Author Topic: GB2: AoZ Reference and Questions  (Read 66708 times)

July 17, 2007, 10:33:09 AM
Reply #200

clee-cm

• Tilluminati.com
  • Information
  • nobody said it was going to be easy...
    • View Profile
    • digitalblend-cl
His link leads to a book store that is selling a modeling book called Meaningless War.  It has some nice pictures in it.  That first page that is linked ask if the viewer is 18+ if you are click on the little button that says ”hai” or the button on the left. That will lead you to the page.

The one problem with the page is that I kept getting stuck in at the 18+ warning page when I used Google Language Tools, and Yahoo Babel Fish to translate the page. I was not allowed to see the actual Meaningless War 0091 web page while using a online translator, there for the viewer needs to be able to read Japanese.

I had to make a correction on my earlier post, here is the link to the webpage.

click here to view the web page.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2007, 10:39:22 AM by clee-cm »
Order custom printed t-shirts at tilluminati.

July 18, 2007, 12:41:52 PM
Reply #201

Mrex-sgundam

• OPE
  • Information
  • Wow, time flies.
    • View Profile
I guess my next question  where can I buy the books, after I post this I'm going to straight to HLJ and R10, but if anybody else knows where I can find each book please post where.
Hey, how's it going?

July 18, 2007, 01:00:57 PM
Reply #202

ninjascience

• Information
    • View Profile
    • mechascientific
The link posted by clee-cm, and melonbooks.com are the only places that list them online, and neither site has all three editions.

July 18, 2007, 01:58:39 PM
Reply #203

Mrex-sgundam

• OPE
  • Information
  • Wow, time flies.
    • View Profile
aww that sucks :angry: Oh well thanks for the information everybody. I'll keep a close eye on new info about this storyline as they arise.
Hey, how's it going?

July 21, 2007, 08:32:16 AM
Reply #204

Bazookafied

• Information
    • View Profile
    • Titans Test Team Arc
You won't have much to keep an eye on, the series is almost done from what we can tell.

Whats been really neat is a member over at our TTT Arc is going to do 3 upgrade kits for existing HGUC kits for AoZ.  If you're a member of our forum, you can vote for your 3 designs you would want to see done. 

AOZ HGUC Upgrade Kits Voting
Bazookafied

Visit the T Arc!

July 23, 2007, 08:50:16 AM
Reply #205

Mrex-sgundam

• OPE
  • Information
  • Wow, time flies.
    • View Profile
 :pirate: man I'm late seeing things unfold its almost over...oh well. I voted I hope he chooses The Asshimar Tr-3 (have one of those setting in dust) a Icarus Unit and GM Sniper.
Hey, how's it going?

August 02, 2007, 06:23:51 AM
Reply #206

Bazookafied

• Information
    • View Profile
    • Titans Test Team Arc
Just like any Gundam Series, you can always catch up.  Besides, this series should've ended a long time ago, but it's still cranking out episodes!  ninjascience has set up some nice FAQs on the forum and Mark Simmons has given us nice chapter summaries for the whole series.  It's never too late to jump on the AoZ train!
Bazookafied

Visit the T Arc!

October 11, 2007, 06:33:11 PM
Reply #207

FichtenFoo

• Michael Fichtenmayer
  • Information
  • Administrator
  • 16 bits of fun
    • View Profile
    • FichtenFoo.com
I've moved this AoZ reference thread from our Group Build #2 to this contest forum for convienience.

November 07, 2007, 12:47:00 PM
Reply #208

Marc

• Information
  • Le Moderator
    • View Profile

November 18, 2007, 03:06:13 AM
Reply #209

CaptainPlastic

« Last Edit: November 22, 2007, 12:14:22 AM by CaptainPlastic »

November 20, 2007, 09:44:38 AM
Reply #210

mtomczek

• paid by the force
  • Information
    • View Profile
    • http://www.mtomczek.com
Does anyone here have the assembly instructions for the Hrududu add on parts? I picked up the kit and another primrose kit in Japan but the Hrududu does not have assembly instructions printed on the box like the primrose does. (I think it was in the magazine). If anyone has them it would be super awesome!

Thanks!

(and yes I am back from Japan as of about 1 hour ago)

November 20, 2007, 09:58:50 AM
Reply #212

mtomczek

• paid by the force
  • Information
    • View Profile
    • http://www.mtomczek.com

December 10, 2007, 04:55:59 PM
Reply #213

Zers

• Information
    • View Profile
This was posted on gunota if anybody missed it. If nothing else it's nice to look at =p

http://www.gundam.info/topic/884

March 14, 2008, 12:42:58 PM
Reply #214

Funaka

• W? FTP!
  • Information
  • Help Editors
  • Look into my EYES!!!
    • View Profile
    • Funakatown
Since I've got one AoZ mod done and I'm well into my second, I decided to take stock of my AoZ decals and decide if I need to make more. However, I have a nagging question on what a couple of the decals mean so I can decide if they're needed and how they should be used.

The first thing I found out is that the Aswan was a ship used by the TTT. Can anybody tell me if it would be appropriate for any Hazel to be operating from it, and thus sporting some "aswan" markings. Did the Aswan's "lifespan" cover all of the Hazel variants?

Second, what is "OMecha"? I believe the subtitle on the decal says "Omerecetaronics and Omarkitecnics Trial Mobile Suit". Is it a company, something like Anaheim Electronics? Is it a kind of modified MS?

Should there be AE logos on TTT mobile suits? I read on the TTT Arc that it's unclear if AE made the TTT's equipment, or just the basic MS, and all the additions are the work of the TTT.

I've spent an hour looking for answers, both here, on the TTT Arc, om Mechascientific and on Google, but I just can't find it. Sometimes it seems the simplest facts are hard to find because nobody makes threads discussing the obvious...

Thanks for any help you can give! :-)
"I don't belong to an organized political party. I'm a Democrat." - Will Rogers

Please visit Funakatown
Also, see my report on the Bandai Gunpla World Cup 2010

March 14, 2008, 01:06:38 PM
Reply #215

ninjascience

• Information
    • View Profile
    • mechascientific
Omecha is sort of a signature for artist Fujioka Kenki.  It doesn't mean anything in the context of the AoZ setting.  I heard somewhere that it's short of "Original Mecha" but it's usually shown with a greek theta(?) symbol instead of an O.

March 14, 2008, 03:49:45 PM
Reply #216

clee-cm

• Tilluminati.com
  • Information
  • nobody said it was going to be easy...
    • View Profile
    • digitalblend-cl
The first thing I found out is that the Aswan was a ship used by the TTT. Can anybody tell me if it would be appropriate for any Hazel to be operating from it, and thus sporting some "aswan" markings. Did the Aswan's "lifespan" cover all of the Hazel variants?

From what I understand, the Aswan was the primary heavy cruiser of the Titans Test Team, many of the Hazels operated from it. Until it was destroyed in a AEUG raid, when it still had the Fiver II mobile armor mored to the Aswan, only part of the Fiver II escaped intact. So many of the TTT Mobile Suits operated from it until the Aswan's destruction, the Hazels, Bizack TR-2, Galblady, and several others.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2008, 03:59:51 PM by clee-cm »
Order custom printed t-shirts at tilluminati.

March 15, 2008, 07:14:18 AM
Reply #217

Funaka

• W? FTP!
  • Information
  • Help Editors
  • Look into my EYES!!!
    • View Profile
    • Funakatown
Thanks, guys!

Looks like more ASWAN decals (although I might work on the design, it's really boring) and little or no Omecha decals. Maybe since I like the Omecha decal design, I'll do one in that style with an alpha that says "Aswan" instead of "Omecha". Hmm... the roots of task force Alpha??

It's kinda funny that I'm devoting so much time to models from a storyline I know so little about. Then again, the less I know, the more I feel free to be creative!
"I don't belong to an organized political party. I'm a Democrat." - Will Rogers

Please visit Funakatown
Also, see my report on the Bandai Gunpla World Cup 2010

March 25, 2008, 03:07:26 PM
Reply #218

Bazookafied

• Information
    • View Profile
    • Titans Test Team Arc
If anyone needs ideas for this comp, be sure to check out ninjascience's images of an AoZ Gunpla contest in the land of the rising sun.

August DHM Gunpla Contest:  AoZ

If you're looking for more info on AoZ, check out these links:

Titans Test Team Arc
The first and only English forum designed to collect, translate, and release AoZ information.  Everything from Gunpla to story outlines to MS data specs, its all there.  We are still translating and releasing data, even after the series concluded.

MechaScientific
Much of the TTT Arc's work has ended up in this spectacular website managed and built by ninjascience.  From kit reviews to specs to chapter summaries, this website contains all of the TTT Arc's finished products in a sleek organized layout.  A must see for AoZ Fans.

Ultimate Mark's AoZ Timeline (in the UC Timeline0
Mark Simmons greatly contributed to much of the TTT Arc's successful translations and its no wonder!  This section of his UC Timeline outlines AoZ's events within the UC timeline.  See how AoZ fits into the bigger scheme of things!

ninjascience's AoZ Images @ Flickr
Want an awesome look at all of the stunning designs and artwork that came out of AoZ?  ninjascience has you covered again!  From raw scans to cleaned lineart, this is an awesome pictorial reference.
AoZ RAW Scans
AoZ Clean
Advance of Zeta Photonovel
AoZ Gunpla Contest Entries (Aug DHM)Trial Report
Translated AoZ
Bazookafied

Visit the T Arc!

April 18, 2008, 10:46:04 PM
Reply #219

AnatoleFarmond

• Fairly Useless
  • Information
  • Help Editors
    • View Profile
Hey, I know I'm not in this build... but I thought this was a good reference for something AoZ ish, I know a couple of you are still building, maybe it will give some inspirations.
"No matter how good you get, there will always be someone better than yourself." ~ Char Aznable