Author Topic: Bloody Torio, Uphill Both Ways  (Read 3367 times)

May 31, 2009, 10:00:14 PM
Read 3367 times

Lin.K

• Information
  • Reporter At Large
    • View Profile
    • Scale120
Bloody Torio, Uphill Both Ways, Battle for Torifujiograd, Christmas Day, 25 Dec., 2884.
Assault Team #3, Peter Wentworth and Francis Benedictine making their final approach to staging area Hotel, 5km SSW of Torifujigrad.

Gruelling weather conditions took their toll on the Mercenary Forces whom started their attack too late in the year and faced a very harsh and unusually wet start to winter. Instead of using the soft snow to muffle the sounds of the approach of their heavy equipment, they hand to trudge through heavy mud and along treacherous icy roads and started the ill-fated attack in a less than optimal state with damaged equipment and depleted morale.

After successfully breaching the cities automated outer defenses the Mercenary forces were flanked by a well concealed ambush and the subsequent counter attack forced them to retreat West across the city and into the surrounding forest, again uphill and without respite from the weather.

More Photos here http://www.scale120.com/?p=910

WIP here http://fichtenfoo.net/forum/index.php?topic=4482.0

Thanks for all the comments and help on this one!

Cheers,

Lin.K
Please check out my new online Gallery and Progress Reports!

Scale120

June 04, 2009, 04:49:16 AM
Reply #1

FichtenFoo

• Michael Fichtenmayer
  • Information
  • Administrator
  • 16 bits of fun
    • View Profile
    • FichtenFoo.com
Looks great for the most part. Only one off thing which is the tall grass clumps which seems to be too "pinpointed" in their application. Like bad hair plugs. :lol:

The suits look awesome as does the shorter grass and groundwork. And a great story as usual. Nice work!

June 04, 2009, 07:28:29 AM
Reply #2

Lin.K

• Information
  • Reporter At Large
    • View Profile
    • Scale120
thanks Foo, was thinking I must be persona non grata with no replies!  :D

So randomise, do something about the hair plugs, gotcha. Will give it thought and study.

Other stuff, hokay!

Cheers,

Linc
Please check out my new online Gallery and Progress Reports!

Scale120

June 04, 2009, 08:22:08 AM
Reply #3

mvm3897

• Polish Wan-A-Be Modeler!
  • Information
  • Reporter At Large
    • View Profile
    • www.mrozekphoto.com
Nice Lin.K.  I wish I new more about the Ma.K.A.F.S stuff.  You are a building machine.  What is this like #4 or #5 in the past few months.

Your weathering looks so real and I love you back stories as well.  I get a lot of insperation from your builds.  I have a lot of Gundams that I would love to apply some of your techniques to.

SNIFFING RESIN DUST IS FUN!!!!!!

June 05, 2009, 05:24:25 AM
Reply #4

chaos_theory

• Is Boldy Going Nowhere
  • Information
  • Help Editors
  • I think he did a little too much LDS in the 60's
    • View Profile
...was thinking I must be persona non grata with no replies!  :D

No we were speechless.  :razz:
or
You make so many great models and so fast, we're just catching up. :shifty:
or
What do you say to the man with Yokoyama's critique. Kow sez its ok then its f**king gold. 8)

The nose-job on the hardboiled is amazing. The paint is top notch as always, nice movement in the scene too. Beautiful job on the face. You captured a great expression.

The snow looks "puddled". Spreading out and thinning out the snow in some areas and dusting some in the grass (tall grass too) will help.

If you wanna execise in ground work, Try making the base before you build the kit. Give the base as much attention as you would your kit and paint.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2009, 08:10:13 AM by chaos_theory »
"Don't tell me. You're from outer space."
"No, I'm from Iowa. I only work in outer space."

June 05, 2009, 07:53:26 AM
Reply #5

ZLuca

• I can't remember..
  • Information
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kallamity.com
Persona non grata:::haha I think I can translate that!!  :D

I've totally missed the post Linc just because I was so busy to finish a diorama for Thiene show and I was always in my lab!
BtW, I've just delivered, so I can post now!  :D

As Chaos told before, your models are always so beautiful!
I love this "dark" scene, I don't know...it has a great mood and pathos.
I've stopped to comment your suits because you never fail them, this time I love the earth and field.
I'm not 100% sure about snow sprayed here and there, but gives the idea of cold.
It reminds me some old pics of Russian Campaign, what i like in your models (and generally that's what I like in models I like) it's a sense of true and "living" that give the right mood!
Great work on the HardBoiled too!
Great job again Linc
Luca

June 09, 2009, 05:42:30 PM
Reply #6

Major Blah

• Bloody Canadian
  • Information
  • oink!
    • View Profile
    • SquintyEyes
At first I was going to say I like the modified AFS better, but then I saw your figure painting and now I'm torn.  I guess I like them equally!  Really amazing work, and you finish them quick too!

Persona non grata...due to jealousy  :lol: