Author Topic: Problem with Sand the nubs  (Read 2291 times)

January 20, 2008, 11:22:58 PM
Read 2291 times

Jasonps3

• Information
    • View Profile
I'm new at posting here,

I'm currently building my MG Destiny Gundam and some of the nubs are in the way of the details on the kit. I tried to sand the nubs down without sanding away on the details. I sand, sand, sand and I couldn't remove the rest of the nubs unless I sand away the the detail. On top of that, there's this detail line (or scribe trim line) on the outside of the part so when you connect the wrist side it will create a panel line between the two parts. THAT IS WHERE THE NUBS ARE! So I got a double wammy here. Not only that I have to fear of sanding down the detail but also the panel line as well. hears the pic:

Sorry about the picture, but the nubs are between the wrist and lower arm connection. Should I use putty on it to remove the panel line? Someone please help me on this problem.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2008, 11:28:41 PM by Jasonps3 »

January 27, 2008, 10:40:53 AM
Reply #1

CHAOS|ZERO

• Information
    • View Profile
Whaat I did- Take aPic of the part and highlight the Panel lines. ThenSand until the Nub is gone, If the detail Is gone you can just rescribe it back. Also If you want to make a scriber all you need is a needle and mechanical pencil ;)

March 19, 2008, 08:27:51 PM
Reply #2

oteebzo

• Information
    • View Profile
Or you can use the back of a hobby knife blade

March 19, 2008, 08:58:42 PM
Reply #3

AnatoleFarmond

• Fairly Useless
  • Information
  • Help Editors
    • View Profile
I also heeded the mechanical pencil with a needle, and it works wonders.
Although, I have a phobia of needles, and whenever I poke myself it's drastic. I hate being clumsy.

As for sanding, I use about a 600 grit sand paper, and it usually sands the nubs smooth with minimal detail loss, you don't have to sand the part to nothing for the nubs to go away. At least I have noticed it. Though, on this not... When sanding, if over sanded and a rounded edge is created in a part. Say, you have a flat surface, and you sand it and it becomes rounded or uneven, how do you fix it?
"No matter how good you get, there will always be someone better than yourself." ~ Char Aznable