Author Topic: Paint Shortages?  (Read 3682 times)

June 27, 2011, 06:47:01 PM
Read 3682 times

Kane82

• Information
    • View Profile
    • Korewa Gundam!
Due to the tragic events in Japan, is there a world-wide shortage of Japanese brand paints?

Its not that I don't understand the situation, but I've noticed that just about every store has been sold out of Tamiya and now Mr. Hobby lines, and I thought I would check and see if anyone knows anything specific about the shortages. 

I hate Testors.  Lol.
Building Gundam Kits since 1995

June 28, 2011, 04:35:51 AM
Reply #1

Stratos

• Information
    • View Profile
Due to the tragic events in Japan, is there a world-wide shortage of Japanese brand paints?

Its not that I don't understand the situation, but I've noticed that just about every store has been sold out of Tamiya and now Mr. Hobby lines, and I thought I would check and see if anyone knows anything specific about the shortages. 

I hate Testors.  Lol.

I dunno the answer to your question. However, have you tried Monster Kolor paints? http://monsterkolor.ning.com/

June 28, 2011, 05:44:53 AM
Reply #2

Sharkdog

• Premium Blend.
  • Information
  • 4 8 15 16 23 42
    • View Profile
Doesn't look like they're running low on stock here, and I'm in Japan right now :)

June 28, 2011, 03:51:56 PM
Reply #3

Kylew

• Information
    • View Profile
    • Plamo UK
Maybe it's just the shipping out of them or something? If you're having a hard time getting them though you should check out my Plamo Colour paints, they're a lot cheaper per ml than other modelling paints and are very high quality.

www.plamo.co.uk :)

July 24, 2011, 12:45:50 PM
Reply #4

psecody

• Information
    • View Profile
Sorry this is kind of late but the other day while I was looking for some tamiya primer (don't have an airbrush where I live for school) and couldn't find any though they had other tamiya paints. A LHS manager told me that it was because california wanted them to start putting the "this could cause cancer" warning on all their paint and since it all comes to the US through california they had to take all their shipments and put a sticker on them saying that before they could send them. I don't know how much truth there is to that but I kinda feel like it's a little silly.

July 24, 2011, 04:31:20 PM
Reply #5

Kane82

• Information
    • View Profile
    • Korewa Gundam!
You're not late, this situation is, as you've pointed out, still going on.   It looks like September is the new target restock date.   I'm sort of stuck for the moment.  I tried Kyle's Plamo UK paints, which are great, but I live in an apartment and I'm not set up for the fumes of Lacquer paints, so I guess I'll have to wait it out.   :(
Building Gundam Kits since 1995