Author Topic: metal thruster for Gelgoog  (Read 2570 times)

ivanotas

• New Poster
    • View Profile
metal thruster for Gelgoog
« on: June 21, 2011, 06:51:59 PM »
Hi all,

Just would like to check.. How do u guys make purchase on metal thrusters? and anyone can help me with metal thruster on MG gelgoog.
I couldnt figure out the size to use.

Pardon me if my question sound absurd.

Thanks in advance

Kane82

• View Profile
    • Korewa Gundam!
Re: metal thruster for Gelgoog
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2011, 06:44:48 PM »
Its not absurd at all!  Most part places seem to leave out the scale and just tell you the measurement of the bell itself, so its easy to be a little lost.

Depending on how you want to go, I find most "Medium" sizes work good for a MG, "Small" works good for 1/144th and Large are for 1/72 or 1/60.

However, I tend to like my Thrusters exaggerated a bit, so I usually use "Large" for most Gundam Type backpacks, but stick with Medium for GM/Zeon Mass Production Suits. 

I've been picking mine up from HLJ - here - http://www.hlj.com/scripts/hljlist?rel=nav&GenreCode=Sci&MacroType=OptKit&Scale=NonScale

Mechaskunk used to be my go-to guy for most metal detail parts, but he's really only selling bulk orders at this point I think. 

In terms of Brands, I like G Temple or HI-Q parts.

I hope that helps, send me a PM if you need more help!
Building Gundam Kits since 1995

ivanotas

• New Poster
    • View Profile
Re: metal thruster for Gelgoog
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2011, 05:39:28 AM »
Thanks alot.
It really helpful with the tips and pointers given.

Its not absurd at all!  Most part places seem to leave out the scale and just tell you the measurement of the bell itself, so its easy to be a little lost.

Depending on how you want to go, I find most "Medium" sizes work good for a MG, "Small" works good for 1/144th and Large are for 1/72 or 1/60.

However, I tend to like my Thrusters exaggerated a bit, so I usually use "Large" for most Gundam Type backpacks, but stick with Medium for GM/Zeon Mass Production Suits. 

I've been picking mine up from HLJ - here - http://www.hlj.com/scripts/hljlist?rel=nav&GenreCode=Sci&MacroType=OptKit&Scale=NonScale

Mechaskunk used to be my go-to guy for most metal detail parts, but he's really only selling bulk orders at this point I think. 

In terms of Brands, I like G Temple or HI-Q parts.

I hope that helps, send me a PM if you need more help!