Author Topic: Airbrush, Airbrushing, and Compressor Questions  (Read 147355 times)

November 07, 2006, 10:10:37 PM
Reply #120

Vinny

• Information
    • View Profile
Thanks for the tips, FF.  I cleaned some of the bottle heads I use (since it's a sypon fed) and I left them in a cup of laquer thinner a few das ago after reading your post.  I've been bogged down by tests and work, and just realzied I had them still in the cup.  When I went out, they thinner had totally evaporated and the bottom of the cup was a big glob of paint!  Guess they weren't as clean as I thought.  So, now I have them soaking again just to make sure, along with my airbrush again just to make sure.  
Also, can anyone recommend a good lubricant I can use on my airbrush that I can find at local stores?

November 09, 2006, 06:43:12 AM
Reply #121

fox_60289

• Information
    • View Profile
ebay item

MOD EDIT:  link url too long, please use tags properly next time

Just curious if this would be OK to use? It's rather cheap it appears .....

Do you think the quality of the product is up to par?

Thanks

-fox-

November 13, 2006, 05:28:57 AM
Reply #122

prime-idiot

• Information
    • View Profile
Hi peeps,

adjustment of the needle, should it be fully exposed from the spray nozle or do you need to adjust it, and if so when would you do that, for what purpose?

also adjusting the throw on the trigger at what point do you need less paint to air coming out is it a paint/thinner mix thing?
here's this bit of plastic come fro...OOPS!

November 13, 2006, 09:15:39 AM
Reply #123

pu_rplecow

• Information
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thiscowispurple.com/
just put the needle in all the way. If not you'll have the paint coming out when you press the trigger for the air. Second question isn't so clear.. do you mean the little screw knob at the end to ristrict how far back you can pull the trigger?

Edit: The further you pull back the trigger -> more paint  comes out -> the further you have to hold the airbrush from the piece being sprayed -> the bigger the area that can be sprayed.
www.thiscowispurple.com
I'm trying to decrease my talk : model ratio.
Less talk more model!

November 13, 2006, 03:29:17 PM
Reply #124

prime-idiot

• Information
    • View Profile
Yes I meant the adjuster, but in cases where you are blending colours with lighter washes would you need to have less paint coming out if it were say thinner?
here's this bit of plastic come fro...OOPS!

November 19, 2006, 11:25:39 AM
Reply #125

bender222

• Information
    • View Profile
I have an Iwata HP-C. It tends to Stop the paint flow after about 5 seconds of continouis spray regardless of the position of he lever. I thought that  the paint was to thick but i even tried 50% alcahol with tamiya mix and it still happens. it works fine for 5 seconds and is consistant then it just locks up till i release and pull the lever back again. Any suggestions on how to stop this?

November 20, 2006, 12:50:16 PM
Reply #126

thor777

• Information
    • View Profile
While I was cleaning my airbush (Iwata Revolution CR) yesterday I realized that it was missing a part. It's pretty new and I've never taken it apart before. The missing part is the needle packing screw. Does anyone know if that's an important part cuz it works fine ever since I bought it.....

November 25, 2006, 09:46:28 PM
Reply #127

oteebzo

• Information
    • View Profile
I have an Iwata hp-bcs siphon feed dual action AB. I started having this problem tonight I never had before. First it started spiting all the time , so I took it apart and cleaned it and it still did it. So I took it apart again and cleaned it , then when I put it back together and press for the air , paint comes out now. It is dual action so paint should not come out till lever is pulled back but when I press lever paint comes out . Have any of you had this problem?

November 25, 2006, 09:58:29 PM
Reply #128

FichtenFoo

• Michael Fichtenmayer
  • Information
  • Administrator
  • 16 bits of fun
    • View Profile
    • FichtenFoo.com
Check the needle. If the needle is not fully forward then paint will come out with the air.

November 25, 2006, 11:16:57 PM
Reply #129

mrmaigo

• Information
    • View Profile
Quote from: "fox_60289"
ebay item

MOD EDIT:  link url too long, please use tags properly next time

Just curious if this would be OK to use? It's rather cheap it appears .....

Do you think the quality of the product is up to par?

Thanks

-fox-

I just got that Powercat combo. It works alright, the compressor is a bit weak, overall its alright. Something to learn on *shrugs*

November 26, 2006, 08:34:42 AM
Reply #130

oteebzo

• Information
    • View Profile
Quote from: "FichtenFoo"
Check the needle. If the needle is not fully forward then paint will come out with the air.

I checked the needle like 5 times.I thought that too but it still does it. I'm thinking the teflon bearing might be bad.  :mad:  It sucks because this one of my newer AB and it died when I was at a clients house . Dumb me didn 't bring a back up thinking this one was fine. Lesson learned always bring 2 or 3.

November 29, 2006, 12:22:02 AM
Reply #131

Vinny

• Information
    • View Profile
Can anyone recommend a good lubricant for an airbrush that I can get at a local store like Wal Mart or the like?
Also, do I just lubricate the needle, or other parts?

November 29, 2006, 06:24:58 AM
Reply #132

oteebzo

• Information
    • View Profile
After some messing with my AB for awhile I found out it was the nozzle(under a magnifine glass) so I ordered a new one and should have it back up and running in acouple days.

December 01, 2006, 12:17:22 AM
Reply #133

D:Fuse

• Information
    • View Profile
Ok,

My airbrush is getting old, and rusty, well not literally. I used Atlantis .3mm airbrush for my painting needs. I noticed that the airbrush is kind of worn out over the years. So I was thinking of getting 2 new airbrush. So does anyone have any experience with these shooters, and are they long lasting?

http://www.iwata-medea.com/products/airbrush/kustom/kch_info.jsp
http://www.iwata-medea.com/products/airbrush/performance/hpbc_info.jsp

December 01, 2006, 12:38:01 AM
Reply #134

braxat2000

• Information
    • View Profile
Hi D:Fuse:

I am using Iwata Eclipse HCL-4500, with gravitational feed, and am very happy with it. I can recommend this airbrush for general use.

December 01, 2006, 08:13:35 AM
Reply #135

oteebzo

• Information
    • View Profile
Any Iwata you buy will be a great choice. IMO Iwata makes the best AB out very easy to use and warrenty is great . Every thing on an Iwata can be changed by the customer himself , no sending out to get fixed.

December 03, 2006, 04:08:35 AM
Reply #136

thegreatsze

• Information
    • View Profile
Hi all,

Whenever I see in-progress shots of a kit, they usually go along the lines of:

"Here is the kit after priming, and before paint."

http://bp0.blogger.com/_gp9mArO4Z1c/RXJ44i7eJ4I/AAAAAAAAAC0/3Kbe9DRWtKs/s400/Ravenwip3.JPG

"Here is the kit after painting."

http://bp1.blogger.com/_gp9mArO4Z1c/RXJ7hy7eJ5I/AAAAAAAAAC8/dsSz8oCz9Ds/s400/Raven5.JPG

"Thanks for viewing!"

I am curious: what exactly happens between Picture 1 and Picture 2? I've been told it's just "masking masking and more masking" ... but is that really the case? Is the kit not taken apart again and painted in sub-assemblies? Or are the male and female parts completely separated? Or is it really true that the kit is painted as is, with tons and tons of masking tape being used up in the process?

If anyone has in-progress in-progress shots of actual painting being carried out on a primed kit, I would be very grateful.

Thanks in advance!

MOD EDIT: DO NOT HOTLINK IMAGES THAT ARE NOT HOSTED BY YOU.

December 03, 2006, 04:16:40 AM
Reply #137

mrmaigo

• Information
    • View Profile
You take the kit appart as much as you can. Most if not all MG's armor pop off, If you want perfect edges on the armor you're gona have to mod it so it all slips off in one peace

I'm spraying a kit now, if you want I'll start a wip for you

December 03, 2006, 06:55:17 AM
Reply #138

thegreatsze

• Information
    • View Profile
haha yes please. i'll be watching the in-progress index like a hawk ...

:)

December 03, 2006, 07:12:54 AM
Reply #139

mrmaigo

• Information
    • View Profile
Its fairly OOB, nothing fancy like that damn Sazabi  :oops: