Author Topic: Hi, I kinda need some help in here....  (Read 1997 times)

September 26, 2005, 09:15:36 AM
Read 1997 times

Artic Fox

• Information
    • View Profile
Hi, I've been modeling for about maybe over six years now, I started with GW models, and those were all OB builds, but recently I started to really try to get a professional look on my models, I've been mostly handbrushing, but I wanna get into airbrrushing, I have an Aztex airbrush, and I was wondering, how do you thin enamels? Should I use a paint thinner, because I use an ethanol thinner to clean my brushes. Also, I was wondering, when you airbrush, do you mask the internals and spray the whole kit, or do you take it apart and do each piece on it's own, because I'm planning to add some mods that might make that hard. Sorry, if I sound like a total noob, but some of these tutorials seem kinda hard, or weird and hard to follow. I've been a HUGE fan of Fichten Foo since I first started modeling, and he is an inspiration to me. Well, I think that's it for now, oh, wait, one more thing, how do you apply a fractal pattern camo?

September 26, 2005, 10:56:06 AM
Reply #1

FichtenFoo

• Michael Fichtenmayer
  • Information
  • Administrator
  • 16 bits of fun
    • View Profile
    • FichtenFoo.com
Also, I was wondering, when you airbrush, do you mask the internals and spray the whole kit, or do you take it apart and do each piece on it's own, because I'm planning to add some mods that might make that hard.

Both. It really depends on what will make it easier on you. If you can manage to spray everything separately and not worry about seams, then you can do it seperately. Sometimes though you might need to spray the internals, the mask, then add the armor and fix seams and spray that then remove all the masking. Other times you need to build it all from the start then mask/remask. There's no set way as every kit has different needs. Do what you feel works best.

Well, I think that's it for now, oh, wait, one more thing, how do you apply a fractal pattern camo?

Spray the base color, add masking tape in the camo pattern you want, spray second color (which is a slaight shade darker or lighter. Avoid heavy contrast here.) then remove masking.

how do you thin enamels?
Use the thinner made by the enamel maunfacturer. Model Masters thinner, Mr. Thinner, etc...