Author Topic: GB2: AoZ Reference and Questions  (Read 66697 times)

May 25, 2006, 06:24:45 AM
Reply #180

ninjascience

• Information
    • View Profile
    • mechascientific

The Gunpla version of this we've already seen is apparently the prototype of this guy.

Mark Simmons' Translation:
RX-107 "Rosette" Enhanced Land Battle Form
The enhanced land battle form of the RX-107 "Rosette" is a ground combat form of the RX-107 used when the Murphy Team assaults Karaba's Kamchatka base. This form is equipped with option parts so that the RX-107 can perform high-speed combat on the ground, and is capable of high-speed hovering movement. The optional hovering skirt unit contains powerful thermonuclear jet engines whose thrust enables the machine to float. Unlike thermonuclear rockets that generate thrust by consuming propellant, these thermonuclear jets use the atmosphere as (fuel? propellant? the term is illegible here), and thus have the merit of reducing propellant consumption and extending the mission operating time.

Note: This is presumably the main difference betwene this version and the rejected prototype plan seen in the previous issue, which carried huge propellant tanks to fuel its thrusters and nonetheless had a relatively short operating time.

The captions on the smaller sketches are pretty much illegible, although I note that the image on the upper right shows a planned Minovsky craft version of the hovering skirt unit, which was abandoned because the system couldn't be made small enough. I also note that this version is still armed with an Asshimar beam rifle, and its chest is protected by the same kind of armor unit previously tested on the Hizack Cannon.

May 25, 2006, 06:47:02 AM
Reply #181

Marc

• Information
  • Le Moderator
    • View Profile
Wow, I have to say that it looks...dreadfully bad.
The color scheme is terrible, it may look better with another. Any pics of a scratchbuilt kit of it?

May 25, 2006, 07:08:41 AM
Reply #182

Major Blah

• Bloody Canadian
  • Information
  • oink!
    • View Profile
    • SquintyEyes
Ewwwww...Phat Arse  :pinch:

This is ugly, I prefer this version.

May 25, 2006, 07:13:46 AM
Reply #183

FichtenFoo

• Michael Fichtenmayer
  • Information
  • Administrator
  • 16 bits of fun
    • View Profile
    • FichtenFoo.com

May 25, 2006, 08:16:20 PM
Reply #184

zerobxu

• mit Sauerkraut!
  • Information
  • D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
    • View Profile
    • Zero: Dumber Than Fiction
It's so awful I think I love it. Uglier than a malformed dwarf. Squat and fat, like my administrative assistant at work (but she's not as heavily armed). Yes, it is beautiful in its horridness.  :lol:
"The parrot is the bird that talks the most and flies the worst."
-The Wright Brothers

May 26, 2006, 01:50:44 AM
Reply #185

Marc

• Information
  • Le Moderator
    • View Profile
Something a bit less...orange :razz:

There so few new parts for Bandai to make (only the head I guess) that I would be surprise we don't see a kit of that comming out some day. Well, I've seen worst recast :lol:
Small pics of the model: http://www.hlj.com/product/MDWMAG0607

May 27, 2006, 06:19:33 AM
Reply #186

Bazookafied

• Information
    • View Profile
    • Titans Test Team Arc
I knew from when I first saw the Hazel's Shield Boosters that they had some sort of link to the Fiver.  Even though the Hazel's design and the Gaplant are separate, I knew that the design concept would find its way between the two.  

I'd like to see the Fiver Gaplant in its normal MS Mode sometime.
Bazookafied

Visit the T Arc!

May 27, 2006, 08:43:46 PM
Reply #187

Major Blah

• Bloody Canadian
  • Information
  • oink!
    • View Profile
    • SquintyEyes
Yeah this version of Gaplant makes perfect sense, it's the missing link between the fiver and the Z-era gaplant.

I sort of like the boosters mounted horizontal (like the later version) though.

May 28, 2006, 04:35:11 AM
Reply #188

Bazookafied

• Information
    • View Profile
    • Titans Test Team Arc
Quote from: "Major Blah"
Yeah this version of Gaplant makes perfect sense, it's the missing link between the fiver and the Z-era gaplant.

I sort of like the boosters mounted horizontal (like the later version) though.

Technically this IS the "Zeta-era" Gaplant.  The Gaplants used by the TTT were already developed at the Oakland base. These Gaplants are merely testing the new equipment of the Fiver parts.
Bazookafied

Visit the T Arc!

July 30, 2006, 04:11:45 PM
Reply #189

Marc

• Information
  • Le Moderator
    • View Profile
I know the GB is over but this looks too good (IMO) not to be shared:
http://members6.tsukaeru.net/yubaba/144squid.html
That's what I love about Hazel, so much room for customization!

December 21, 2006, 04:49:50 AM
Reply #190

Marc

• Information
  • Le Moderator
    • View Profile
Keeping this thread aliiiiiiive!
A cool though not so subtle way for Bandai to get rid of its stock of HGUC Psycho:

December 21, 2006, 05:50:10 AM
Reply #191

zerobxu

• mit Sauerkraut!
  • Information
  • D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
    • View Profile
    • Zero: Dumber Than Fiction
Quote from: "Ezechiel"
Keeping this thread aliiiiiiive!
A cool though not so subtle way for Bandai to get rid of its stock of HGUC Psycho

I like it! The Fiver/Gaplant variant looks pretty slick as well. I wonder if you couldn't use the HGUC Zeong arms to pull something like this off...

**wanders off to Dalong.net for a size comparison check**
"The parrot is the bird that talks the most and flies the worst."
-The Wright Brothers

April 24, 2007, 09:33:23 AM
Reply #192

FichtenFoo

• Michael Fichtenmayer
  • Information
  • Administrator
  • 16 bits of fun
    • View Profile
    • FichtenFoo.com
It's funny and awesome at the same time. I want an MG of it. More info please!

April 24, 2007, 09:44:58 AM
Reply #193

Marc

• Information
  • Le Moderator
    • View Profile
Yeah, love it too. It's pretty far from any known Gundam. Would probably look good in Titans Blue scheme. The Tr6 in MA is pretty cool too.
I also hope to see a kit of it!

April 26, 2007, 09:27:11 AM
Reply #194

Marc

• Information
  • Le Moderator
    • View Profile
Oh the coolness...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ninjascience/
Thanks to Ninjascience as usual for putting them together.
AoZ is finally making the link with the Messala and it looks great!

July 16, 2007, 06:52:24 AM
Reply #195

Bazookafied

• Information
    • View Profile
    • Titans Test Team Arc
Hey guys!  Its been awhile, but I'm checking in with more AoZ info for you!

Right now AoZ is coming to an end.  I'm afraid that some of these newer lineart designs may never even get into the photonovel!  As usual, our favorite ninja of science has detailed information over at MechaScientific.  The TR-6 stuff keeps coming in Lineart format, but we have hardly begun to see them in the series.  In the most recent installment (Episode 6.0) you can see the newest form of the TR-6 (theres plenty of them on paper, but only 2 variants have appeared)

The TTT Arc has discussions up on these as usual.
Bazookafied

Visit the T Arc!

July 16, 2007, 09:27:06 AM
Reply #196

Mrex-sgundam

• OPE
  • Information
  • Wow, time flies.
    • View Profile
I actually want to know more of the Meaningless War 0091 is it fan fiction or was it from bandai? I really dig the design especially about the  MSN-4 Chanel and Mk.IV Siren

sorry that I went off topic.

I hope that one day bandai will truly realize the potential AoZ would have if they put it in anime form. Or they could have made Unicorn into an anime its like bandai is afraid of the UC era and those who like it have to go underground.
Hey, how's it going?

July 16, 2007, 09:33:41 PM
Reply #197

clee-cm

• Tilluminati.com
  • Information
  • nobody said it was going to be easy...
    • View Profile
    • digitalblend-cl
I actually want to know more of the Meaningless War 0091 is it fan fiction or was it from bandai? I really dig the design especially about the  MSN-4 Chanel and Mk.IV Siren

sorry that I went off topic.

I hope that one day bandai will truly realize the potential AoZ would have if they put it in anime form. Or they could have made Unicorn into an anime its like bandai is afraid of the UC era and those who like it have to go underground.

From what I understand, the Meaningless War is a series of 3 books released in Japan, yes it is Gundam, and it has a number of Mobile Suites that can trace their origins to the various Gundam series in Anime and in Print. Like the book The Revival of Zeon(Zion) 0092, it takes place before Char's Counterattack.

From what I have read at gears online, the Meaningless War has a tie in of sort to AOZ. I found a short article on Gears online that explains the base plot of the Meaningless War.

I would also love to see a number of the AOZ MS appear in anime for, it's a shame that most of the drawings we see are for models and toys being designed.

:ninja: I am being deliberately vague, I would only repeat the information found on the link below.:ninja:

Check it out.

** Link has been removed **

:embarrased: Sorry about that, I put the wrong link on to this post...  :embarrased:

I went a head and deleted the link since it is already posted below, I moved the link to a new post that I made, I intended to put up a link to the gears online webpage.  :embarrased:
« Last Edit: July 17, 2007, 10:48:59 AM by clee-cm »
Order custom printed t-shirts at tilluminati.

July 17, 2007, 07:50:02 AM
Reply #198

ninjascience

• Information
    • View Profile
    • mechascientific
I think you posted the wrong link.  That one goes to an online book shop that sells the novels. 

Tachyon of GearsOnline and I worked on this together.  We recently posted the "good guy" MP suits, the Xeku Enforcer and the GM Cannon IV.  Pretty soon I should have the "bad guy" MP suits up as well. 

I'm not sure what tie in there may be to AoZ...  did you see something I didn't?

The designs are top-notch IMHO and way more interesting than other recent 'official' gundam releases.

http://www.mechascientific.com/meaninglesswar
http://www.gearsonline.net/gundam/meaninglesswar/

July 17, 2007, 08:01:39 AM
Reply #199

Anchang

• Mohawk-Bot
  • Information
  • Keep away from children
    • View Profile
His link leads to a book store that is selling a modeling book called Meaningless War.  It has some nice pictures in it.  That first page that is linked ask if the viewer is 18+ if you are click on the little button that says ”hai” or the button on the left. That will lead you to the page.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2007, 08:02:39 AM by Anchang »
Also Known as Havok
Colbert      2008