to be made in exactly the same way, which is a bummer. Can anyone confirm if these are any different than the old kits, or if they're just re-releases with some new gimmicks?

January 02, 2012, 04:45:10 AM
Reply #1

fulcy

• Genius is never understood in its own time
  • Information
    • View Profile
    • http://www.mechaskunk.com

January 02, 2012, 11:47:20 AM
Reply #2

DrDazzle

• back to formula?
  • Information
    • View Profile
Link?

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10114203

The completed kits don't look much different outside of color schemes, and the runners don't seem any different to me.

July 07, 2012, 06:25:49 AM
Reply #3

xHIMx

• Information
    • View Profile
I was on Hobby Search looking around, and I saw these. They're obviously newly manufactured for the film remakes. The kits have new weapons and feature new color schemes and some slight changes to some designs, and a heftier price tag (50 bucks for unit 02?). The thing is though, it looks to me like these are no different than the LMHG kits they put out, just with some new parts. I noticed the arms seem to be made in exactly the same way, which is a bummer. Can anyone confirm if these are any different than the old kits, or if they're just re-releases with some new gimmicks?

They're actually new, EVA Unit 02 has a bit of a different head, 2 little horns are added to the forhead and EVA Unit 01 just has a new color scheme (same as remake) theyre worth it if you're a huge fan other than that no :P IIRC theres also an "Awakening" Ver. of EVA Unit 01