Author Topic: My Sinanju FINISHED  (Read 2168 times)

July 07, 2009, 03:49:56 PM
Read 2168 times

mvm3897

• Polish Wan-A-Be Modeler!
  • Information
  • Reporter At Large
    • View Profile
    • www.mrozekphoto.com
OK I finally finished something.  Just updating the post.  Same as before just painted the thrusters with some clear red and somf Mr. Color gold.  Also added panel lines to fuel tanks.

http://gallery.me.com/mattmrozek#100048&view=carouseljs&bgcolor=black&sel=2

Here is a list of firsts for me:

Fully airbrushed. Colors used were Red mixed according to the instructions, Mr. Color White and Alclad Steel for frame and weapons.
Using Future as a final coat.  I love this stuff turns out so slick and dries pretty hard.
Using dry transfers.  I managed to only screw up like 4 so I will replace those with the decals I have coming in.

Using the following technique on the black and gold parts(So what I did was spray Mr. Color Gloss black, let it cure. Then Mr. Color Gold, let it cure. Then Mr. Super Clear, let it cure. Then   Testors Gloss black thinned with lighter fluid, let it dry over night but it was still a little tacky. I then used a Q-Tip with most of the cotton removed and then wiped off the black from the gold trim parts. I am very happy with the results it's not perfect but it's the first time I have used this technique. The biggest problem was cotton fuzz sticking in the paint. You will see the results tomorrow after I post some pics.)

Oh and the shield is the foil stickers painted same as the rest of the gold.  Turned out a lot better than I thought.

Using metal option parts.

I think thats it.  CC's are always welcome.

Thanks for looking.
Matt
« Last Edit: August 24, 2009, 09:09:06 AM by mvm3897 »
SNIFFING RESIN DUST IS FUN!!!!!!

July 07, 2009, 06:05:16 PM
Reply #1

Shin Matsunaga

• Information
    • View Profile
This looks really good.  I like how the weapon turned out and the aftermarket pieces look really good too.  The bar is set pretty high on this forum for Sinanju.

July 07, 2009, 07:50:26 PM
Reply #2

crazedpanda

• Information
    • View Profile
Wow that's a really smooth finish. Are you using gloss paints before the finish of Future?

July 07, 2009, 07:56:26 PM
Reply #3

mvm3897

• Polish Wan-A-Be Modeler!
  • Information
  • Reporter At Large
    • View Profile
    • www.mrozekphoto.com
Wow that's a really smooth finish. Are you using gloss paints before the finish of Future?

Ya everything is Mr. Color gloss except the final black on the gold and black parts.  I never used Future before so I sprayed it like I used to spray when I painted cars.(full size cars. I used to do paint and body work)  I sprayed a lite coat and let it sit for about 5 minutes then I sprayed on a wet coat.  One of the tricks is to keep a wet edge so you have to spray fairly fast.  I put it on fairly wet almost to the point of it running then it smoothed out very nicely.
SNIFFING RESIN DUST IS FUN!!!!!!