Author Topic: AirBrush parts Help!  (Read 12069 times)

October 24, 2007, 10:21:44 PM
Reply #20

clee-cm

• Tilluminati.com
  • Information
  • nobody said it was going to be easy...
    • View Profile
    • digitalblend-cl
1.) I've been to every store in my city an I still can't seem to find a bottle of "Future Floor Wax" at any store.

I can't help here, I found a local ACE Hardware here in San Diego.

2.) I've giving up on running a 2 airbrush set. After bothering you guys and not being able to find parts for my Sparmax airbrush. But I still need help buying a hose for my "Iwata Evolution (CR) airbrush" the problem is I don't know what kind of hose to buy. and Iwata hose or a Sparmax hose and which one? Because it has to run off a Sparmax Compressor. Does it matter what kind of hose I get.

The simplest thing to remember is that you need to buy the hose made by the specific Airbrush manufacturer, i.e. a iwata airbrush uses a iwata hose, yes they make several types of hoses, just pick one and use it.

3.) I hope to invest in a "Drill" for modeling does anyone have any suggestion. I was looking at this one don't of it's any good.

I use a small cordless hand drill that I can recharge, and I also use to have a Dremel motor tool. For plastic modeling, you don't need a expensive or large one.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2007, 10:23:42 PM by clee-cm »
Order custom printed t-shirts at tilluminati.

October 27, 2007, 01:53:30 AM
Reply #21

xdabblex

• Information
    • View Profile
Clee-cm I want you to check this out if you have time.
you were recommending me to just go ahead and buy the Iwata airhose for my
airbrush but it doest fit. I think i need to buy another connection, maybe something that go in between the
airbrush and the hose on the Bigger part. and I don't know which end is which. By which I mean Female and Male end.
The last hose I had, had two of the same ends. 2 female or male ends. Which is what I need I think. Just take a look at the pictures and let me know what you think. Flickr look at (IMGP2891) and (Sparmax-hose_02, Sparmax-hose_03) Ooh, you can also leave comments if you want.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2007, 01:55:12 AM by xdabblex »

October 27, 2007, 02:05:23 AM
Reply #22

xdabblex

• Information
    • View Profile
I think I found what I need being that the hose I got I just found out is a freaking baager hose. Anyway I think I need an Adapter 
Click here That's the same hose to on that page.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2007, 02:08:22 AM by xdabblex »

October 27, 2007, 12:57:24 PM
Reply #23

clee-cm

• Tilluminati.com
  • Information
  • nobody said it was going to be easy...
    • View Profile
    • digitalblend-cl
Ok, now that I had a look at the photos, I have clearer idea as to what is going on, the sparmax hose is using the same connector on both ends. I am guessing that Iwata and Sparmax are using the same fittings.

The Iwata hose has the hex nut female end attaches to the compressor, and the rounded female connector attaches to the airbrush.

I did some looking around, and found Sparmax's website, they do sell the needed adapters for the compressor and airbrush, they also sell the replacement hoses, but they don't have a online store, so you will have to email them if you what to buy the parts.

Here is the URL

One important note, are you sure you were sold a badger hose? Is there a business where you live that sells air compressor equipment? May be they can help, I am not talking about going to Home Depot.

« Last Edit: October 27, 2007, 01:00:51 PM by clee-cm »
Order custom printed t-shirts at tilluminati.

February 08, 2008, 10:30:14 PM
Reply #24

oteebzo

• Information
    • View Profile
There are 2 different threads to hook up to your compressor.Either your iwata hose line or there is an adaptor from badger to fit. there are many sites to check out bearair.com which I have mentioned in past post also harborfrieght which I have also mentioned for cheap look alikes that will work with other airbrush parts and there is coastairbrush.com which IS THE BEST FOR iWATA NEEDS. If you do have anyother questions please feel free to ask at anytime.