Author Topic: 1/6 Christina Mackenzie  (Read 3761 times)

March 24, 2009, 08:42:41 PM
Read 3761 times

Bawoo

• Information
    • View Profile
    • Animation Scale Models 4U
I dunno, is is "on topic" to post figures in Fooland?  Hope so...I really should spend more time hanging out here. :)  So here's my 1/6 Christina Mackenzie, from a Hobbyfan recast.  This is only the second figure I've done, I find them very relaxing when compared to the endless greebly engineering and precision of mecha kits, and painting the eyes is a blast too.  Still learning how to deal with flesh tones and some stuff, and I probably should have done something about that seam on the hair part, but I was ready to be finished, and I'm practicing not being such a tweaker.  Overall I'm pretty happy with her.  She's cute too. ;) 

« Last Edit: March 24, 2009, 08:50:19 PM by Bawoo »
Animation Scale Models 4U 2.0
http://models4you.whoadude.com

March 29, 2009, 03:15:36 PM
Reply #1

Major Blah

• Bloody Canadian
  • Information
  • oink!
    • View Profile
    • SquintyEyes
Figures are definitely on-topic in Foo-land.  Looks great and I'm sure Filmy can give you a couple pointers here and there, he's the figure guy.  :lol:

March 29, 2009, 07:43:50 PM
Reply #2

Funaka

• W? FTP!
  • Information
  • Help Editors
  • Look into my EYES!!!
    • View Profile
    • Funakatown
Well, I see a few surface prep issues in the hair, but I'm not one to talk because I still stubbornly refuse to do resin (especially figures with hair) for that reason...

The eyes came out great and what a bod! Kind of nice to see a woman in a pilot suit, and not a 14-year-old girl (:cough cough: Rei :cough: Asuka). Good work with all those stripes and painted-on decals, too!
"I don't belong to an organized political party. I'm a Democrat." - Will Rogers

Please visit Funakatown
Also, see my report on the Bandai Gunpla World Cup 2010

March 30, 2009, 12:49:10 AM
Reply #3

nico

• Information
    • View Profile
Very nice painting job. Don't like the face sculpting style but it's not you fault. Cool to see more  nice figs here.

March 30, 2009, 06:04:59 PM
Reply #4

Bawoo

• Information
    • View Profile
Hey, I like Rei! ;)  Yeah, the hair was a bitch, and I left some obvious flaws, there simply wasn't any good way I could find to fix the funk in the grooves (get funky) without spending an inordinate amount of time which would be best dedicated to some old Gundam kits instead!  Thanks for the comments...

April 01, 2009, 07:00:00 AM
Reply #5

FichtenFoo

• Michael Fichtenmayer
  • Information
  • Administrator
  • 16 bits of fun
    • View Profile
    • FichtenFoo.com
My favorite Gundam pilot! (just because she's a redhead) Nice work!

April 10, 2009, 11:24:33 AM
Reply #6

DrDazzle

• back to formula?
  • Information
    • View Profile
Gotta be honest, don't like the kit. It is like they tried mixing the original character style with that newer boob exaggerated design all non boobey anime character model kits get.

BUT you did an outstanding job on this kit. Great work, the hair looks very nice, and the suit looks almost real.

April 10, 2009, 01:35:29 PM
Reply #7

Bawoo

• Information
    • View Profile
I totally understand what you mean!  But I do have to admit it, I kinda like the boobies...(o)(o)

Maybe I've been looking too many resin kits, so that what would have been outrageously large 10 years ago looks normal-ish, relative to...uh...current standards. lol 

April 28, 2009, 10:00:39 AM
Reply #8

lhasarus

• Information
    • View Profile
Lovely. Love The Pilot and your model ^^

And I've to agree to my previous posters: The boobs look kind of pumped up (just noticed this by looking at the pictures again...)

My Youtube Channel: Gunpla Inn: lhasarus
Containing Plamo Videos (Reviews, WIPs, Completed Models)

May 04, 2009, 12:16:38 PM
Reply #9

DrDazzle

• back to formula?
  • Information
    • View Profile
I totally understand what you mean!  But I do have to admit it, I kinda like the boobies...(o)(o)

Maybe I've been looking too many resin kits, so that what would have been outrageously large 10 years ago looks normal-ish, relative to...uh...current standards. lol 

Trust me I do too, but something about this sculpt just seems so odd. I have seen a couple other Chris kits and they either look like her in the anime or they look very DoA and not both together. Maybe it is the suit being puffy, and the fact that her limbs and torso aren't outrageously long and such.