Author Topic: Modifying no grade Gundam Seed kits(1/100)  (Read 1791 times)

syn13

• View Profile
Modifying no grade Gundam Seed kits(1/100)
« on: September 11, 2007, 06:51:17 PM »
I absolutely hate the no grade Strike Freedom and I'm still a little new around here so I'm not too family with the sections at the moment.

The no grade 1/100 Strike Freedom has several things that I hate such as:
-Huge head or small torso
-No pose ability to it
-Very plain looking.

So question to the veteran builders here, could you guys direct me to any sources for modifications and etc or some threads?

Thanks all.
MOD EDIT: Sig image removed. Read image posting guidelines and do not repost.

DrDazzle

• back to formula?
    • View Profile
Re: Modifying no grade Gundam Seed kits(1/100)
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2007, 10:46:56 PM »
Well, typically NG kits are made to be inexpensive simple kits. Unfortunately that translates the need for lots of paint, lack of posability, and sometimes bad proportions (though the NG RX-78-2 and Zaku II have some of the best proportions for those mechs I have ever seen in the GunPla world). Most people only bought the NG kits because they made basically every SEED MS into a NG kit, and people I guess didn't want to wait for HG versions.

Personally, I think since there are about 20 different scales, grades, and versions to the Freedom, you would be better off buying a new kit. I don't think the HG 1/144 would be more than like $15 USD. Probably less. It just seems like a waste of time and effort to try to make an NG SEED kit workable IMO, since Bandai apparently cannot get enough of SEED and keeps making kits, there are probably more SEED kits total than MGs or HGUCs.

Good luck to you though.