Author Topic: BergeLuther Completed  (Read 2593 times)

February 15, 2010, 10:51:52 AM
Read 2593 times

FichtenFoo

• Michael Fichtenmayer
  • Information
  • Administrator
  • 16 bits of fun
    • View Profile
    • FichtenFoo.com

February 15, 2010, 05:11:14 PM
Reply #1

clee-cm

• Tilluminati.com
  • Information
  • nobody said it was going to be easy...
    • View Profile
    • digitalblend-cl
Great job on this diorama Mike, I like that way you painted the rust on the car and the Bergeluther. But on the photo the background image does look a little to blurry for my taste. Still it does not take away from the great job that you did on the Models and the base.

Keep up the great work!!!  :-)
Order custom printed t-shirts at tilluminati.

February 15, 2010, 06:35:27 PM
Reply #2

mvm3897

• Polish Wan-A-Be Modeler!
  • Information
  • Reporter At Large
    • View Profile
    • www.mrozekphoto.com
Holly crap that turned out nice.  :twitch:   I think my favorite part is the rusted out car.  I saw that kit on the MIG site and thought it looked really cool.  Love the chains on the back and the barrel looks so realistic.  The pistons look very nice being all shinny compared to the rest.
SNIFFING RESIN DUST IS FUN!!!!!!

February 16, 2010, 06:39:27 AM
Reply #3

Marc

• Information
  • Le Moderator
    • View Profile
It looks great, and very realistic!
Did you think of adding some trash falling out of the bucket? It could've added a bit of dynamism to the scene (not that it is lacking any). Though maybe the BL was merely pushing the car into the crater?
Love the concrete pipe, great detail.
The photoshoped picture is really cool too.

February 16, 2010, 06:45:37 AM
Reply #4

mvm3897

• Polish Wan-A-Be Modeler!
  • Information
  • Reporter At Large
    • View Profile
    • www.mrozekphoto.com
I meant to ask this in my previous reply.  Is this a piloted /driven machine or is it remote?  I can't tell if there is a cockpit or seat.
SNIFFING RESIN DUST IS FUN!!!!!!

February 16, 2010, 07:34:05 AM
Reply #5

Maschinen Krueger

• Information
  • Ma.K Off!
    • View Profile
    • Krueger's Krieger
Wonderful work Mike. I may be the only one on the planet that doesn't like the BL, but that doesn't distract from the outstanding job I see you did on the model, display and composition. The finish looks spot on for construction equipment and the debris look great. Details catch my eye everywhere. Love the bucket, the oily steel look is a challenge sometimes. Love the whole thing. My only comment would be the sides of the base. They should be darker as I first thought they were a retaining wall.
I wonder about the guy that can sit through a David Lynch movie and say, "I saw that coming."

Krueger's Krieger

February 16, 2010, 11:18:20 PM
Reply #6

ZLuca

• I can't remember..
  • Information
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kallamity.com
Oh my God! It's so REAL!!
Rubble is done perfectly and has a great sense of "fallen stuff", I love also the extras you added on the luther like the tank and chains on the back!
Painting is very realistic and i like very much the ground!
I think we'll see it on some books soon!! :lol: :lol:
:yeah:

z

February 17, 2010, 06:07:07 AM
Reply #7

donc0023

• donc0023
  • Information
  • ver DC23
    • View Profile
    • DC23-mech arts
Agree with everyone! inspiring work as always master Foo! ^_^

February 19, 2010, 12:29:15 AM
Reply #8

Grail

• Unlicensed Nuclear Accelerator
  • Information
    • View Profile
    • Site Link
 :twitch: Not even my favorite kit but it's so real looking that I 180 and totally like it now.
Awesome attention to the little things. Love the fridge with the busted ice box and the chains etc too. Really great work man, raising the bar with every model you complete.

Small questions. Where did you get the brass tubing for the piping, and more importantly how do you bend it ? I love doing the    "piping " look but I always have to use 22 guage wire or solder or something so I can bend it.
Again, just a jaw dropping project man. really nice.
Throw it Hard

February 19, 2010, 06:38:12 AM
Reply #9

FichtenFoo

• Michael Fichtenmayer
  • Information
  • Administrator
  • 16 bits of fun
    • View Profile
    • FichtenFoo.com
Thanks everyone! I got an email yesterday with a great offer to purchase this so it'll no longer be in my collection, but I'm very pleased with who wants it and know it'll have a great home.

I meant to ask this in my previous reply.  Is this a piloted /driven machine or is it remote?  I can't tell if there is a cockpit or seat.
Piloted. There's a hatch on top.

Small questions. Where did you get the brass tubing for the piping, and more importantly how do you bend it ? I love doing the    "piping " look but I always have to use 22 guage wire or solder or something so I can bend it.
Again, just a jaw dropping project man. really nice.

I got the brass tube and rod from my LHS. You can also order bags of "odds and ends" K&S rod and tube from online hobby stores like hobbylinc.com. You get a big bag of random tube pieces either big or small (your choice). I got bags of both and love the assortment. The small parts are usually no longer than 1-3" and the larger tube assortment has parts ranging from 2-4" in length. I used the larger tubes for my scopedog bazooka for example.

February 19, 2010, 01:41:39 PM
Reply #10

Grail

• Unlicensed Nuclear Accelerator
  • Information
    • View Profile
    • Site Link
Dude, I didn't know where to find that type rod/piping and it's so hard to find at local shops. http://hobbylinc.com/ is a new find I didn't know about either. Thanks for the info! Sounds like exactly what I was looking for.
I keep going back to your wip and seeing new stuff. Just awesome choices. Kick Ass again man.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2010, 02:03:59 PM by Grail »
Throw it Hard

February 23, 2010, 03:16:55 PM
Reply #11

joewhite

• Information
    • View Profile
Wow! Great work, man! I really dig the rust (especially on the shovel and joints) and the broken concrete and rebar! I love the car's weathering but I was waiting for you to chrome (and weather) the trim. Maybe even have some pieces bent and hanging off the body. With everything else looking so real this would have completed the whole look. Either way, your work is so awesome, as always, especially the paint....thanks for showing us your tricks!!!

Joe