October 24, 2014, 08:23:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length
News: New Spambot Filters
New spambot controls have been implemented. I've deleted over 100 spambot accounts this evening. If your account was deleted, please resign up. If you cannot sign-up, please let us know.

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
  Print  
Author Topic: Titans Test Team Tetra Threat  (Read 20345 times)
Funaka
W? FTP!
Help Editors

Look into my EYES!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #120 on: October 18, 2008, 03:33:20 PM »

Ha! That's great!  LOL Big Grin

I do feel kinda burnt out. But I've had kind of a break these last two weeks as I slowly assembled these four models and did the photography. Now that it's done my workbench is free and there's another part of me, the crazy driven, creative part that says, "I'm FREEEEEEEE!! After 10 months I can build anything I want!!!" Every couple days I start dreaming of a different, mod-heavy project I've had on my mind to build...

I have several snapped kits that I can take on next and I think I'll pick a couple easy ones both for some fast gratification and to practice my painting skills, which are rusty (and weren't that great to begin with). I'm 90% sure my next project will be a HGUC Sazabi with as few mods as I can stand. I may try some panel lines and making the head and chest a little sharper, but that's it. I already have some custom decals made for it.

Hopefully in the next 6 months I can roll out 3 or 4 models each meant to practice some skills I need to work on, but none of which will be as crazy as the Hazels. Aside from the Sazabi, I have a couple of Zaku 2.0s that would be good for general painting skills. I have a Scopedog that would be a great testbed for weathering and a natural display base. Also, I have a couple of those super cheap Strike Daggers that would be fun to test out mobility mods. I have a GM Custom that needs both better surface detail and mobility... I could go on for several years just with the kits I have on hand and all the ideas I have in my head for them!

"I don't belong to an organized political party. I'm a Democrat." - Will Rogers

Please visit Funakatown
Also, see my report on the Bandai Gunpla World Cup 2010

FichtenFoo
Model On!
Administrator

16 bits of fun

View Profile WWW
« Reply #121 on: October 18, 2008, 04:16:46 PM »

FYI: The mods and I decided to wait a bit for you to finish since you were 99% done at the deadline. Now the contest is officially over and judging can begin!

Rust is beautiful.
chaos_theory
Is Boldy Going Nowhere
Help Editors

I think he did a little too much LDS in the 60's

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 18, 2008, 08:00:34 PM »

Just amazing! I've been anticipating the finished set and it does not disappoint. These are going in my favorites folder, all 80 of them  Tongue

Good luck in the AoZ compy. BTW how was the IPMS show?

"Don't tell me. You're from outer space."
"No, I'm from Iowa. I only work in outer space."
Funaka
W? FTP!
Help Editors

Look into my EYES!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #123 on: October 18, 2008, 10:21:20 PM »

FYI: The mods and I decided to wait a bit for you to finish since you were 99% done at the deadline. Now the contest is officially over and judging can begin!

Thanks a lot! Maybe all that effort will actually pay off (see below  ).

Just amazing! I've been anticipating the finished set and it does not disappoint. These are going in my favorites folder, all 80 of them  Tongue

Good luck in the AoZ compy. BTW how was the IPMS show?

Thanks for the compliment! The IPMS show... well, those guys just don't like the same stuff we do. It was a good show and I really enjoyed seeing all the models. For an aviation buff and occasional airplane builder like me, there was some real winged eye candy to see. The disappointing thing was that my TTTTT got nothing.  Razz But my Freedom Gundam got 3rd place. Not that my Freedom Gundam sucks, but it exists on a whole other simpler plane that the TTTTT. I feel like I beat myself, and with a lesser modle!  Sick Second place went to a well-made, glossy, but 95% stock HGUC Nu. First went to a little 1/76 scale MaK Nutrocker. On another forum I summed up the winners as 3. Stars and Stripes! 2. Bright Shiny Object!  1. A Tank! Anticipating the judges bias towards the familiar and ignorance of Gundam, I put out an 18-page booklet summarizing the WIP for the Hazels, but... 

"I don't belong to an organized political party. I'm a Democrat." - Will Rogers

Please visit Funakatown
Also, see my report on the Bandai Gunpla World Cup 2010
blackito
Paragon of Justice

Bonta-Kun Hates You !!!

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 18, 2008, 11:22:12 PM »

If Funaka doesn't win something (which won't happen anyways) am going on a rampage. I've just finished my midterms too so I have a lot of frustration to take out on something. God knows what might happen 
I like the promotional poster! It's really cool.

この世界を守りたい
AnatoleFarmond
Fairly Useless
Help Editors

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 18, 2008, 11:54:11 PM »

It's good to hear this model didn't wash you out completely, and I bet it really fine tuned your talents even more; it will be nice to see what you produce from here on out, and yeah, this was one of my most anticipated builds of this build off, and I'm really happy to see it finished in time, and that it was even the deadline extension; the other contestants have some great builds as well, I'm really interested to see what comes up for the end. Best of luck in the judging Funaka, and looking forward to more great work.

"No matter how good you get, there will always be someone better than yourself." ~ Char Aznable
  Print  

Jump to: