Author Topic: GB2: AoZ Reference and Questions  (Read 66703 times)

January 31, 2006, 08:53:13 AM
Reply #140

Marc

• Information
  • Le Moderator
    • View Profile
I don't know where it's from. Just saw it on 2ch.
I'd love a HGUC TTT Gaplant since I've always wanted a Gaplant but R10 didn't have any in stock when I made my order for the vol. 4 (well a Dom Tropen is fine too :D ).

January 31, 2006, 08:34:15 PM
Reply #141

Waverider

• Information
    • View Profile
Hey Ezechiel thanks for the latest informations and photos! They are of great help. It's Chinese new year period now and I busy with almost everything else but my TTT Gaplant which makes me kinda sad  :cry: Time to work on it now :)

February 02, 2006, 11:57:17 PM
Reply #142

Garylok

• Information
    • View Profile
Sorry im new to FFF and also new to the GB we have here but i find it very interesting and since i still have a few months to go till the next deadline, i was hoping that i could participate in this GB2. My only problems is understanding what "Advance of Zeta" means. Ive only watched 8thMS and Gundam Seed/Destiny so i might be missing some screws.

Can anyone fill me in please? To make it easier, can i use any MG GM's or Goufs/Zakus? Sorry i didnt mean for anyone to hold my hand through this type of thing but yeh.. Thanks in advance *prays he doesnt get banned for asking noob question*

February 03, 2006, 06:39:16 AM
Reply #143

Bazookafied

• Information
    • View Profile
    • Titans Test Team Arc
Not exactly a "n00b" question my my definitions, but its certainly something you could've found on your own.

In any case, Advance of Zeta is based in a time period before Stardust Memory 0083 and Zeta Gundam.  You're missing quite alot of general information just by not seeing either of those series, as the Advance of Zeta story fits in-between them and "bridges the gap" for those two series.  Theres plenty more story information I could go on and on about, but I'd be here for awhile.

In regards to your "Can I use a GM, Gouf, or Zaku" question is simple to answer though.  Firstly, you might like to take a look at the AoZ Wiki> http://aoz.numinalabs.com/index.php/Main_Page

Theres plenty of information there.  Go the Category "Mechanics" under the Titans Test Team.  There you'll find an alphabetized list of Mobile Suit images and profiles.

Really, the Advance of Zeta story focuses on the military group "Titans", a faction of the EFF (which you should be familiar with from 08th MS Team) who's purpose is to clean up Zeon Remnaints from the OYW, so technically you could use that Gouf and that Zaku as Zeon Remnaints forces.  The Titans Mobile Suits, as you'll quickly find out from looking at the Wiki, are designed off of Base models like the GM and the GM Quel, as well as lots of prototype transformable Mobile Suits that can be found in Zeta Gundam.

Your knowledge of 08th MS Team can help a little bit as far as Zeonic designs go, but the SEED information is useless here, as its all in a different timeline/century.
Bazookafied

Visit the Tł Arc!

February 03, 2006, 06:40:01 AM
Reply #144

ninjascience

• Information
    • View Profile
    • mechascientific
Advance of Zeta is a side story that takes place before Zeta gundam (so after 8th MS team series you are familiar with).  The story and MS designs are serialized in Dengeki Hobby Magazine out of Japan.  I maintain a wiki that has all the info you could ever want on AoZ, the link is in my signature.  

I'm a big fan so I don't mind answering any noob questions!  I love to talk about AoZ!  Check out the wiki and if you have any other questions I'm sure we can answer them here :-)

EDIT: looks like Bazookafied and I posted at the same time.  Looks like he had a typo too, AoZ takes place BETWEEN Stardust Memory and Zeta.  Also, I'm not really an authority on what is allowed in the Group Build, but they have seemed pretty open in the past, as long as it was plausible, you could be creative.

February 03, 2006, 07:20:46 AM
Reply #145

Garylok

• Information
    • View Profile
Thanks for the help guys, i did try to do some google on AOZ but it came up with a pictures of the AOZ mobile suits and they were HGUC 1/144. Personally i prefer 1/100 MG, and im not very familiar with my Gunpla. Its true that if i spent more time researching on what AOZ was, sorry about that, i guess i rushed into things as i am so excited about doing a new project right after i graduate from college in a month and a bit!

February 03, 2006, 07:51:56 AM
Reply #146

Marc

• Information
  • Le Moderator
    • View Profile
Just received the AoZ 4, unfortunately no new content at all but it's still great to have all the artworks and way cheaper than to buy DH. Gorgeous cover btw.
I had no idea the Fiver could bring two units with it...

February 03, 2006, 10:06:06 AM
Reply #147

ninjascience

• Information
    • View Profile
    • mechascientific
nice!  Any more pics in there of the Fiver in MS mode?

February 03, 2006, 11:19:22 AM
Reply #148

Marc

• Information
  • Le Moderator
    • View Profile
None, only the artwork you saw. You also see it in MA mode in the fiver...well parts of it. The head is cool, like the original but with a V-fin.
the Galbady is nice too.

February 03, 2006, 11:22:29 AM
Reply #149

ninjascience

• Information
    • View Profile
    • mechascientific
HLJ will be shipping my copy soon, I think it has a few things from DHM that I haven't seen yet like the Official Art Book from the October issue or the Arsenal Report from the September issue.  Is all that artwork in there?

February 03, 2006, 12:27:30 PM
Reply #150

Marc

• Information
  • Le Moderator
    • View Profile
I guess... not sure what's the Arsenal Report.
EDIT: a nice Zaku Surtzer http://www.zlpla.co.kr/zeroboard/view.php?id=gallery&no=495 I think I posted the wip.

February 03, 2006, 09:02:00 PM
Reply #151

Major Blah

• Bloody Canadian
  • Information
  • oink!
    • View Profile
    • SquintyEyes
Yeah, Ezechiel thanks for posting both the WIP and the finished Zaku Stutzer.

That's really really really sweet.

February 04, 2006, 05:07:43 PM
Reply #152

Waverider

• Information
    • View Profile
Well if this tickles anyone's fancy, this is the link to a 1/60 Hazel custom paper model

http://www.tamasoft.co.jp/pepakura-en/gallery/gallerydetails.php?id=56#NO

30cm tall. Its kinda kinky if you ask me but just for the benefit of those who might find it interesting :lol:

February 05, 2006, 03:42:01 PM
Reply #153

Lingwendil

• Information
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/lingwendil/
Wait, how do you print that? PDO file?

That's a siilly hazel, I want it!
Pain fades, chicks dig scars, and glory is forever.

February 06, 2006, 07:53:34 AM
Reply #154

Mrex-sgundam

• OPE
  • Information
  • Wow, time flies.
    • View Profile
Hey I just ordered my copy of AoZ vol.4 (this is my first book) are there any pitures of the Icarus Unit in here or are they in Vol.1-3
Hey, how's it going?

March 22, 2006, 01:59:57 AM
Reply #155

Marc

• Information
  • Le Moderator
    • View Profile
AoZU is a bit quiet since GB3 started so here's another AoZ kit from zpla:
http://www.zlpla.co.kr/zeroboard/view.php?id=gallery&no=588
The shoulder mod is a bit too big but otherwise it looks just fantastic!

March 22, 2006, 07:06:18 PM
Reply #156

Asmodeous

• Information
    • View Profile
That looks hella cool.  I wonder about the additional forearms on the back and have no idea what they are for but it looks cool.

March 22, 2006, 07:14:42 PM
Reply #157

FichtenFoo

• Michael Fichtenmayer
  • Information
  • Administrator
  • 16 bits of fun
    • View Profile
    • FichtenFoo.com
Nice Stutzer Goog! THose extra arms are discussed somewhere in this thread I believe. They're very cool actually!

March 28, 2006, 12:30:16 AM
Reply #158

eien

• Information
    • View Profile
Hey, been noticing about this GB and finally decided to join. noticing how Hazel can be converted into a whole bunch of different ways, I have been thinking... is there a newtype unit for Hazel? If not, I want to try customizing that. Btw I just joined and awaiting the activation. Also... I don't recall but is there a tree that shows every conversion for Hazel? Either that, or I'm out of my mind :shock:  :shock:
urrent projects: Guncannon Mass Production Type, GM BLitz

Soon to Start: Burnig Team of Torrington Base.

March 28, 2006, 12:58:43 PM
Reply #159

ninjascience

• Information
    • View Profile
    • mechascientific

This chart (should be viewed side by side) shows the evolution of the Hazel.

There's no newtype Hazel as of now.  There are some theories that the TR-6 box on the far left of the first pic, which currently is an unknown MS (Hazel is TR-1), is a newtype piloted MS, especially given the fact that with all the extra stuff they keep adding to the Hazel, a non-newtype would have trouble using all the equipment.

I'd love to see your take on Newtype piloted Hazel ;-)