Author Topic: 1/72 RGM-79SP3 GM Sniper III by G-System  (Read 2388 times)

November 27, 2010, 09:20:01 PM
Read 2388 times

mvm3897

• Polish Wan-A-Be Modeler!
  • Information
  • Reporter At Large
    • View Profile
    • www.mrozekphoto.com
This is one of 3 kits I have been working on over the holiday.  My whole family has the stomach flu  :sick: so we had to cancel or Thanksgiving Plans which was fine for me because it meant I could get some modeling in which I have not been really able to do since I started my new job.

So I got this guy all cleaned up and pinned pretty quickly.  I would say in about 20 hours or so, not including a 24 hour soak in Purple power.  Next step is to fix the unsightly seems down the back of the calves then the first round of primer.  I might add some metal beads here and there but not sure yet.  I did carve out the molded thrusters in the fee and I will be replacing those with metal ones as well as the thrusters on the back pack. 

For color scheme I think I might revisit my Kyshatiya and do a 2 toned army green or I was thinking on a 2 toned gray with metallic bits here and there.  Not really sure.  I usually don't know my color schemes until I look at the paints I have and see what strikes me.

Any way here are a few pics of the majority of the pieces together.  There is some possibility but not enough to do anything really cool without some modification.

Thanks for watching and if I get a break from puking  :sick: I will get another update shortly.
SNIFFING RESIN DUST IS FUN!!!!!!

November 27, 2010, 10:10:34 PM
Reply #1

Asmodeous

• Information
    • View Profile
I've always loved this design.  Can't wait to see what you do with it.

November 29, 2010, 06:52:00 AM
Reply #2

Kane82

• Information
    • View Profile
    • Korewa Gundam!
I really was tempted to pick this guy up.  What do you think of the kit so far?  Does the sniper visor raise or is it fixed in that position?
Building Gundam Kits since 1995

November 29, 2010, 09:51:56 AM
Reply #3

mvm3897

• Information
  • Reporter At Large
    • View Profile
    • www.mrozekphoto.com
I really was tempted to pick this guy up.  What do you think of the kit so far?  Does the sniper visor raise or is it fixed in that position?

It's a nice kit.  Very little clean up.  My only complaint are the seems down the calves.  There are only like 120 parts so there will be a little more masking since the parts are not broken down a whole lot.

The visor is moveable.

November 29, 2010, 10:34:13 AM
Reply #4

Steel-Mark

• Information
    • View Profile
Great! This one is very interesting :)

November 30, 2010, 11:53:37 AM
Reply #5

nico

• Information
    • View Profile
I like this one very much. THe design is based upon Studio Reckless one. Nice piece.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2010, 11:17:43 AM by nico »

December 01, 2010, 10:32:26 AM
Reply #6

Marc

• Information
  • Le Moderator
    • View Profile
Great design, this should be interesting!

December 01, 2010, 06:33:13 PM
Reply #7

Kane82

• Information
    • View Profile
    • Korewa Gundam!
Awesome!  I'm glad the visor is movable, that's good news.  Do you have a color scheme yet?  I'm not sure how I feel about the whole thing being green, but its also not the worst thing I've ever seen. 
Building Gundam Kits since 1995

December 01, 2010, 07:48:34 PM
Reply #8

tmajor

• Information
    • View Profile
    • tmgd
Looking good.

I like the design of this kit but the "cod piece" looks a little out of proportion. Is perhaps the sculptor compensating for something :)

December 03, 2010, 01:40:44 AM
Reply #9

Grail

• Unlicensed Nuclear Accelerator
  • Information
    • View Profile
    • Site Link
the "cod piece" looks a little out of proportion.
U should mod it to hold his lunch. Like a sweet pb and J in there or something  :lol:  :razz:

Cool kit. Mvm!Sorry to hear about the sick. I like the idea of a 2 tone green AND gray, yeah..? Maybe a yellow stripe in there somewhere like MT's grey stripe on the zabi?
Good luck. Can't wait to see what you do with it.
Cheers.
Throw it Hard

December 03, 2010, 06:09:24 AM
Reply #10

mvm3897

• Information
  • Reporter At Large
    • View Profile
    • www.mrozekphoto.com
the "cod piece" looks a little out of proportion.
U should mod it to hold his lunch. Like a sweet pb and J in there or something  :lol:  :razz:

Cool kit. Mvm!Sorry to hear about the sick. I like the idea of a 2 tone green AND gray, yeah..? Maybe a yellow stripe in there somewhere like MT's grey stripe on the zabi?
Good luck. Can't wait to see what you do with it.
Cheers.

I am leaning towards the grey scheme and I like the idea of a touch of yellow in there some where.  I think that the direction I will be going.  I hope to get some work done on it this weekend.  I havn't touched it since I took those pics.  Still standing on my work bench waiting to for some love.