Author Topic: Destroid Tomahawk 1:72  (Read 6529 times)

July 15, 2011, 04:06:29 AM
Reply #20

braxat2000

• Information
    • View Profile
Don't worry, I posted the question to get feedback, not praise without thinking :).

What you said is exactly what I think. I got a bit lazy and didn't change the figure pose.
I glued everything, so I don't want to mess with cutting the figure now, but maybe I can add something else?

One idea I can think of is to add another figure, maybe talking to the pilot and pointing forward, so that it makes more sense why he looks there?

I thought at first to add some ammo on the bottom floor, but it will require some work.
This is because the cart in the lower deck is a bit bland, and I added it to fill space..

Anyways, I'm happy you wrote your message, and I'll be happy to hear more ideas, preferably on adding stuff to the base.

Eyal.

July 15, 2011, 11:48:34 AM
Reply #21

Grail

• Unlicensed Nuclear Accelerator
  • Information
    • View Profile
    • Site Link
and I'll be happy to hear more ideas, preferably on adding stuff to the base.
Awesome work. I love this paint scheme more each time. I don't mind the guy. I just assume he finished a mission like the end of the first star wars   :number1
I think if I had to add something to the base and not re invent the wheel doing so,it could be grounded a little more. Maybe add some Macross-ish raised detail and/or a panel line or 2? Maybe towards the corners and lighter sparse detail or lines near the edge? Nothing to steal thunder from the Tomahawk,just really basic squares and lines like these examples.
I like the last pic style of detail for a universe like this base.
http://www.xl-shop.com/xlshop/product_images/YAMATO/YAMA-MacrossSDF_06.jpg
http://anymoon.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/DX-Mac-Quarter-12A.jpg
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_0aGGYTJxkYs/S8xWvt5cHhI/AAAAAAAAAPs/877HXI1iRdo/s1600/sdf-1-macross.jpg
Just to add a little weight to the whole package and make it feel all from the same universe.
Looks awesome as is too. Especially the Hawk.

« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 11:52:31 AM by Grail »
Throw it Hard

July 15, 2011, 09:38:26 PM
Reply #22

Dinoc

• Information
    • View Profile
    • LAND SEA AIR & SPACE
Very nice! I agree with the comments written above and I would like to add that you could add some pipes from the base to the mecha ( ...refuelling? ) just to mix the things and better integrate the vehicle with the groud.

I love the paint work and the figure, bravo!
LAND SEA AIR & SPACE
http://lsa-space.blogspot.com/

July 19, 2011, 10:14:24 AM
Reply #23

braxat2000

• Information
    • View Profile
Hi,
Thank you very much. I'm still looking for some refuelling lines, they will break the square base very well I think..

Here are some new additions.
Eyal.

July 19, 2011, 10:42:43 AM
Reply #24

Grail

• Unlicensed Nuclear Accelerator
  • Information
    • View Profile
    • Site Link
Nice!
I feel like it's more weighted already. Really it only maters what you like,but I think this was a great choice,especially the little tanks.
Maybe just a little dust around the Hawks feet and the bases of the tanks,wheels etc,, To give a sort of shadow,or link to the ground,just a tweak or 2 like that I would think would make it done.
Really awesome work.  8)
Throw it Hard

August 04, 2011, 05:30:26 PM
Reply #25

PetarB

• Information
    • View Profile
WOW! Really like the colour scheme, in fact it's very similar to one I completed a few weeks ago, looks like you got there first though. Great minds think alike!  :razz:

I should post mine here too.

Really like your base. Nice work.

August 12, 2011, 06:46:34 PM
Reply #26

FichtenFoo

• Michael Fichtenmayer
  • Information
  • Administrator
  • 16 bits of fun
    • View Profile
    • FichtenFoo.com
Great work Eyal! Weathering is looking good and I dig the colors. Is the weathering done or will you be adding some vertical streaking and such?

September 14, 2011, 11:01:35 AM
Reply #27

braxat2000

• Information
    • View Profile
Hi,
Thanks!
I put it aside for some time to work on my epic armageddon 6mm miniatures, but I think it is done.
I tried to fiddle with couple of more stuff to put with, but everything I try to add just doesn't looks right, so I'll call it a done model.
FF I didn't add more weathering, I think that for now I'll put it aside for good ;)..
Eyal.