Author Topic: MG Strike Noir Raven ver H.Bird  (Read 3309 times)

July 06, 2011, 11:06:31 AM
Read 3309 times

hummingbird

• Scratch Building Fanatics
  • Information
    • View Profile
Hey you guys... I am so so happy to be posting this .. :P... my first ever serious and carefully finished kit... I love every bit of this kit... from tip to toe, from colour to mods... Hope you guys can share my love for this one with me ...

The only thing I am so pissed about is that the decals ( the sticker ones) popped up after flat coating and everything.. it just won't stick.. well it sticks.. but not that much ...grr .. I am so pissed at myself for not noticing them earlier on ... and for other doo-doos such as some paint chips here and there due to bad handling... and STILL, finger prints, only small one this time though ...... sigh ( i know.. i am so hard on myself... I have to )

This is the Third major work of the hummingbird and took me 4 months to finish this baby... and finally it is finished... so without further ado, I  present to you, my masterpiece, The STRIKE NOIR RAVEN

lets start with my most favourite pose --

with Scratch built beam shield .. ( i know, the paintings on that shield sucks big time.. waaahh T_T )

The other arm's beam shield activated ... showing you guys the different configuration of the Beam shield

Strike freedom/Freedom wanna be LOL

Love this pose very much

some more poses

And body shot ..

Hope you guys like it ... comment and critique are more then welcome ... just be gentle... LOL .. thanks
Stay Tuned for more

July 06, 2011, 01:51:17 PM
Reply #1

crazedpanda

• Information
    • View Profile
It could be the lighting, but it just seems too dark. Perhaps a lighter gray would have made it stand out a bit more. I feel like a lot of details get lost with the color scheme.

July 09, 2011, 12:00:23 AM
Reply #2

Grail

• Unlicensed Nuclear Accelerator
  • Information
    • View Profile
    • Site Link
I like the colors but it is pretty dark.I think a lot of that is due to your lighting. Try to snap your pics without shooting in to the light. eg. light over shoulder and subject in the view finder.

Also,if you are losing detail due to a dark color,you can always go back and do a dull white/grey panel line step so that you can bring up some of the details. Good part is,you just add to the piece instead of having to go back and redo things if you are unhappy with it.
Seems like a nice smooth paint too. Great work.
Throw it Hard

July 11, 2011, 07:13:09 AM
Reply #3

Kane82

• Information
    • View Profile
    • Korewa Gundam!
Yeah, I like it a lot but the colors aren't photo-friendly, which happens.  My GP02 custom didn't really photograph too well, but its still one of my favorite works.  As long as you're happy with the result, which it seems like you are, then that's what's important.

I agree with Grail though, perhaps a lighter lining would be a nice touch.

What did you use for the beam shield?
Building Gundam Kits since 1995