Author Topic: BAKUC NORTH AMERICA ONLINE!  (Read 40748 times)

HYM

• View Profile
    • Got Mech?
Re: BAKUC NORTH AMERICA ONLINE!
« Reply #40 on: September 13, 2007, 03:54:04 AM »
Good day red comet! :)

I also had that problem last sept 10. What i did was similar to FichtenFoo's suggestion. :)
Good luck!

Let me know what the issues are and either I or the programmer can fix them. The avatar needs an image larger than 120 pixels. I found that out by making mine 120 square first. Load a bigger image then crop it for now.

FichtenFoo:
Congrats for the design of the site. It looks great! :)

By the way, i have a couple of Qs. I dont know who to direct them to so il just post them here.
-How does a modeler get to have those classes (expert, advanced, intermediate, beginner)?
-Does it affect the voting if you win or not (monthly contest) if people place you in a beginner class?
-And can we know who are the judges? hehehe.. ":)_

Thats all for now.

More power to the bakuc.com site and again congrats to all the people that was involved in this project! :)

-Hentai_Yin_Moko

FichtenFoo

• Model On!
  • Administrator
  • 16 bits of fun
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fichtenfoo.com
« Reply #41 on: September 13, 2007, 07:57:01 AM »
Well, that's why is says "Ver Beta" at the top guys. It's functioning and usable enough to meet the BAKUC NA deadline, but the programmer is still making fixes. My work is pretty much done except for adding text, content, and new graphics when needed. He knows about the bugs and is working hard to correct them. Just give it some time and all will be as it should be.

Ok, the problem I'm having now is that my avatar wont show in my account. It uploads fine but when i click the done button, nothing happens. When using Firefox (my default), clicking the done button does nothing at all. With IE7, I notice that a little message appears in the bottom left corner reading "error on page".

Any ideas?

He's know about this before we went live... I actually was the one to first find this bug. You just need to upload something larger than 125 px square. If you want a perfect size, do as I did and make the avatar the size you want, then add blank space around it and crop in the system. Until you "crop" you cannot "save. At least for now.

He has a list of priority fixes and things. Firefox was at the top. Comments generating an "You got a comment here: XXXXX" email was next (and done) and I think the firum is next. He's been fixing the minor errors inbetween. Again, it's a beta so be patient, but let us know bugs as it helps us get it perfect.

By the way, i have a couple of Qs. I dont know who to direct them to so il just post them here.
-How does a modeler get to have those classes (expert, advanced, intermediate, beginner)?
-Does it affect the voting if you win or not (monthly contest) if people place you in a beginner class?
-And can we know who are the judges? hehehe.. ":)_

Thats all for now.

More power to the bakuc.com site and again congrats to all the people that was involved in this project! :)

-Hentai_Yin_Moko

Thanks. In answer to your questions, to get a class to enter pick it from your profile and/or get voted into a class. Not sure if one overrides the other.

Monthly contests will later be for specific classes such as Junior: Beginner or Open Intermediate. Don't forget to join the random draw comps.

Judges: 50% Masked Bakuc, 25% everyone's votes, and 25% Myself, Zerobxu, Ezechiel, Sean Lee, and now Phil.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2007, 08:02:18 AM by FichtenFoo »
Rust is beautiful.

FichtenFoo

• Model On!
  • Administrator
  • 16 bits of fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 13, 2007, 08:04:48 AM »
BTW: I'm asking if we can get the Masked BAKUC to sign up and enter his works too. That'd be a LOT of fun! You can see some of his stuff on his blog.

http://www.bandai-hobby.net/english/blog.html
Rust is beautiful.

nico

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 13, 2007, 10:40:30 AM »
Well I created a ancount uploaded pics but I can't see my profil into the modelers list. ???

I PM'd you about that last night I believe. Your pic is broken for some reason so we can't "approve" the entry. (You need at least one active entry toa ppear in the modelers list) You'll need to fix it by going to edit in the header, deleting that one broken pic, then adding the rest usign IE. Sorry about this... they're working on these bugs.

Thanks Mike. I just read your PM. As we say in france "on essiue les plâtres"  literal translation : we are drying plasters.

Red Comet

• Whaa?!?!
    • View Profile
    • The Ghost of Zeon
« Reply #44 on: September 13, 2007, 01:34:56 PM »
Ok, the problem I'm having now is that my avatar wont show in my account. It uploads fine but when i click the done button, nothing happens. When using Firefox (my default), clicking the done button does nothing at all. With IE7, I notice that a little message appears in the bottom left corner reading "error on page".

Any ideas?

He's know about this before we went live... I actually was the one to first find this bug. You just need to upload something larger than 125 px square. If you want a perfect size, do as I did and make the avatar the size you want, then add blank space around it and crop in the system. Until you "crop" you cannot "save. At least for now.

Thanks, I'll give that a try later.

nico

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 14, 2007, 10:05:02 AM »
 :bruce: It doesn't work

FichtenFoo

• Model On!
  • Administrator
  • 16 bits of fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 14, 2007, 10:18:49 AM »
Explain and/or email me screen caps please so he can get to the bottom of it. I tested it and it worked out fine. Are you getting a blank screen after cropping? Is the save button not working?
Rust is beautiful.

CaptainPlastic

« Reply #47 on: September 16, 2007, 05:52:04 AM »
Removed.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2007, 01:30:58 AM by CaptainPlastic »

FichtenFoo

• Model On!
  • Administrator
  • 16 bits of fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 16, 2007, 05:54:01 AM »
I just checked... any time you make an update to your entry it gets put into the approval queue and removed from the site. This is to prevent pron and other nonsense. Once it's approved it'll be back again. In fact, I'll go approve it now. ;-)
Rust is beautiful.

fredpekker

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 16, 2007, 12:15:24 PM »
Probably just a minor thing, but I noticed it today and figured I'd give the heads up. When you look through the Modelers section, the same modelers pop up on multiple pages. In some instances, the same name pops up on three of the five pages. Like I said, probably not a major bug, but felt I should mention it.

CaptainPlastic

« Reply #50 on: September 16, 2007, 05:13:38 PM »
Removed.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2007, 01:29:54 AM by CaptainPlastic »

reversed_edge

• View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/edged_lair
« Reply #51 on: September 16, 2007, 07:27:09 PM »
Hi Congratulations on the bakuc site, I just have a simple problem. Is there a way to choose what photo of your model gets displayed on the Icon? Because the In progress or the not so good angles were the one showing up as the main pic.
img]http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b294/makkross/duel1.jpg[/img]
http://www.geocities.com/edged_lair http://www.mechapinoy.net

Ezechiel

• Le Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 17, 2007, 12:19:24 AM »
After you add a picture, you should be able to move a cursor on it to choose which part will be the Thumbnail.
(>:3) JESUS CHRIST IT'S A LION GET IN THE CAR!

FichtenFoo

• Model On!
  • Administrator
  • 16 bits of fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 17, 2007, 04:09:08 AM »
it's the order number. Set the order number lower than all the other numbers on your photos (default is 10)
Rust is beautiful.

FichtenFoo

• Model On!
  • Administrator
  • 16 bits of fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 11, 2007, 02:43:36 PM »
2007 North America Winners!

Congratulations to the following winners of the Bandai Action Kit Universal Cup 2007 Semi-Final for North America! Keep submitting your modeling photos and check back soon for information on how to enter the BAKUC 2008 contest!

http://www.bakuc.com/

Expert Class (Open)
bad_andy » Sazabi: Medieval Custom

Expert Class (Junior)
marioman » Mg Freeedom Gundam

Advanced Class
azeriu » FAZZ

Intermediate Class
ballistic » RX-79G sniper

Beginner Class
blu_bing » MG RX78GP01
Rust is beautiful.

CHAOS|ZERO

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 12, 2007, 06:35:29 AM »
wow. those are spme nice winning kits...
In the next BAKUC can it be for USA And Europe?
Im feeling A bit left out As the Only UK modeller ya see :P
and the guy who did the junior category one was pretty good.but. can there be an option in the monthly contest so that the junior contest can be separated from the open category.

-CHAOS|ZERO

Red Comet

• Whaa?!?!
    • View Profile
    • The Ghost of Zeon
« Reply #56 on: December 12, 2007, 12:32:56 PM »
In the next BAKUC can it be for the rest of the world?

Fixed.  ;)

Another question is when will the monthly and random contests begin again? There hasn't been a random draw for 6 weeks now and no monthly winner since September.

Congrats to the winners also!  :D

Whale Gamer

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 27, 2008, 10:47:57 PM »
How does the "in-progress box" when uploading an entry work?  I'm not sure what it means by "ID number"

Red Comet

• Whaa?!?!
    • View Profile
    • The Ghost of Zeon
« Reply #58 on: January 27, 2008, 11:57:11 PM »
It is meant to be linked with the forums (as in a progress topic for the model built and the number links the pictures to the topic etc) but it seems that there is a lack of interest on finishing the site and continuing on with the monthly/random prize draws.

Does anyone know what is going on with the site? I had some big hopes for it but since the initial hype died down, it seems to have lost a lot of steam for both entrants and the site admins.

Perhaps Fichtenfoo can shed some light on the situation for us?

Funaka

• W? FTP!
  • Help Editors
  • Look into my EYES!!!
    • View Profile
    • Funakatown
« Reply #59 on: February 02, 2008, 05:05:22 PM »
I had similar problems posting pictures (I tried both IE and Firefox). I tried to enter my Astray Purple Frame and gave up. When my Peace and Freedom Gundam was finished, I tried to post it, too, but with the same non-results. I tried to go on the site today to try again after reading through this thread and couldn't even get the site up.

I really wanted to support BAKUC in North America so Bandai might shine a little more Gundam light this direction, but perhaps the site was put up before it was ready and turned too many people off? :(

I'd appreciate any news or suggestions.
"I don't belong to an organized political party. I'm a Democrat." - Will Rogers

Please visit Funakatown
Also, see my report on the Bandai Gunpla World Cup 2010