Author Topic: Spinal Chord/God Gundam Head  (Read 4468 times)

DrDazzle

• back to formula?
    • View Profile
Spinal Chord/God Gundam Head
« on: July 30, 2007, 01:10:48 PM »
So, I made a post recently regarding the construction of an RX-78-2 Beam Rifle/Launcher, as I PLANNED on the HGUC RX-78-2 kit being my next. Plans have changed.

I was browsing the MMC and in October I believe they are holding a contest for the "Most Evil" kit. My plan involves the MG Master Gundam in some kind of elaborate or menacing pose holding the God Gundams head with the spinal chord hanging loose.
     "Silly boy, Gundams don't have spinal chords!"
Perhaps, but I think that showing "interals" would convey the brutality of the G Gundam's demise, thus making it more evil. Also, keep in mind the piloting system in G Gundam, it makes some sense I suppose.

Anyways, my question is, are there any "Skeletal" model kits that would fit that scale that I could get a chord from, and if not (which there probably aren't any), can anyone lend some tips as to how I could scratch build one? I thought of doing a robotic version of the human spinal chord, but I thought it didn't look evil enough.

Also, while I may have some of the members' attention, does anyone have a 1/100 (Doesn't have to be MG) G Gundam head I could purchase? I know B-Club makes the anime style head, but thats a last resort seeing as how I would have to pay a good bit because it is resin, and because of overseas shipping costs.

Thanks for all your assistance on the matter.

GlauG

• Decepticon Ninja Consultant
    • View Profile
Re: Spinal Chord/God Gundam Head
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2007, 02:05:38 PM »
Slightly ironic, but there's actually a kit which probably has what you want, I have one somewhere.  It's from Hobby Japan or Dengeki Hobby, and it's a set of plastic option parts for a severed Devil Gundam head, plus 2 spare God Gundam heads, and 2 God Finger hands.  If you could find one, the G heads plus the severed spinal cord from the DG head would probably be perfect.

DrDazzle

• back to formula?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2007, 01:30:21 PM »
Slightly ironic, but there's actually a kit which probably has what you want, I have one somewhere.  It's from Hobby Japan or Dengeki Hobby, and it's a set of plastic option parts for a severed Devil Gundam head, plus 2 spare God Gundam heads, and 2 God Finger hands.  If you could find one, the G heads plus the severed spinal cord from the DG head would probably be perfect.

Thanks for the tip off. Do you have any other info though? Maybe a rough release date on that particular issue or anything? Google is never as helpful for me as it is other people.

Xan7hos

• New Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2008, 11:16:24 PM »

I actually have that one, it's definitely a Dengeki issue. The option parts are a severed Devil-like Gundam head (it has jaws and fangs). I was gonna use that with a Devil Gundam 1/144th model (after seeing a lot of very nicely built ones in the Dengeki King of Gundam competition), but the project was put on hiatus. Very nice piece imo, and I think it'd definitely work

fulcy

• Genius is never understood in its own time
  • FFF Staff
    • View Profile
    • http://www.mechaskunk.com
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2008, 01:48:59 AM »
I actually have that kit too - somewhere...  If you're interested in it, let me know, and I can dig it out for you...

zerobxu

• mit Sauerkraut!
  • FFF Staff
  • D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
    • View Profile
    • Zero: Dumber Than Fiction
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2008, 07:16:42 AM »
Is it the one in clear orange? I think I might have that sitting next to my MG God Gundam...
"The parrot is the bird that talks the most and flies the worst."
-The Wright Brothers

Doctor Seleski

• Do they make that in pink?
  • FFF Staff
  • Char!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2008, 08:56:22 AM »
Is it the one in clear orange? I think I might have that sitting next to my MG God Gundam...
Yup, that's the one... clear orange sprue in a cardboard sleeve from Dengeki Hobby and hard to find.  I can't even find an image of it on Google.

zerobxu

• mit Sauerkraut!
  • FFF Staff
  • D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
    • View Profile
    • Zero: Dumber Than Fiction
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2008, 09:48:50 AM »
You should've taken a picture of it, then--it's the one you sent me a few years back!  :lol:
"The parrot is the bird that talks the most and flies the worst."
-The Wright Brothers

Doctor Seleski

• Do they make that in pink?
  • FFF Staff
  • Char!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2008, 10:04:24 AM »
I know you know.  The description was for everyone else's benefit.  :lol:

Wait... so now you want me to take pictures of kits I once had?  As if I need that on top of the actual kits I have?!  :razz: