Author Topic: MG Wing ver ka. Strike Noir Colors  (Read 7292 times)

April 09, 2008, 11:08:08 AM
Read 7292 times

beertax

• Information
    • View Profile
Hi all, my photo skills are not that great so I only took a few select fotos of my latest work, the MG Wing ver ka. Custom. The colour scheme is from Strike Noir from Gundam Seed. I did the wing mod where the top and bottom parts can spread out, added around 30x1mm beads plus 6x2mm tubes from mechaskunk, and used the long range lance also from mechaskunk as the weapon of choice. The decals are from Bandai's Wing Zero ver ka. waterslide series, and I added the crossbone emblem on the chest and shield to add to the badass look. Enjoy!

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r12/beertax/Noir1.jpg
http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r12/beertax/Noir3.jpg
http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r12/beertax/Noir8.jpg
http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r12/beertax/Noir7.jpg
http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r12/beertax/Noir5.jpg
http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r12/beertax/Noir6.jpg

ps: hope I am not in violation of posting guidelines  :unsure:

April 09, 2008, 12:31:33 PM
Reply #1

zerobxu

• mit Sauerkraut!
  • Information
  • D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
    • View Profile
    • Zero: Dumber Than Fiction
While I was slightly befuddled at seeing a Wing in Seed colors, I remembered that I'd seen a Wing done in none Wing-era colors before... somewhere...

The colors really work here. You did a nice job implementing non-traditional colors onto the Wing. I'm not sure how I feel about the black head, but I like it overall. The lance looks good with that shield, too. Makes me think of the Crossbone, for some reason.

ps: hope I am not in violation of posting guidelines  :unsure:

Not sure what you might be violating, but you're good here as far as I can tell.  
"The parrot is the bird that talks the most and flies the worst."
-The Wright Brothers

April 09, 2008, 12:35:48 PM
Reply #2

clee-cm

• Tilluminati.com
  • Information
  • nobody said it was going to be easy...
    • View Profile
    • digitalblend-cl
I like the way your Gundam turned out, it looks nice will all of the lance the and the non-Gundam Wing colors.
Order custom printed t-shirts at tilluminati.

April 09, 2008, 01:18:23 PM
Reply #3

Strikr

• Information
    • View Profile
Being a fan of Wing Zero, I was pleasantly surprised at how well the colors you chose worked on this kit.  Your work on the wings is what really caught my eye from the start. Congrats on the work you did on this kit.

April 09, 2008, 06:04:22 PM
Reply #4

Breten

• Information
    • View Profile
Very nice.  I'm actually working on a 1/144 HG Wing Zero Custom that I am planning on doing the very same scheme on. Of course mine won't look near as good. :-)

April 09, 2008, 06:28:43 PM
Reply #5

beertax

• Information
    • View Profile
thx all.  this is actually my 3rd MG Wing gundam, I painted 2 ver ka. and 1 Wing Zero in the past year - than stripped the Wing Zero to paint this kit.  I just cannot seem to get enough of this design.  I am actually considering doing yet another MG Wing ver ka., this time maybe a Amuro Ray custom with Nu Gundam colors.  I am forcing myself to stop and do other projects though  :-)

April 09, 2008, 08:10:35 PM
Reply #6

race179

• Information
    • View Profile

April 10, 2008, 05:56:03 AM
Reply #7

zerobxu

• mit Sauerkraut!
  • Information
  • D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
    • View Profile
    • Zero: Dumber Than Fiction
nice.

Please read the Posting Guidelines. Specifically:

This also goes for posting "fluff" or "great job bud!" posts. If that's all you have to say, then it's better to just say nothing. While it's nice to get compliments, it's tiring for the modeler and thread readers to sift through 20 fluff posts with no useful substance. To make this clear: If you're just posting "looks great" or "that's awesome", you will be getting a Private Message from one of the Moderators regarding spamming. If you continue to make a habit of it, you will be placed on Probation or just plain Banned.

Thank you.
"The parrot is the bird that talks the most and flies the worst."
-The Wright Brothers

April 10, 2008, 07:05:19 AM
Reply #8

Major Blah

• Bloody Canadian
  • Information
  • oink!
    • View Profile
    • SquintyEyes
That's a nice scheme for Wing, I like it a lot! 

The mods you've done is very fitting, and the lance is such a fitting weapon too.  Look forward to seeing more kits (more Wings?) from you. :-)

April 10, 2008, 08:16:15 AM
Reply #9

FichtenFoo

• Michael Fichtenmayer
  • Information
  • Administrator
  • 16 bits of fun
    • View Profile
    • FichtenFoo.com
Interesting scheme. Shocking at first on the WKa, but nicely done.

April 10, 2008, 07:36:33 PM
Reply #10

Chex

• Procrastinator Extreme
  • Information
  • Noonch
    • View Profile
Yeah I love how those colors seem to work really well for that MS. The lance makes it seem a little magestic imo. If ya do another in Amuro colors, how about one in Char colors as well eh?

April 10, 2008, 07:58:43 PM
Reply #11

robofreak

• Information
    • View Profile
Nicely done! I like the color scheme a lot. It's almost as if Wing Zero was meant to have those colors.

The lance works well on it too. Now Bandai needs to make an MG Funsake model so it could really have a medieval look.

April 10, 2008, 11:32:16 PM
Reply #12

dr_feelgood

• Information
    • View Profile
    • Mechaion Designs
I ahve to agree with them! The scheme was a bit shocking at first but very refreshing at the same time. its not everyday you gonna see a black WZC! great job! ^_^

April 11, 2008, 08:27:51 AM
Reply #13

Funaka

• W? FTP!
  • Information
  • Help Editors
  • Look into my EYES!!!
    • View Profile
    • Funakatown
Wow! Really great job! You've addressed the things I don't like about the Wing Ka really well, the way-over-the-top red white blue and yellow paint scheme, the funky wings and the rifle that requires the arm-mounted ammo pods.

The lance is a great choice of weapon, it compliments the long shield and wings really well. The wing extension mods make the wings look more like, uh, wings and not some drawing tools stuck on the back of a gundam (I'm thinking of those plastic triangles that let you measure 30, 60, snd 90 degrees, are ruled on the edges, and are hollow in the middle, the top one in this picture http://yoas.net/alv-triangles.jpg), and the color scheme makes it look sinister, as opposed to clown-like.

Nice! 8)
"I don't belong to an organized political party. I'm a Democrat." - Will Rogers

Please visit Funakatown
Also, see my report on the Bandai Gunpla World Cup 2010

April 14, 2008, 04:50:39 AM
Reply #14

starboykb

• Information
    • View Profile
That was a pretty good color from strike noir.

April 14, 2008, 06:22:05 PM
Reply #15

GlauG

• Information
  • Decepticon Ninja Consultant
    • View Profile
I have to say, the thing that struck me most looking at it was how awesome the Lance looks. :D  Well done overall, though I'm not sure I like how much black there is even though I know Strike Noir looks like that...

May 01, 2008, 10:08:25 PM
Reply #16

race179

• Information
    • View Profile
The color scheme works really well with the Wing Ka.  I love how the angles and panels of Master Grade kits lend themselves to the use of different color combinations, and you utilized these characteristics nicely. Like fichtenfoo said, the color scheme is at first a little jarring (to me because of the dark colors; I'm just used to seeing Ka.'s kits in bright whites and primary colors), but the Strike Noir theme was a good call.

May 03, 2008, 07:19:51 AM
Reply #17

sentinel011

• Information
    • View Profile
your weapon of choice reminds me of the elite grunt units in Devil May Cry 4, but keeping the lance weapon intact.

Looks a bit awkward at first glance, but a job well done! looks like it's out to outdo epyon in terms of melee with that lance  :D

May 03, 2008, 11:58:32 AM
Reply #18

beertax

• Information
    • View Profile
Wow I am gratified by all the positive responses.

My current project is another MG Wing ver ka., I stripped an old kit I painted in OOB colors to do an Amuro Ray custom with Hi Nu colors, some custom parts, custom decals, an Astray rifle which I love, and a shot lance from mechaskunk.  Hope to have it by end of next week :)