Author Topic: oops. zakuII 2.0 hand help  (Read 1471 times)

Sian

• View Profile
oops. zakuII 2.0 hand help
« on: August 30, 2009, 12:39:06 AM »
I don't know whether the silver paint made it brittle, or if I just dumbassed it, but I broke off all three of the tabs that go between the fingers in to the assembled hand. Attempts to repair this have not been very successful as its a rather high-stress area and the tolerances are close.

I could try and repair using wire, would need to cut channels in the part and all, but this would be the most durable solution. Also likely to be rather ugly.

of course if someone is doing something silly like swapping out the left hand of a ZakuII for a Gouf's gun-hand, a replacement part wouldn't be missed. For that matter, does the gouf use the same runner and maybe have a normal left hand in addition to its gun-hand? If this is the case I can get a replacement from a gouf box owned by the commissioner here no problem.

If it comes down to it I can probably get a replacement from gundamstoreandmore, but the timeframe on that is rather uncertain.

tetsujin

• Builder of Zakus
    • View Profile
    • Scope Eye.net
Re: oops. zakuII 2.0 hand help
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2009, 10:05:23 AM »
I don't know whether the silver paint made it brittle, or if I just dumbassed it, but I broke off all three of the tabs that go between the fingers in to the assembled hand. Attempts to repair this have not been very successful as its a rather high-stress area and the tolerances are close.

I could try and repair using wire, would need to cut channels in the part and all, but this would be the most durable solution. Also likely to be rather ugly.

of course if someone is doing something silly like swapping out the left hand of a ZakuII for a Gouf's gun-hand, a replacement part wouldn't be missed. For that matter, does the gouf use the same runner and maybe have a normal left hand in addition to its gun-hand? If this is the case I can get a replacement from a gouf box owned by the commissioner here no problem.

If it comes down to it I can probably get a replacement from gundamstoreandmore, but the timeframe on that is rather uncertain.

I don't know how important the poseable fingers are to you, but I've found these to be quite nice replacements for the MG Zaku v2...  See my review here with photos of the parts on the MG Zaku v2...
---GEC
Jabber ID: tetsujin@scope-eye.net

Sian

• View Profile
Re: oops. zakuII 2.0 hand help
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2009, 08:16:34 PM »
An open hand might be okay, and I could just swap a spare from another kit. But really, if I want a fixed pose hand, I can just glue the broken parts I have all together. I may just do that, considering the nature of the commission, it's not going to be posed around much.