Author Topic: RX-79[G]Ez-8 convoy wip, This might be sacrilege...  (Read 3293 times)

dp

• New Poster
    • View Profile
RX-79[G]Ez-8 convoy wip, This might be sacrilege...
« on: August 23, 2009, 06:27:13 PM »
This is a dismantled (assembled) RX-79[G]Ez-8, in a truckstop/convoy setup. The question here is, to a discerning eye how askew does the 1/100 mg look on the beds of 1/87 haulage? I'm going to be re-placing the 79 with a different model, one I won't be so eager to slap together. This is my first gundam and my second post, so, greetings! I'm very pleased and highly inspired by so many of the artist's that share here! Please leave crit's and comm.'s

Ezechiel

• Le Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: RX-79[G]Ez-8 convoy wip, This might be sacrilege...
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2009, 01:53:24 AM »
Welcome!
The scale looks right to me!
You are planning a dio for this, right? What setting are you thinking about?
(>:3) JESUS CHRIST IT'S A LION GET IN THE CAR!

dp

• New Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2009, 05:14:56 AM »
To be quite honest I don't have a solid idea for a dio layout. A turnout on the side of the road maybe, some guys conferring, possibly lost. Seeing as how it's the first week of school, update's are gonna be slow coming. I will post more detailed updates of kitbash on the primemovers. Thanks for the vote of confidence!

Funaka

• W? FTP!
  • Help Editors
  • Look into my EYES!!!
    • View Profile
    • Funakatown
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2009, 08:47:59 PM »
Scale looks OK to me. Continue!  :-)
"I don't belong to an organized political party. I'm a Democrat." - Will Rogers

Please visit Funakatown
Also, see my report on the Bandai Gunpla World Cup 2010

dp

• New Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2009, 11:15:46 AM »
I picked up a few of Tamiya's micro spray cans: tan, one of the olive drab series, and German gray. Also picked up some blue painter's tape.

Sanded glued and sanded some more, primed, and wanted to test out a camo pattern. Put down a layer of Mr. surfacer followed by some tan, then masked (in a psuedo-wildstyle (urban camo)) camo pattern. Will this scheme be too busy if it goes on to the mech.

After the curing I did a lite sanding. Now I need to go back and hit the high points. Rust, bare steel? any suggestions? The reactive-armor(?) panels are a solid German gray.  I'd like to represent an ability to exchange out components i.e. removable panel's while still holding onto the initial battle-worn hardware (shield superstructure.)

This would figure greatly back into the diorama idea of a sort field maintenence crew performing their duties. Hauling components, lifting and fitting thing's into place.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2009, 11:48:22 AM by dp »

crazedpanda

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2009, 04:09:15 PM »
Just a minor issue, but I didn't find any reference of the RX-79[G] having reactive armor. I could be wrong, but.....

Even if it is reactive armor, with the camo on there it just looks like a poor weathering job. Part of it is just that gray is primarily used for primer and if it's showing through paint then it looks like something went wrong. Just my input.

dp

• New Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2009, 08:50:46 PM »
You're right, reactive may have been a bad choice of "word." However if a grid was panel lined on to the central panel might that be convincing. The light color was in fact primer show through. I've darkened it a bit with a carbon wash and grey wash. I may have crossed that fine line between looking beat up and actually beaten up.

Right now I'm waiting on some 500 primer spray primer (love the stuff) and juggling the start of the fall semester. Slow and steady and thanks for Panda for the crit. good eye!