Author Topic: GB2: AoZ Reference and Questions  (Read 66706 times)

January 19, 2006, 09:20:48 AM
Reply #120

Bazookafied

• Information
    • View Profile
    • Titans Test Team Arc
Yeah... if they continue any more sweet additions for the Hazel, my dendrobium project ideas will never stop!  Theres just too much I can do to it now!  

I really think that the model combination of the Hazel Custom, two g-packs, and the gaplant booster is genious designing as well as marketing.  

Anyone have any better pictures of those Hazel shoulders that lock with the G-pack rifles?  I think ninjascience posted a picture of those here not too long ago, but it was just lineart.  I haven't seen anything of it since.
Bazookafied

Visit the Tł Arc!

January 19, 2006, 09:28:35 AM
Reply #121

ninjascience

• Information
    • View Profile
    • mechascientific
That pic is in the Feb DHM.  Deacon from TTT Arc scaned the whole page for me, but I didn't want to impose and ask him to do high-def scans of the linart details too.  I'll be getting my own copy next week and posting nice high-def scans then.  Until then you'll have to settle with http://www.flickr.com/photos/ninjascience/82264129/ and http://www.flickr.com/photos/ninjascience/82264207/.  In that first link, under the detail of that shoulder, you can also see how the heat blade pops out of the Long Blade Rifle for a sweet bayonet like mode.

January 22, 2006, 09:21:54 PM
Reply #122

Mrex-sgundam

• OPE
  • Information
  • Wow, time flies.
    • View Profile
I found this and wonder would this be acceptable.

Titans RX-78-2 from Gihren's Greed
Hey, how's it going?

January 25, 2006, 08:01:34 AM
Reply #123

Major Blah

• Bloody Canadian
  • Information
  • oink!
    • View Profile
    • SquintyEyes
A question for the AoZ experts here:

What are the differences between the original "Hazel" and "Advanced Hazel" aside from the these ones I spotted?  

- new head sensor
- new shield booster (HGUC version) and rear mount
- new feet/heel unit
- new front skirt & sub arm unit
- new block in front of cockpit area
- new paint scheme of course

I might have missed some of the subtler points.  Thanks for your insight!

January 25, 2006, 08:16:13 AM
Reply #124

ninjascience

• Information
    • View Profile
    • mechascientific
The Advanced Hazel is basically the same as the Hazel Custom, plus a few extras.  

The Hazel Custom was meant to be a more complete build of the original Hazel.  While the features that made the Hazel what it was were just sort of 'add-ons' to a GM Quel, the Hazel Custom was a more complete and integrated build of the same basic features, while also making improvments based on combat data from the orginal Hazel.  From your list it had these features:

- new front skirt & sub arm unit
- new block in front of cockpit area

The sub-arm unit actually attaches to a multipurpose latch that allows a variety of equipment to be mounted there.  Most commonly we see the sub-arm unit, but a beam-rifle holder can also be attached.  It also serves to help attach the G-Parts to make the Hazel-Rah or the Icarus Unit.

The Advanced Hazel is the same machine that was the Hazel II, but upgraded to match the specs of the Hazel Custom, plus a few extras.

- new head sensor
- new shield booster (HGUC version) and rear mount
- new feet/heel unit

At the time of it's development it was considered the final phase of design.  The core MS doesn't change after that, except for adding more option parts (Hazel-Rah).  The next step in the evolution of the Hazel series was a mass production design that has a slightly different chest and shoulders (pictured in Feb. DHM).

There's more information on the Hazel Series at the wiki of course ;-)

A list of all the designs in this series (minus the Mass Production type) can be found here

January 25, 2006, 09:09:25 AM
Reply #125

Major Blah

• Bloody Canadian
  • Information
  • oink!
    • View Profile
    • SquintyEyes
Thanks ninjascience to your explainations, you're always so helpful.

Yeah I checked the Wiki before I posted and those are some of my observations.  I was never really too hot about the Hazel when it first came out, but the Advanced Hazel has struck a soft spot in my heart.  :oops:  :lol:

Thanks again!

January 30, 2006, 02:29:11 AM
Reply #126

Marc

• Information
  • Le Moderator
    • View Profile
AoZ vol.4 seems to be out:

I ordered it yesterday on R10 (plus some tools and a HGUC Dom Tropen Sand Brown :) ). I chose EMS so it shouldn't be too long...can't wait :D
Also saw that on 2chan, might be useful for Waverider and his Gaplant:

January 30, 2006, 07:01:45 AM
Reply #127

ninjascience

• Information
    • View Profile
    • mechascientific
nice!  That is the Fiver with the side binders pivoted downwards.  Very cool!  Once again you've found some great brand new images!

Thanks!

January 30, 2006, 01:08:54 PM
Reply #128

Mrex-sgundam

• OPE
  • Information
  • Wow, time flies.
    • View Profile
Hey E what is the name of the zeta looking mobile suit behind the hazel?
Hey, how's it going?

January 30, 2006, 01:13:35 PM
Reply #129

ninjascience

• Information
    • View Profile
    • mechascientific
i'm 99% sure that is the TTT Gaplant.  It's head has been Hazel-fied.  It has the 'sensor-mowhack' and the tradtional gundam prongs.

January 30, 2006, 01:26:55 PM
Reply #130

Mrex-sgundam

• OPE
  • Information
  • Wow, time flies.
    • View Profile
O ok thanks for clearing that up ninja, because  everytime I see the  TTT gaplant I can never see its face.
Hey, how's it going?

January 30, 2006, 01:45:23 PM
Reply #131

ninjascience

• Information
    • View Profile
    • mechascientific
yeah, that cover is the best I've seen so far, and even that one is not totally clear.

http://ninjascience.blogspot.com

I blogged about that cover a little while ago but thought it was something else first.  Then a friend was like 'no way, that's a Gaplant!'  After taking another look I agreeed.  Even this brand new pic that Ezekiel posted today has the face mostly in shadow.  All you can really see is the light from the 'mohawk sensor'

January 30, 2006, 02:05:16 PM
Reply #132

Major Blah

• Bloody Canadian
  • Information
  • oink!
    • View Profile
    • SquintyEyes
Hey another slew of questions for the experts:

From the prototype development scans from ninjascience's blog (which is very interesting btw), seems like the Advanced Hazel should have a more beefed up chest and shoulder armour, and carrying the Mk-II shield...So did the HGUC kit took the short cut of reusing mold and in effect "cheated"?

Also, the cores of the MS's featured in the development chart is in either tan or light blue...seems to me that it implies parts carried over from the previous design(s)...But I'm kinda confused of what it really means.  That chart is somewhat confusing to me, part of the reason being so pretty... :lol:

January 30, 2006, 02:13:46 PM
Reply #133

ninjascience

• Information
    • View Profile
    • mechascientific
The Advanced Hazel on that chart (#11) is incorrect.  Over at the TTT forums we all agree that's a typo, they accidentally reused the graphic for #13 (Mass-Productive Prototype).  Notice the lines lead off to the left to 'TR-6'.  That's a mystery MS we haven't seen yet.  The TR-6 designation seems to indicate it will be a new core MS (everything on this chart is still basically a GM Quel underneath all the extras).  Mark Simmons, who translated some little tiny text found elsewhere in that DHM, found some notes about the TR-6 including a new version of the G-Parts that can dock with the MS without having to be inside a hangar (a limitation of the current Hazel-Rah, the G-Parts must be attached in a hangar, they cannot dock/un-dock by themselves out in space).  So our current theory is that the TR-6 is a new core MS, with a new G-Parts system.

I wouldn't read too much into what the colors mean on that chart.  I haven't been able to make sense of what they are trying to indicate there, my current best guess is it just serves to highlight which parts are new to that development stage (the white parts), but it doesn't always seem that way.

January 30, 2006, 03:48:15 PM
Reply #134

Major Blah

• Bloody Canadian
  • Information
  • oink!
    • View Profile
    • SquintyEyes
Thanks for the clarification.  If #13, the mass produced type, looks like that with the new chest and shoulder I think it's even hotter than the Adv. Hazel.  Now I'm excited to see this new TR-6.  Any guesses so far?  Maybe it would feature the super gundam concept...but that seems to be too Rah-ish.  

Yeah I tried to picture the white parts as the new addition to each stage, and it doesn't quite work out too.  I'll simply ignore the colors.  

Thanks again!

January 30, 2006, 03:54:54 PM
Reply #135

ninjascience

• Information
    • View Profile
    • mechascientific
I like the look of #13 too.  Those shoulders can mount the Long Blade Rifle of the Hazel-Rah, imagine two long blade rifles, one mounted to each shoulder >:-)  wicked!

Besides what I've already said about the TR-6, we are guessing that is uses concepts from #13, which in turn is based on the Hazel Custom.  It could be that the TR-6 is the result of all the ideas and combat data from the entire Hazel Series compiled into one brand new MS.  Another theory thrown around the TTT Forum is that it's a psycho gundam prototype.

January 31, 2006, 06:07:11 AM
Reply #136

Marc

• Information
  • Le Moderator
    • View Profile
Again I just make the link between you and 2chan, the TTT Gaplant:

Sweet but I hope there are also some new Zeon prototypes in the volume 4.
I can't remember if those volumes have some exclusive content or if they're only compilations of what you can already find in DH.

January 31, 2006, 06:59:56 AM
Reply #137

ninjascience

• Information
    • View Profile
    • mechascientific
Are you sure these are from Vol. 4?  Could they be from March DHM?  The image of the cover you posted was a pic of the cover on a page, making me think it might be an ad from DHM.  Also, last month's DHM said the next photonovel episode was titled "Fiver", which are the next two pics you posted.

Either way... THANK YOU!

this is a sweet shot, gives us a little better view of the Fiver in MS mode.

January 31, 2006, 07:18:03 AM
Reply #138

FichtenFoo

• Michael Fichtenmayer
  • Information
  • Administrator
  • 16 bits of fun
    • View Profile
    • FichtenFoo.com
That is sweet. I hope that becomes at least an HGUC kit.

January 31, 2006, 08:34:13 AM
Reply #139

ninjascience

• Information
    • View Profile
    • mechascientific
makes sense financially, since they already have an HGUC Gaplant.  It just needs a new head and all the Fiver parts.