Author Topic: how to make a stencil?  (Read 2802 times)

November 13, 2011, 03:08:20 PM
Read 2802 times

Rawr_Bot

• Information
    • View Profile
I'm about to start painting my MG GN-X kit and I wanted to do this elephant print from the Jordan III shoes (http://www.fashionaddictdirect.com/images/products/nike-air-jordan-elephant-print-cargo-shorts_1046175.jpg) on the 4 boosters that go diagonally away from the body. Anyone know how I'd go about doing that? Also is there a way to change the clear purple parts to a different color? Thanks.

November 15, 2011, 01:23:15 AM
Reply #1

unibx

• Information
    • View Profile
The easiest way I could see would be to print the pattern as a large decal and apply it to the part. The method I have used in the past is to frisket film, it take a lot more preparation but it is easier to pull off and allows for a fully custom pattern, just be careful when cutting the film. Custom decal kits are cheap and I would imagine would take less time, but I can't vouch for there quality.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 11:54:37 PM by unibx »

November 15, 2011, 05:07:33 PM
Reply #2

Rawr_Bot

• Information
    • View Profile
I'll take a look at that. Thanks.

July 05, 2012, 09:51:45 PM
Reply #3

Grail

• Unlicensed Nuclear Accelerator
  • Information
    • View Profile
    • Site Link
Use a "plotter". If you don't buy one ( they aren't always cheap ) you can get stencils done for you at certain places. It's basically the same as cutting it yourself except it can get crazy accurate and tiny due to the machine.

I would probably just use Samuel Decal and get custom ones made if it doesn't need to be painted.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 09:53:55 PM by Grail »
Throw it Hard